Author Topic: LOST  (Read 134369 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #600 on: February 2, 2010, 07:21 AM »
Over here season 6 starts next Friday, only a couple of days behind you guys, then  ;D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #601 on: February 2, 2010, 08:36 PM »
I'm excitied to see how it will all end.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 2, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Okay, 30 min and I'm even more confused thanlast season.  I love this show.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #603 on: February 3, 2010, 12:25 AM »
WTF?  How can they all be in two places at once?

Nice to see Desmond and Charlie though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 3, 2010, 01:33 AM »
WTF?  How can they all be in two places at once?

Nice to see Desmond and Charlie though.

I think one is a flash forward or flash backward.  Maybe the version of them on the plane is the end of the show, assuming they find a way to reset everything?  It also just ocurred to me tonight that the dude impersonating Locke must be the guy who takes mystery forms on the island (Jack's dead dad, Echo's dead brother, Kate's horse, etc.)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 3, 2010, 08:14 AM »

I think one is a flash forward or flash backward.  Maybe the version of them on the plane is the end of the show, assuming they find a way to reset everything? 

I don't think so.  I believe the producers said that the "gimmick" this season hasn't been seen before, so no flashbacks, flashforwards or time travel.  It seems like there's two timelines, similar to the multiverse in DC Comics.  The two timelines are very similar up until the time of the plane crash, but there are minute changes, ie, Desmond wasn't on the original plane and the passengers were sitting in different seats - Rose & Bernard didn't sit next to each other on the original 815 flight & I don't believe Sawyer & Hurley and Locke & Boone did either.  And more than once, Jack had a look of deja vu on the plane, likes he's been there before.  That could a slight merge of the two Jacks or something similar (the scene in the plane bathroom with Jack looking in the mirror is a subtle clue).  And dead Juliet (more on that later) told Miles that "it worked".  It didn't work for one timeline (the island) but it did for another.

I think we'll continue to see the crash timeline passengers and non-crash timeline passengers and how it affects them.  Some of the passengers are better off when the plane crashed (Locke, Kate, Sawyer, Sun & Jin) and some are better off when the plane landed (Jack, Hurley, maybe Sayid and Rose & Bernard - we don't know if she has cancer in the new timeline or not yet).  I'm looking forward to how the two timelines merge and the final end result.

Pissed that Juliet died, I'm going to miss her boobies.  At least she can go on fighting reptile aliens disguised as humans and worrying about her teenage son banging alien hotties.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 3, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Pissed that Juliet died, I'm going to miss her boobies.  At least she can go on fighting reptile aliens disguised as humans and worrying about her teenage son banging alien hotties.

Don't forget about Charlie playing the bad guy on FlashForward.  ;)

Personally, I would have loved to see Charlie recognize Jack on the plane and tell him its not Penny's boat. That would have been too trippy.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 02:16 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #607 on: February 3, 2010, 10:07 AM »
It also just ocurred to me tonight that the dude impersonating Locke must be the guy who takes mystery forms on the island (Jack's dead dad, Echo's dead brother, Kate's horse, etc.)

And, I think it was pretty clear after last night, that he's also smokey too... which is awesome.

It seems like there's two timelines, similar to the multiverse in DC Comics. 

Yeah, it's definitely more of a "flash sideways" thing going on with two distinct timelines.

When they nuked the pocket, it caused some sort of divergent timeline, which appears to have a lot of different subtle changes from the original...
- the island is now on the ocean floor
- without the island/swan station, Desmond's boat apparently never crashed there - did he make it back to Penny in this timeline?
- people sitting in different spots on the plane
- Shannon staying in Australia instead of going on the plane
- where's Mr. Eko, Libby, AnnaLucia?  Not on the plane anymore?
- and, from the video they showed at SDCC, Kate killed a different guy in that explosion that she was arrested for, not her mom's BF

Definitely looking forward to seeing if this "additional" timeline will somehow merge with the island one or if it wll somehow replace "our" existing timeline.

