Author Topic: LOST  (Read 135212 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2008, 10:03 PM »
What happened to creepy eye patch guy who's been killed twice? I want to know more about him. And you would think Desmond would have shared that little detail of Charlie's death with everyone.  ???

I also think it's kinda dumb that it only took Claire one episode to get over Charlie's death. In last night's episode it was like it hadn't even happened.  ::)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2008, 11:22 AM »
This oceanic 6 stuff is driving me mad. It's just like the 12 original cylons and who they are.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 24, 2008, 08:52 PM »
What do you guys think about Daniel and the cards scene. They seem to know that the island has some type of special property and i think they were testing psychic abilities.

This was my first thought as well - that he was testing paranormal abilities.  The Aaron thing was pretty obvious once they mentioned her baby.  I was trying to figure out the timeline and it just didn't seem to make sense.  Even if she's 3 mo. pregnant right now (on the island), she would be 6 months pregnant back hom, and doesn't seem to make sense that they would wait over six months for a trial.  Agree that the episodes keep getting better and better.  Kudos to the writers for bringing some mystery back to the show.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 25, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I think the count is 4 which means 2 more left.

Kate, Jack, Hugo, Saied, and Arron. Is Arron number five? Is number six the person in the coffin?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 25, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Aaron was born on the island and wasn't on the plane, so he can't be #5.  There's still two Oceanic 6 persons to be revealed.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 26, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Not sure I quite follow the logic. I don't think we can say for sure that his birth status excludes him from being included in the count. Besides, I'm pretty sure the advertisement in the episode previous stated that another Oceanic 6 would be revealed.  As always, could be wrong though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 26, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Technically, I don't think Kate was revealed as an Oceanic Six survivor until the last episode.  She was in Jack's Flash-Forward last season but that was before we knew about the Oceanic Six.

I'm wondering how they are going to reconcile the whole Aaron thing - if he was considered "Kate's" baby she'd have to be nearly as pregnant as Claire was at the time of the Oceanic 815.  Surely someone in the law enforcement would have known that she was 8 months pregnant when the Marshall was bringing her back the US.  I just don't see how that adds up.

Before the end of the last epsiode - I was convinced that the Oceanic Six were:  Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Locke, and Sawyer.  Now, I'm doubting both Locke and Sawyer. 

BTW, I'm just catching up on this thread becuase I hadn't watched most of the new episodes this season until last night - remind me, who is Christian?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:47 AM by BrentS »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2008, 11:34 AM »
Jack's father, and Aaron's grandfather, for that matter...who may or may not really be dead, after Jack's outburst in the hospital halls in the finale, and what may have been an appearance by him at the cabin when Hurley looked in the window.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2008, 12:00 PM »
Not sure I quite follow the logic. I don't think we can say for sure that his birth status excludes him from being included in the count. Besides, I'm pretty sure the advertisement in the episode previous stated that another Oceanic 6 would be revealed.  As always, could be wrong though.

I'm making the logical assumption that to be part of the Oceanic 6 your name had to be on the flight manifest.  Having not being born, that excludes Aaron.  That also excludes people who weren't on the plane - Desmond, Ben, Alex and her mother, any of the freighter people, the Others, etc.  How this relates to Kate and her "adoption" of Aaron, I don't know, but I don't think Aaron's part of the six.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2008, 09:16 AM »

I'm making the logical assumption that to be part of the Oceanic 6 your name had to be on the flight manifest.  Having not being born, that excludes Aaron.  That also excludes people who weren't on the plane - Desmond, Ben, Alex and her mother, any of the freighter people, the Others, etc.  How this relates to Kate and her "adoption" of Aaron, I don't know, but I don't think Aaron's part of the six.

Okay, now I follow. Not sure if I would agree about Aaron specifically, but I can accept that reasoning. If you're right, I owe you a coke. ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2008, 01:02 PM »
The reason why i dont think Aaron is included in the six is based on some other characters. Think about this aspect. Lets say Desmond gets off the island. He would not be considered on of the Oceanic 6. He was not on the plane so why would he be considered one of them. Same thing for Ben or Juliet. They are not part of the oceanic six.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 29, 2008, 09:15 AM »
I completely agree with that reasoning, however, since the Aaron was given birth by one of the passengers, one can conclude that can be part of the six. However, I can see him not being included in the count either. Seems this is a big point of debate in the lost forums as well.

Setting that aside, another great episode last night! This season is truly fantastic.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #372 on: February 29, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Setting that aside, another great episode last night! This season is truly fantastic.

I agree, Desomnd is one of my favorite characters and last night's epiosde was fantastic.  I actually cheered for him at the end.  :)

Also, I think my favorite part last night was the auction...  of the log book... that was written by a "first mate" Hanso... recovered from the sailing ship, the Black Rock... that was "lost at sea".   :D

Waaaaaaay too many easter eggs in that scene, and chocked full of "whoa" moments for things we've seen/heard about on the island before!  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 29, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Yeah, I really enjoyed last night's episode as well.  The Desmond stuff always seems to be good, and this season in general has been great I think.  Regarding the Oceanic 6, I noticed that TV Guide's "insider" Michael Ausiello mentioned in his column this week that Aaron isn't considered one of the Oceanic 6.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #374 on: February 29, 2008, 10:46 PM »
Desmond is one of my top 3 favorite characters and i was happy to see him finally speak to penelope, but i am not digging the time travel thing. Not sure how they are going explain that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"