Author Topic: Keeping up with figures  (Read 21820 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Keeping up with figures
« Reply #15 on: April 7, 2003, 12:38 PM »
Here's a screenshot of what my Saga figure list page looks like.  I have everything categorized pretty well with all the different figure lines.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 07:45 PM by dustrho »
dustrho

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: April 8, 2003, 12:23 AM »
I have a ('sob') lowly MAC G3 and just list my figures as they appear on my trade list in QuarkXPress 4.11. No spread sheet, no formats, just a long list. My trade list is my entire collection basically. I reserve the right to deny trading certain 'keepers'. but post them to see if I can get something ultra-cool for them. Anyway, you Excel spreadsheet guys are way ahead of my game. I think just taking the time to get them all typed in is enough to warrant a few cheers! I agree with dustro in that it is essential you have some documentation of your collection for insurance purposes! I even have video taped my entire collection, piece by piece (took a long-ass time!). That ended up being kind of senseless because I trade quite a bit, but for the most part, it is evidence of what I own and what I trade for usually is equal to what I had when I taped it.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 8, 2003, 03:30 PM »
I use microsoft word and have all of the information for my carded figures in tidy little tables consisting of five columns and hundreds of rows. I have a table for every collection, ie.  Orange Card, Green Card, FF's, Saga Card #1, Saga Card #2 and so on.

In each row from left to right I list the name of the figure, as it appears on the card, then I list accesories/special features/Autographed in the second column. Then I list card # or production number, then release date. Below is an example ONLY:

ANAKIN SKYWALKER    Peasant Disguise    `02`01                   4-02   comPADME’ AMIDAL   Arena Escape   `02`02                   4-02    
OBI-WAN KENOBI   Coruscant Chase   `02`03                   4-02    
C-3PO                    Purple Version    `02`04                   4-02   
KIT FISTO    Jedi Master   `02`05                   4-02   
SUPER BATTLE DRO   Autographed   `02`06                   4-02   

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Chris Rhoads, would you be able to forward me some of the spreadsheets, for examples, so i can do this too, the way you have yours organized is pretty sweet, here is my email : Surfer8oy19@aol.com, thank you.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2003, 08:16 PM »
Chris Rhoads, would you be able to forward me some of the spreadsheets, for examples, so i can do this too, the way you have yours organized is pretty sweet, here is my email : Surfer8oy19@aol.com, thank you.

Sent you a copy of my spreadsheet per your request.  If anyone else would like a copy of it please shoot me an email at crhoads@ameritech.net.   8)
dustrho

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2004, 02:57 PM »

Sent you a copy of my spreadsheet per your request.  If anyone else would like a copy of it please shoot me an email at crhoads@ameritech.net.   8)

I really want to work on mine and also track items I have traded or sold.  I sent you an e-mail, thanks for the offer Chris.

This will beat starting from scratch.

-Fish-

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2004, 03:31 PM »
i actually just got a copy of this spreadsheet from chris myself, and it is indeed a great place to start tracking your collection. 1 drawback - chris's collection is filled in to the spreadsheet  >:(

just kidding, just kidding, chris - i appreciate the effort that you put into making the spreadsheet and the fact that you freely distribute it to anyone who asks. i am in the process of cleaning out your items, and when i'm done and have a fresh and clean spreadsheet, i'll gladly share it with anyone who wants a copy. might be a few more days till it's done.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2004, 07:39 PM »
I'm working right now on it by cleaning out my data entries so that everyone doesn't have to do it themselves (I'm talking to you crybaby Dave).   ;)   :-*

I'll have it sent over to you shortly Fish.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2004, 07:46 PM »
You've got mail Fish.   8)
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2004, 07:58 PM »
Wow, that is impressive.  I have mine in Excel also and use the tabs at the bottom for different items but it's no where NEAR that organized.  I basically have the figures, the card color and price.  

Like I said, impressive...if I hadn't put so much time in to my simple version already, I would be asking for a copy of yours!!
Beth

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 11:40 PM »
You've got mail Fish.   8)

Received, thanks you very much.  Very nice!

-Fish-

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2004, 03:06 PM »
Wow, that is impressive.  I have mine in Excel also and use the tabs at the bottom for different items but it's no where NEAR that organized.  I basically have the figures, the card color and price.  

Like I said, impressive...if I hadn't put so much time in to my simple version already, I would be asking for a copy of yours!!

Thank you for the great compliments Beth.  I really do appreciate the positive feedback.  If you'd like a copy just let me know.   ;D
dustrho

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2004, 09:06 PM »
There is some decent collector software out there.  I  use a program called Collection Explorer.  It keeps track of pictures, figure info, price/purchase history, and a place for additional photo's for those variations.  I think I paid under $15.00 for it.  

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 2, 2004, 10:00 PM »
At the moment I keep up with the figures that I have in my head.  I usually do pretty good on not getting doubles but if I do I would just sell them to someone else.  Once I move out of my parents house and into my own place I will probally start to log them in on a spread sheet.  I actually tried to log all of my EP1 stuff but I never got it up to date with the tail end of the line and POTJ stuff.  
« Last Edit: March 2, 2004, 10:01 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: April 7, 2004, 12:17 AM »
I know what I have because I put them in these huge storage containers (they're padded of course). I tend to stick to the ones I want and not buy every figure out there...
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader