Author Topic: LOST  (Read 134973 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #465 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I don't think Jin is dead.  Sure, we were made to believe he blew up with the freighter, but we never saw the body.  And what's the golden rule?  If you never see a body, that person isn't dead.  Plus he was too much of a major character to not get an up close and personal death scene.  My guess is he jumped off the boat before it blew and was swimming back to the island, most likely found by Daniel and the Zodiac and was within the time travel/displacement bubble when the island moved.  We'll see them in season 5 drinking rum with Juliet, her nice boobies and Sawyer on the beach.

What an amazing finale.  Lots of great stuff - the Sayid / Keamy fight, Locke in the coffin, the island disappearing and the best moment of all - Penny and Desmond finally seeing each other.  I got goosebumps and almost wept like a little bitch.

It's going to be a long wait until January...

I was kind of thinking the same as you Mikey.  I'm not totally convinced Jin is dead either.  Although the scenes with Sun leaving/crying were gut-wrenching, it still doesn't seem like an appropriate death for a main character like Jin when its just a 'splosion from a ways away.  They usually tend to be more "up close and personal" with larger characters like that.  Plus, we all know that dead doesn't mean dead or "off the show" with LOST anyways.

I have to admit, I was pretty giddy over the Desmond/Penny reunion, and I was really glad that he didn't end up getting killed off.  He's become one of my favorite characters, and hopefully we'll see more of him in the upcoming seasons (likely with Ben pursuing Penny, to take revenge on Whidmore).  I have to say I really had no idea who was going to be in the casket.  I thought Locke was an option, but was surprised by the ending that it was.  This really sets things up for an interesting season next year, with the "rescuees" and "left behindees".  You just know that Jack is going round them up and take them back eventually :).

Overall, a great season finale I thought - and just a great season of LOST overall as well, probably my favorite since the first season.  I enjoyed every episode, and the wait until January is going to suck.  I hadn't heard about the alt endings on GMA, I wonder if they'll be up online somewhere soon?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #466 on: May 30, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Any guesses as to the two alternate endings? I'd guess that they changed up who was in the coffin, but my wife and I reasoned why it couldn't have been anyone else.

I forgot to set up the DVR for Good Morning America so I'm interested in hearing about the alternate endings.

I watched GMA and the two alternate endings were indeed just other people being shown in the coffin, alt #1 - Saywer and alt #2 - Desmond.

They said that the LOST team filmed all three so that in case info on the taping leaked, no one would be sure who it was supposed to be until last night...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 30, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Anyone else catch the relation of Locke's "real" name?  Most of us have read by now that the real John Locke was a philosopher.  Well, the real Jeremy Bentham was also a philosopher, and he was a contemporary of the real John Locke.  I knew it was going to be Locke in the casket, but I didn't know the name connection until after the show.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Here's some interesting information about the real Jeremy Bentham.  Maybe that isn't Locke's body .....

As requested in his will, his body was preserved and stored in a wooden cabinet, termed his "Auto-icon". Originally kept by his disciple Dr. Southwood Smith,[11] it was acquired by University College London in 1850. The Auto-icon is kept on public display at the end of the South Cloisters in the main building of the College. For the 100th and 150th anniversaries of the college, the Auto-icon was brought to the meeting of the College Council, where he was listed as "present but not voting".[12] Tradition holds that if the council's vote on any motion is tied, the auto-icon always breaks the tie by voting in favour of the motion.

The Auto-icon has always had a wax head, as Bentham's head was badly damaged in the preservation process. The real head was displayed in the same case for many years, but became the target of repeated student pranks including being stolen on more than one occasion. It is now locked away securely.

There is a plaque on Queen Anne's Gate, Westminster commemorating the house where Bentham lived, which at the time was called Queen's Square Place.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 30, 2008, 03:12 PM »
Awesome episode!  Something that seemed to get lost in all of the other goings on:  Charlotte's decision to stay/return to the island in search of her birth place...........

I'll admit it since you guys won't -- I did cry a when Desmond and Penny were reunited.  It was such an uplifting moment after all the death and destruction earlier in the day.

I also loved Sawyer's heroic move -- poor guy doesn't get enough credit for being a good guy.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 30, 2008, 03:13 PM »
TVGuide has an interview up with Harold Perrineau (Michael), following the season finale.  He doesn't sound overly pleased with how things turned out for his character.

