Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Two
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2005, 10:12 PM »
That was disappointing - basically the same exact cliffhanger that they used last week.

So, we all waited the whole week and got very little new out of that episode.

But of course, the preview for next week looks good.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2005, 10:47 PM »
Well, we learned a little.  Any one else notice the shark had the same emblem tatooed on it as all the food under the bunker?  Obviously that guy's been down there years, thinking the world fell victim to some plague, but not long enough to justify all that ancient equipment, so somebody had been there prior, expecting a disaster.  There's bomb shelters like that all over the midwest, from back when we were sure the Russians were going to nuke us.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2005, 11:05 PM »
It was kind of wierd that they started the episode with Locke going down into the hole.  As far as I can tell, that's the first time they ever went back in time from a previous epsode, with the excepton of the flashbacks.

When they found Chen at the end of the episode and the others came out of the jungle I about jumped out of my seat!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2005, 12:24 AM »
His name is Jin, not Chen.

:-[

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2005, 01:09 AM »
That's some race around the world Desmond went on.  I wonder how he ended up on the island. 

I think those people that jacked Jin are from the tail section of the plane and not the Others.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2005, 08:27 AM »
There's bomb shelters like that all over the midwest, from back when we were sure the Russians were going to nuke us.

Wait, they're not?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2005, 09:03 AM »
Although a bit of time was spent as a bit of a "recap" in a way, we still learned some new things and I enjoyed the episode overall.  All the commercials said we would "know the fate of everyone on the island"...which I guess we do...sort of.  My wife and I agree, it is the type of show (at least for us) that you hate when its over because you're already looking forward to next week.  The same emblem on all of the food, his "uniform", and everything else is interesting too.  Curious to see what is up with Desmond, how/why he's there, etc.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2005, 09:10 AM »

Curious to see what is up with Desmond, how/why he's there, etc.

Same here.  And also curious about this set of numbers that Hurley won the lottery with that Desmond uses as some kind of computer code, and appeared on a part of the plane as some kind of serial numbers.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2005, 09:27 AM »

I think those people that jacked Jin are from the tail section of the plane and not the Others.

Looked to me like it WAS the Others who captured them, they got thrown into some pit or hole with some of the people from the tail - presumably also captives of the others.

One of the people who was chasing them looked like Michael Clark Duncan in a tribal get up.

And Jin wouldn't have been so scared of (and tied up by) people from the tail of the plane.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2005, 09:47 AM »
You guys are all missing the best part of the episode - Kate's boobie shots while crawling through the air ducts.  Good stuff.

Like I said after last year's finale, this show is so damn entertaining yet so frustrating.  Can't wait for next week.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2005, 10:04 AM »
You guys are all missing the best part of the episode - Kate's boobie shots while crawling through the air ducts.  Good stuff.

I didn't miss that - I thought about buying the season 2 DVD just for that reason.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2005, 10:05 AM »
That was disappointing - basically the same exact cliffhanger that they used last week.

So, we all waited the whole week and got very little new out of that episode.

My wife was cursing this up and down while I laughed at her. I thought it was a brilliant stroke, especially because it invoked that reaction.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2005, 11:22 AM »

Nope, definitely not missed.  I just didn't want to be the first freak to start talking about it.  I'm comfortable being the third freak.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2005, 01:19 PM »
I sort of wasn't paying attention but in last nights episode, when Mike was saying goodbye to the young Walt, was that a polar bear he pulled out of the bag?  Because, if so, that's the second time we've seen polar bears associated with Walt.  The first being in the comic book on the island.

And I also believe that the people that Jin ran into were the people from the tail section, not the Others.  I read a short article about it because of the actresses that's coming on the show...Michelle Rodriguez.  Supposedly the tail section people didn't get along as well as the rest of the survivors.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"