Author Topic: LOST  (Read 134396 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Three
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2007, 01:14 PM »
I've been reading up on a few LOST theories, and here are a couple I feel are worth considering:

"The ULTIMATE Lost Theory

The Seven Seals Theory

Discuss!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2007, 05:16 PM »
I think the first one was pretty good, but it gets shot to hell with the destruction of the hatch.

The second one is just all over the place...interesting though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 1, 2007, 02:29 AM »
Okay, now I liked last night's "Lost."  It's the first one since they came back from break that I liked and it's one of the few including the first 6 that didn't suck IMO.

Plus, Cheech!!!

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 1, 2007, 09:53 AM »
Yeah, I really liked last nights episode. That's probably why this season has been lack luster so far, too much time spent away from characters we really like.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 09:53 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 1, 2007, 10:07 AM »
I really enjoyed last night's episode as well, and the "feel good" part of it was welcome too.  Its better when we get a better idea what the majority of the island/cast is doing, not just 3 or 4 people.  Looking forward to next week's.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: March 1, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Yeah, last night's episode was great.  I like Jack and Kate and all, but it was really nice to get away from focusing everything on them. 

It was nice to see Hugo/Charlie take on his "curse" and walk away from it.  I also liked the phrases Sawyer was teaching Jin.   :P

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Last night's episode was great because it was light-hearted and funny.  I enjoyed Hurley's flashbacks, but I really liked watching some of the main characters do something that didn't have a huge bearing on the overall story.  The last couple of minutes with Kate and Rousseau were more than enough to keep the plot going.  A lot of people will see this as a throw-away episode, but I thought that it was needed.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2007, 11:18 AM by Neal »

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 1, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Everyone liked this episode because there was button pushing in the preview for next weeks episode.  Finally, back to button pushing!

Now all we need is for the Cylons to come back.  :'(
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 1, 2007, 01:53 PM »
I really liked last night's episode.  The whole van thing once Sawyer came was hilarious. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 1, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Last night's episode was great because it was light-hearted and funny.  I enjoyed Hurley's flashbacks, but I really liked watching some of the main characters do something that didn't have a huge bearing on the overall story.  The last couple of minutes with Kate and Rousseau were more than enough to keep the plot going.  A lot of people will see this as a throw-away episode, but I thought that it was needed.

I liked the show, but I tihnk it took entirely too long for anyone to mention the Alex & Danielle connection.  The writers left that sitting out there FOREVER and when they finally brought it up, I thought it was a little anticlimactic.  The guys being buddy scenese were great though - especially Sawyer teaching Jin everything he needs to know about communicating with women in English.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 2, 2007, 09:47 AM »

I liked the show, but I tihnk it took entirely too long for anyone to mention the Alex & Danielle connection.  The writers left that sitting out there FOREVER and when they finally brought it up, I thought it was a little anticlimactic. 

Tottaly agree. A few episodes ago, I kept turning to my wife "Isn't Delenn's (Russo's Character on Baylon 5) daughter named Alex?" Thought I had a faulty memory since no one on the show brought it up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 2, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Last night was episode 3x9, and Billy Dee Williams is rumored to be in 3x14.  That's going to be one looooooooong arc if it takes them that long to get to the Others "home" camp. 

Yup.  It's looking as if it will be a looooooooong arc.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 7, 2007, 11:04 PM »
Superb episode. I think that was the best one this season. I really liked the insight into Sieds character, and the Russian Eye-Patch man. That ending surprised the hell out of me.

Kevin

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 7, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Superb episode. I think that was the best one this season. I really liked the insight into Sieds character, and the Russian Eye-Patch man. That ending surprised the hell out of me.

Kevin

Seriously?  I had just about the opposite reaction.  When they showed Locke playing with the computer and immediately showed the C4 in the hatch, it was obvious what was going to happen.  I just wasn't sure if anyone would be caught in the blast.  Patch guy was okay, but it sucks to not know what he is or is not telling the truth about.  When he said he was the last Dharma guy, I thought we'd come out with at least a few answers.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 8, 2007, 12:02 AM »
I thought we'd come out with at least a few answers.   :P

In a way we did. We now know the computers aren't able to reach the mainland, and now we know the sonar is out. Seems like the only communication possible is through the "Others" or through the Radio Tower that we were told about.

Kevin