Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133831 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: LOST
« Reply #555 on: February 19, 2009, 02:35 PM »
Really?  I thought it was one fantastic episode.  The hour felt like 20 minutes.  And like typical Lost fashion, it answered questions and then throws some more at you.  Why did Hurley and Sayid decide to go back and why was Sayid in handcuffs?  What happened to Aaron?  Who beat the **** out of Ben?

Plus it brought the humor - two classics from Ben "Who cares" and "My mother" and Lapides stating "I take it we're not going to Guam".  Not overly funny by themselves, but the deliveries made them great. 

This show is firing on all cylinders right now and I look forward to a new episode every week. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 19, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Really?  I thought it was one fantastic episode.  The hour felt like 20 minutes.  And like typical Lost fashion, it answered questions and then throws some more at you.  Why did Hurley and Sayid decide to go back and why was Sayid in handcuffs?  What happened to Aaron?  Who beat the **** out of Ben?

Plus it brought the humor - two classics from Ben "Who cares" and "My mother" and Lapides stating "I take it we're not going to Guam".  Not overly funny by themselves, but the deliveries made them great. 

This show is firing on all cylinders right now and I look forward to a new episode every week. 

I agree, I loved the episode as well.  Definitely looking forward to next week's as well.  I liked the moments you highlighted there too Mikey, good stuff.  When Lapides came over the intercom in the plane, it was sort of an "aw cool" moment as well.  It will be interesting to see where the rest of the passengers ended up, since we've just seen Jack/Kate/Hurley so far.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Who was the extra asian dude on the plane?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Who was the extra asian dude on the plane?

No idea.  Love this show - I have so many more questions than before.  Why did the others decided to get on the plane and why are they pretty unhappy about it?  What happened with Aaron? Did Ben kill Penny?  Why is Sun working for Dharma int he past?  Why was Dharma looking for an island if no one had been there before?The only bad thing about last night's episode was no Faraday.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Nice to see Frank back, i wasn't expecting that.

Really? As soon as they said they had to fly back, I thought it was pretty obvious that Frank was going to be the pilot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #560 on: February 24, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Nice to see Frank back, i wasn't expecting that.

Really? As soon as they said they had to fly back, I thought it was pretty obvious that Frank was going to be the pilot.

I just wasn't thinking of him...kind of left my mind.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2009, 12:40 AM »
So.  It looks like Sun, Frank, Locke, Ben and the plane crashed on the Island in the "present".

Jack, Kate and Hurley are trapped in the 70's at the height of the Dharma initiative with Jinn, Faraday and the rest of the ones who stayed on the Island.

I now have no clue whose the good guy or the bad guy between Ben and Widmore...they probably are both evil.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2009, 08:17 AM »
Much better than last week, like i was expecting. Part of me thinks widmore is the good guy but i think it all comes down to point of view. I called the Ben Locke incident, wont be specific if anyone has not watched yet.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 27, 2009, 02:21 PM »
I think Ben is my favorite character, hands down.  I like to think he's benevolent, but I just don't know!  The Locke incident throws a new spin on it, but it could still be with him knowing the eventual outcome (John being ok).  Did he decide to do that because he heard Faraday's mom's name?  It seems like that's what prompted him to action.  By the way, the actress who plays Faraday's mom was Mace and Cindel's mom in Ewoks: Caravan of Courage.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #564 on: February 27, 2009, 03:07 PM »
Hearing her name really did seem to set him off. Maybe he thought he was the only one with knowledge about her...not sure. As he was leaving his apology did seem sincere as if he really didn't want to do it.

He is a great character and Emerson plays him great. He is probably my second favorite character to Desmond.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 27, 2009, 10:09 PM »
So.  It looks like Sun, Frank, Locke, Ben and the plane crashed on the Island in the "present".

I'm personally having a tough time remembering "when" everyone is, but why do assume that the plane crashed in the present versus the past?  Ben's crew doesn't seem to have run into anyone yet, have they?

I have a question about the boats that are on the beach.  Sawyer's team finds them on the beach in the ruins of their camp, right?  Ben's team seems to have also found them, but he's on the other island, right?  Any theories on where these came from or who is using them?  Since "things" seems to move through time with the castaways, I wonder if Ben's team is in the past with Jack's group, but takes the boats to the other island when the island moves through time.  That would move the boats into the future where Sawyer found them.  Also, I didn't get a good look at them, but is this the same type of boat that Alex gives to Kate & Sawyer when they're escaping from the others?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2009, 12:06 AM »

I'm personally having a tough time remembering "when" everyone is, but why do assume that the plane crashed in the present versus the past?  Ben's crew doesn't seem to have run into anyone yet, have they?

Just playing a hunch.  Jack, Kate and Hurley disappeared from the plane before the crash which leads me to believe that they're in another time.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 1, 2009, 02:54 AM »

Just playing a hunch.  Jack, Kate and Hurley disappeared from the plane before the crash which leads me to believe that they're in another time.

Not to mention the hispanic and span Dharma Van, and neatly pressed uniform.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #568 on: March 28, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Anyone else think Lost kind of sucked the last 2 weeks?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 28, 2009, 12:03 PM »
No. I like the Dhrama plot and the young Ben. He looks like Harry Potter. So I guess we have a huge paradox with young Ben getting shot. Of course, Ben has been shot before.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours