Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133807 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #645 on: May 19, 2010, 10:26 AM »

My prediction: Jack stays on the Island with "Locke"...with the way their two characters were at odds through the entire series it seems to fit.

Desmond will merge the two realities so Sun, Jinn, Charlie and even Penny's half-brother will still be alive.

Good call. Jack is the most tragic character on the show, IMO...fitting he would be the one to take over for Jacob.

Far and away, my favorite thing from last night was FINALLY seeing that upptiy Widmore b*tch got her throat cut. MY GOD, what an annoying little weasel she was. Glad to see Widmore catch a few in the chest too - good riddance.

Where is Des though? How is he the failsafe exactly? And why would Ben stick with Locke, especially after he told him he would give him the island but later contradicts himself by admitting he is going to destroy it?  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 20, 2010, 11:32 AM »
IMO Desmond will either kill or trap Smokey somehow because of his immunity to E/M energy.  I wouldn't be shocked if Jack gets killed and Desmond becomes the island protector, either.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 20, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Hmmm, maybe they'll revisit the Frozen Donkey Wheel?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 20, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Wasn't the Donkey wheel the thing that Jacob's brother was building to get off the island? Did Jacob finish the project for his brother?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 21, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Wasn't the Donkey wheel the thing that Jacob's brother was building to get off the island? Did Jacob finish the project for his brother?

Yes, it's unclear who finished it though. If I recall, it was actually Esau (Man In Black) who advised John to turn the wheel a few seasons back, albeit disguised as Jack's Dad. You have to think at least Jacob knew about it...

I saw another ad last night for the finale that clearly showed the wheel being turned, so I'm thinking we'll see it again.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 23, 2010, 11:37 PM »
Liked the finale, but understand why some wouldn't . Goodbye Oceanic 815. You'll be missed....

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 24, 2010, 12:28 AM »
God damn it.  I don't ******* get it and that pisses me off.  They couldn't even give us a straight answer at the end?

LMK when it's okay to start asking questions without worrying about spoilers.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #652 on: May 24, 2010, 01:32 AM »
I thought they did a good job overall.  Was glad to see Vincent.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 24, 2010, 03:22 AM »
Hold on, then, we're seeing the finale coming Friday  ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 24, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Our local Cinema Grill had a live showing on the big screen last night.  Very cool to see it in a theater setting.  I liked the ending, though not exactly what I was hoping for.  I thought it was kind of sad the way things worked out, but wasn't expecting any bigger revelations than what we got.  There were some great funny parts towards the end as well.  I will definitely miss this show.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 24, 2010, 10:44 AM »
i have never watched a single episode of Lost - so I didn't watch last night.

I plan on watching the series, soon perhaps, as I have it all available to me to watch. 

Anyway - I am posting because I couldn't listen to my daily, before work fix of Bob & Tom.  They wouldn't stop talking about it.

Same thing will be said for 24 - except I have watched the whole series up until this season - I haven't seen a single episode yet this year - so I imagine I won't be able to listen to the radio tomorrow either...

and I am not reading anything in this thread (or the 24 thread), nor will I come back to see if anyone responds -  ;D

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 24, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Good ending.  It did make sense, even if we didn't have everything explained.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 24, 2010, 11:19 PM »
I read a re-cap of last night's finale and I can see where the flash sideways fits into the whole thing...if the blog writer's interpretation is accurate.  It made more sense to me at least, that what I was thinking.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 25, 2010, 08:49 AM »

Right around that sharp downward slope on season 3, where the bulk of people who abandoned the show left apparently, I stopped watching on a regular basis.

I did watch the finale though.  Just to make sure here, there is no solid proof-positive explanation of what we saw, right?  There is still some speculation as to whether....

SPOILER

they all died at the initial crash, or some of them actually made it off the island on the plane in the last episode?

I know there's no question that Jack didn't make it off.  I think.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 25, 2010, 09:58 AM »

SPOILER

they all died at the initial crash, or some of them actually made it off the island on the plane in the last episode?

If you pay attention to what Christian says at the end, there's isn't really a question.  Plus, Matthew Fox confirmed what happened later that night on Jimmy Kimmel Live.