Author Topic: Unedited 3.5 Hour Film on Ebay  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Unedited 3.5 Hour Film on Ebay
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:51 AM »
I noticed this on ebay.  I have seen the leaked copies and this one is news to me.  Is this real?  Not that I would ever pay this type of price, I still am curious what is actually on this cut.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6400177941&rd=1

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Unedited 3.5 Hour Film on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Hmmm...

You are bidding on what I assume is the original UNCUT, unedited version of Star Wars 3. I bought this at a flea market 3 weeks ago thinking it was probably fake, however, it is the original 3hr and 20 minute version of Star wars 3 before they started the editing process. Since I have seen the theatrical version, this version is over 1 hr longer and much more detailed and, I assume, is what George Lucas had in mind for us viewers before the edits.

Origination Disclaimer: I have no idea where or how this unedited version originated, it is neither trademarked or marked copywritten nor does it have end credits, it appears to have been strung together by someone at the editing company and comes complete with editing markers.

So this seller assumes it maybe real. Well lets check this out...

Questions from other members:

Q: Hi, are you willing to do a buy it now and how much? Thanks, Tim

A: Tim, I have just posted some in my ebay store since ebay is probably going to cancel my auction tomorrow, so I've heard from other ebayers.

Q: How much is shipping? and how much is your reserve? What schnes are different and included...? what you're describing sounds like what is onthe net.

A: shipping is free, there is an hour of extra footage the xtra scenes are many and filtered all the way through there is no way to pin which ones are extra. I am not sure what is available on the internet. Re reserve, that takes all the fun out of bidding Thanks!

So you say that you seen the theatrical version but there is no way to pin which ones are extra. Right!

So lets go to his eBay store and what do I find:

Star Wars 3 -Revenge of the Sith RARE

Quantity: 295 available. Bin: US $59.95, yet the other auction is at US $200.00. 

And while I was looking at his auctions, guess what happened...

First auction:

Invalid Item
This listing (6400177941) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

Second auction:

Invalid Item
This listing (6400192712) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Unedited 3.5 Hour Film on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Thats what I thought.  I have a couple of different copies now and they are all the same as the Theater version. So I thought it was bogus.