Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133794 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Two
« Reply #105 on: May 4, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Actually, the website doesn't really tell you much of anything. It's set up just like a "real" corporate website, for this Hanso Foundation. I'm sure there are clues there, but I'll someone else find them all and then just read about it on another website and make my own conclusions from there  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 4, 2006, 09:28 AM »
I wasn't sure they would go in the direction of Michael being "converted," but it does make sence. Great ending last night.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 4, 2006, 10:27 AM »
I had just gotten done thinking to myself 'what if Michael was turned or brainwashed somehow and was now a mole of some kind' and then I thought that since they hadn't done any little editing tricks to suggest it (like showing him looking at something longer than he should have or asking prying questions) that it didn't seem to be the case.

Yeah, I turned to my wife when they first brought Michael back to the hatch and said "what if they brainwashed him or something?" and also started to get the feeling that Ana Lucia was going to get shot when Michael was staring at the gun.  Still, a heck of an ending, and it left my wife and I looking at each other like "what?".  I agree, it looks like its going to be set up to look like Henry Gale shot them all and escaped.  I was wondering if Libby was actually gone or not too, since Hurley didn't seem to broken up in next week's preview.  We'll see I guess.  Great show, makes the week long wait tough though ;).

Also, here's a little Q and A with LOST's creators following last night's episode, courtesy of TVGuide.com.  It sounds like the DUI arrests had nothing to do with what happened to those characters last night, according to the creators anyways.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I checked out the web site this morning but I missed the commercials during the show last night.  There are some interesting things on the site and it does some odd things when you do things like submit a name for the newsletter or send the ape a greeting.

One thing I noticed on the page with the executives is that one guy is named Thomas Werner Mittelwerk.  Mittelwerk sounded familiar so I Googled it and Mittlewerk was a huge underground German factory in WWII where they made the V2 rockets. 

So then I Googled Werner and found that a guy by the name Werner Heisenberg was the founder of quantum mechanics and worked for the Germans during WWII on nuclear fission.

Which all may mean nothing...or something.  But anyway you slice it, this is a damn good show and you really never know just what's going to happen next.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 4, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Which all may mean nothing...or something.  But anyway you slice it, this is a damn good show and you really never know just what's going to happen next.

I'm starting to wonder if the creators do either.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 4, 2006, 04:53 PM »

I'm starting to wonder if the creators do either.

They swear up and down that they've had it all planned out from the beginning.  We'll see..........  How long did/do they expect the show to be sucessful?
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 5, 2006, 12:55 PM »
They swear up and down that they've had it all planned out from the beginning.  We'll see..........  How long did/do they expect the show to be sucessful?

It's definitely a high concept TV show.  I read an article that said they had the overall idea of the island and what it is already planned.  The basic goings on from week to week, though, they're making up as they go to a certain extent.  The same article said something to the effect that things got put in the script that seemed like the next step. 

In other words, they're just making **** up as they go.  I can see this show being popular for another season easily but we need to start getting some answers to things instead of just more and more clues that don't add up.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 5, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Any one call the 1-877-HANSORG number? I just gave it a ring and played their little automated hell game, and got some interesting info.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Looking forward to tonight's episode!

Last week with the Question and the Pearl was cool... I'm glad that Eko got a bit more time, he's definitely an interesting guy.

Makes me wonder if they will "find" a few other survivors on the island next season because they seem to be burning through the female cast members (Shannon, Anna, Libby).   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2006, 09:19 PM »
As soon as the "Others" hit Michael in with the rock I thought -- he's setting everyone up.  I knew he was setting them up to get the guns and go after Walt.  But I bet Michael made a deal with the Others to bring all the guns in trade for Walt.........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2006, 10:10 PM »
Woah. I can not wait till next week.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2006, 09:15 AM »
Last night's episode could not have gone any quicker. Every moment was engaging and I just kept wanting more information. Can't wait for next week.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Can anyone make out the password that Persephone gives you on the telephone?  I can't make it out to put it into the website.

*EDIT: Found it: breaking strain.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:38 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2006, 02:20 AM »
 ???

Pretty much sums up my thoughts right now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2006, 09:12 AM »
What else would you expect? ;)

I loved it. Then again, I always love it when you can't wait until the next season to find out who lives, who dies etc...