Oh, and I do have to say that the MIB/FakeLocke/Smokey was a bad-ass - killing Jacob's bodyguards and then punking Richard and dragging him off... not to mention the temple (finally the "taken" people plot point comes back) and all the stuff that happened with Sayd (dead/alive).  I really can't wait to see what happens next when smokey comes calling.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #608 on: February 3, 2010, 10:18 AM »
I really enjoyed it last night (for the first time in a long time it was more than just interesting), and I agree, there's two timelines. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 3, 2010, 10:20 AM »
EW has a small Q and A with Cuse/Lindelof and they discuss a number of things from the premiere.  Like it was already said here, this is more of a "flash sideways", and there are two realities at work here.  They do go out of their way to say that neither is an "alternate reality", because that makes it sound like one is more real than the other, which isn't the case.  They were also on Kimmel last night, and did a round of "is this a coincidence?" which revealed a little bit as well.  They noted the subtle differences (some already mentioned here), like that Jack is the nervous flier this time around and Rose is the calm one (previously the other way around).  They also said that the fact that Shannon was not on the plane was not a coincidence, but the fact that Desmond disappeared once Charlie appeared was a coincidence.  Kimmel also put a theory out there that Jacob had possessed Sayid's body at the end, but they of course wouldn't confirm or deny that at all :).

All in all, I'm still loving this show.  Sure, it can be as confusing as hell sometimes, but I think it is part of the fun.  It is sad that it is coming to a close, but at the same time I'm really enjoying the ride to the end.  I really enjoyed Fake Locke as well, he sure is a bad ass.  The revelation that he is "smokey" as well was pretty cool.  Can't wait for next week.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 3, 2010, 10:39 AM »
I agree with the bad ass Man in Black / Faux Locke / Smokey comments.  They should just give Terry O'Quinn the Emmy now.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 3, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Without the island/swan station, Desmond's boat apparently never crashed there - did he make it back to Penny in this timeline?

What's odd about all of that is that Desmond shouldn't have been on the plane regardless.  That's one heck of a coincidence that he never made it to the island and then ended up on the exact same flight as everyone else.  I'd almost guess that he did his time travel trick to get on the flight, but it didn't seem like he was working towards any real purpose - at least not anyhting they let on to. 

- people sitting in different spots on the plane
- Shannon staying in Australia instead of going on the plane
- where's Mr. Eko, Libby, AnnaLucia?  Not on the plane anymore?

I didn't notice they were in different spots - good catch!  Was it everyone or who did you notice specifically?  I thought about the "Tailies" we didn't see as well, but figured they were in the aft section and that's why we missed 'em.

Oh, and I do have to say that the MIB/FakeLocke/Smokey was a bad-ass - killing Jacob's bodyguards and then punking Richard and dragging him off... not to mention the temple (finally the "taken" people plot point comes back) and all the stuff that happened with Sayd (dead/alive).  I really can't wait to see what happens next when smokey comes calling.  :)

Amen to that - O'quinn makes a pretty scary bad guy.  Interesting to note that in the interview on Jimmy Kimmel last night, the writers said something has possessed Sayid, but possibly not Jacob...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #612 on: February 3, 2010, 12:08 PM »
What's odd about all of that is that Desmond shouldn't have been on the plane regardless. That's one heck of a coincidence that he never made it to the island and then ended up on the exact same flight as everyone else.

We only have a small bit of info, so we have no idea how/why Des ended up on the plane... but I think that's sort of the point that he did.  Even if you change time with some drastic event, these characters still have some sort of destiny to be tied together - Jack still meets Locke, Jack meets Sayid, Locke meets Boone, Kate meets Saywer, Kate meets Claire, etc.

Maybe instead of Jack/Desmond first meeting at that stadium while running, this was the way fate introduced them?  Just have to sit back and enjoy the ride until we get some more info...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 3, 2010, 12:45 PM »
What's odd about all of that is that Desmond shouldn't have been on the plane regardless. That's one heck of a coincidence that he never made it to the island and then ended up on the exact same flight as everyone else.

We only have a small bit of info, so we have no idea how/why Des ended up on the plane... but I think that's sort of the point that he did.  Even if you change time with some drastic event, these characters still have some sort of destiny to be tied together - Jack still meets Locke, Jack meets Sayid, Locke meets Boone, Kate meets Saywer, Kate meets Claire, etc.

Maybe instead of Jack/Desmond first meeting at that stadium while running, this was the way fate introduced them?  Just have to sit back and enjoy the ride until we get some more info...

Interesting - I was thinking they had already met at the stadium and that's why Jack thought Des looked familiar.  I hope there is something more in store for their destiny other than they would have met no matter what.  Seems like a 5 minute meeting in an elevator or on the plane is a big change from the much more involced relationships on the island.  I'm starting to get nervous about the wrters' ability to tie all this up to my satisfaction with just one season left.   :-\  Like you said - guess we have to just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 3, 2010, 05:04 PM »
What was up with voodooish, holy groundish dirt trick to keep Smokey at bay? 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.