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #471 on: May 30, 2008, 03:57 PM »
interesting interview. even though he is a little displeased i could see him playing the part of dead Michael talking to Walt. You think Walt is part of the group that has to go back?

I know alot of people think Jin is not dead, but i just can't see where he could end up with the island moving. I've also read a theory that the raft with Faraday was in range of the island move and moved with it, but I'm not so sure about that either. It showed Faraday and the raft in the water after the island disappeared.

i guess the Octagon Global is recruiting thing is happening at comic con I'm even more hyped to go now.

Think Octagon Global is the joint venture between widmore and sun?

So about Locke being in the casket. So Locke as Jeremy Bentham visits all the people who got off the island still asking them to still keep the secret 3 years later and then is possibly killed by someone. hmm.. :)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 30, 2008, 04:35 PM »
So about Locke being in the casket. So Locke as Jeremy Bentham visits all the people who got off the island still asking them to still keep the secret 3 years later and then is possibly killed by someone. hmm.. :)

I wouldn't think Locke's first priority would be to ask that they keep the secret, I would think that his main objective would be to get them to return to the island.............

Maybe the island wouldn't let him live away from it................ :-\
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:00 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #473 on: May 30, 2008, 05:01 PM »
yep you got it. i just re watched it on line and at the very end at the funeral parlor Jack mentions that he asked him to go back to the island when he visited him a month ago. I'm pretty sure that does mean Walt is part of the group that has to go back now as well since Locke visited him too. cool stuff :)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 30, 2008, 06:15 PM »
Ok what about the people going to the ship, whent he island disaperaed and the ship went Boom!!!? What happened to them..weere they still in the area of island and got zapped away?  why is Sun mad at Jack? What did he do? And why isn't she mad at Witmore? He was his guy that blew up the ship? Was she playing him? What about Hurley playing Chess with Mr.Echo?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #475 on: May 30, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Very glad Desmond made it. He is still my favorite character and believe he will continue to be important.

CHarlotte has to be Dharma.

We need a Richard episode BADLY!

EDIT---

And after reading Harold Perrineau's interview i have lost any respect for him.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:51 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 30, 2008, 11:17 PM »
And after reading Harold Perrineau's interview i have lost any respect for him.

Agreed.  I know it sucks to be killed off and to be fair, him being on the boat was kind of useless IMO, but they also could have just killed him off in a single episode or just written his death without ever bringing him back if they really wanted to. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 31, 2008, 08:56 AM »

I know alot of people think Jin is not dead, but i just can't see where he could end up with the island moving. I've also read a theory that the raft with Faraday was in range of the island move and moved with it, but I'm not so sure about that either. It showed Faraday and the raft in the water after the island disappeared.

??? I don't remembering seeing the Zodiac on screen after the island moved. There was a shot (the white flash) right before the island disappeared of the raft but no shot of the raft in the water after the island went bye bye.

Jin knew there was explosives on the freighter so once he saw that he couldn't get on the helicopter, do you honestly think he'd stand around waiting to get blown up? 

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:10 AM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 31, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Anyone else catch the relation of Locke's "real" name?  Most of us have read by now that the real John Locke was a philosopher.  Well, the real Jeremy Bentham was also a philosopher, and he was a contemporary of the real John Locke.  I knew it was going to be Locke in the casket, but I didn't know the name connection until after the show.

Thanks for that info. My wife and I were thinking it was an anagram at first.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 31, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I was thinking about things last night..Charles Whitemore, Charlette, Ilsand being moved, and the the poloar bears.

Lets start with Charlette, its clear she was born on the island, so was she on the island when ben gased the Dharma people, was she already taken off the island, or were there a group of Dhrama people that survived the attack ( I.E just like a handfull of Jedi survived order 66) in which Charlette was with. I'm going to guess these people were lead by Charles Whitemore???  

Here is another thing im trying ot figure out, its clear the Island was "moved" before...most likey after the Dharma perdge. So who moved the Island?? Since we know now the person who moves the Island can never go back to the Island...I wounder if Ben tricked Whitemore????

I figured out why Sun is mad at Jack, might blame him for Jin's death, well it was jack that used the sat phone to contact the frieghter people, and that ultimatley lead to his death. Of course she dose not know that Ben killed Keamey which lead to the boat being blow up.

We know now why Charolette found the bones of the polar bear in the desert, Dharma was using the time machine to send animals back to the past or the future.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:37 AM by Darth_Ice »