Author Topic: Star Tours Thread - Waves 1-3  (Read 81808 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Tours thread... Wave 4 coming soon?
« Reply #165 on: October 8, 2004, 11:43 AM »
I asked them to cancel it, 'cause I didn't want to have to hit up Disneyland 20 times again...   :P

No idea, actually.  Still nuthin' down there.  Maybe they're having a hard time deciding what cards to put them on (did we see any carded shots, or just loose ones?)...  OTC, Saga...  Or maybe they just finally realized that their droids suck (aside from the astromechs)...   :-\
« Last Edit: October 8, 2004, 11:44 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 8, 2004, 05:13 PM »
The E-Tailers have begun putting these up for preorder, which makes me believe they'll be released around Christmas.

And I still wish I could care about this wave.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 8, 2004, 05:27 PM »
I asked them to cancel it, 'cause I didn't want to have to hit up Disneyland 20 times again...   :P

No idea, actually.  Still nuthin' down there.  Maybe they're having a hard time deciding what cards to put them on (did we see any carded shots, or just loose ones?)...  OTC, Saga...  Or maybe they just finally realized that their droids suck (aside from the astromechs)...   :-\

Carded samples floated around a while back on the SAGA style cards. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2004, 12:19 AM »
Anything yet? It's been a little over a month since out last "update" on the fate of series 4...  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2004, 12:50 AM »
Nope.  Nada.

No idea what's happened to these...  Haven't seen or heard a peep about them in quite some time.  I'll let you know right here as soon as I do though!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2004, 01:48 AM »
I wish they'd clearance old figures.  I'd take a bunch of that bronze one with the hoses and stuff, and the boxy one with the welding arm.

I thought those were 2 really decent, Star Wars-y figures.  Especially the bronze one.  THAT is a nice figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2004, 02:01 AM »
These ones Jesse?

The WEG-1618 reminds me of the ASP-7 droid.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2004, 02:44 AM »
Yup.  The top one sports some nice decals on his back, separate hose pieces, a ball/socket head...  The boxy one isn't as nice, but the "cheap" droid feel is there.

The rusty one though, he rocks.  A figure that holds up agains thte BEST droids Hasbro has offered.  $10's steep, but if they came down at all I think I'd buy two more anyway.  They look like any droid you'd see in any scene in the movies.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2004, 08:37 AM »

I am not hearing anything here in O town either, hoping to see the  Jedi Mickey plush again. They did have a few new Indy items... ::)

But that's how it goes when you deal with Disney.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2004, 07:22 AM »
A visit to Once Upon a Toy this week, and nothing new. They only had wave 3 Star Tours on the shelf, no waves 1 & 2. All 3 waves were still available at Tatooine Traders @ MGM Studios.

They are out of stock on several popular items, perhaps they will be restocking for the Holidays?

Asking several cast members about the upcoming toys gave me several different anwers, none of them helpful.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2004, 12:00 AM »
Thanks for the updates Sharon!  I've heard the same from Karen out in your neck of the woods too.  Nothing out here on our side either.

What's funny, is that as much as I hated that Wave 4, I'd be pissed if they cancelled it for some reason.  I hate it when SW figures get shown, and then axed.  Make my collection feel incomplete...   :P

What about Sandcrawlers out there Sharon?  None of those either?  If there are any, let us know if they're $40 (as was rumored a couple weeks ago), or if they're just the usual $60...

I could probably go for one of those little Jedi Mickeys too, so hopefully they show up again sometime - especially out this way.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Be careful what you wish for, Matt! Do we REALLY want to go to the post office right now? :P Maybe they are being kind to us, and waiting until after Chrismas.... :-*

Yes, Sandcrawler is $40 and Slave 1 is $30 at MGM or OUAT. (Thanks Hasrbo! ;D)  It is great to have these resources so close by.

Perhaps Hasbro decided to change the cards on the Star Tours figures? Anything could happen....

But PLEASE bring back Jedi Mickey!

Stay tuned...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Guys,

I am headed to the great land of the Mouse on Tuesday of next week.. Is there ANY chance that Star Tours figures will still be there? Or any of the other goodies from Star Tours even?

Thanks
Paul

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2005, 07:39 PM »
Still not a peep out of Series 4 yet Paul.  Considering nothing's shown up on eBay, it doesn't look like they're gonna be happening anytime soon.  Maybe they're gonna hold onto them 'til Ep. 3 hits theaters.  I dunno...  But from what I've heard, I think there should be at least 6 of the 9 prior Star Tours figures there, if not all of them.

As for other stuff there, I've heard some reports of scattered sitings of the OTC Sandcrawler there for only $40, but that's only at the Disneyworld store.  Which one are you going to?

Other than that, they've got all sorts of random SW things, from the regular retail stuff you'd see in stores (marked up quite a bit), to some more unique stuff related to the ride and what not.  They've got some new small PVC/vinyl set of figures, from what I recall.  Might want to drop Master_Phruby a message here if you're hitting Disneyland, as he stops in there every few weeks (including last weekend), so he might have a better idea than I do. 

If you're going to Disneyworld, shoot Sharon a line (Darthshader, above), and she can likely tell you what they've got in stock out there...

Good luck, and have fun!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 07:41 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2005, 08:04 PM »
Sandcrawler is LONG gone here, but you will find the Y wing at Tatooine Traders, or Once Upon a Toy. The only Star Tours figures left here are wave 3 plus Rex from wave 2.

Plenty of other goodies, hope you will enjoy Disney. ;D