Author Topic: The United: The Politic of Conquest and Rebellion I (Now Up!)  (Read 9121 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
*NOTE: I really didn't like how this one turned out...maybe its the camera or something else, but to me atleast this installment feels a little off. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

THE UNITED: THE POLITIC OF CONQUEST AND REBELLION I

(In the Senate the Emperor speaks as a victim)
“Dear senators of the Galactic Empire, it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that our recent actions to quell the barbarian risings in the Outer Rim has failed.”

(Yet across the Galaxy...)
“As seen yesterday, the enemies of freedom will stop at nothing to overthrow this August Body and its elected head. Our Intelligence has shown us evidence that the star systems of Kobarra, Temmoragenn, Palto, and Utanian Prime have allied themselves with Confederate fugitives,"

(The Emperor leads insurgencies)
"who have hijacked the sovereign governments…” Bail Organa had heard enough from the bastard king.

More scheming? Bail mused with marked distaste.“Mon, do you hear me?” Bail whispered into his communicator.

“I read you loud and clear Bail, what is it?” His wrist replied, faltering slightly at first, then shooting back up to a normal stately octave.
“We can’t let The Emperor get away with this, we must motion for an investigation.”
“Careful Bail, the air is always audible with the sounds of love birds in spring.”

(Tortures opposition...)
 Bail of course understood what she had meant. Communications taps  had been a very public secret since the outbreak of the Clone Wars.
“In this case, I don’t think it matters.” He said as he cut off the communicator.

(Sells the captured into slavery...)
As the pod representative of Alderaan pulled out into the center of the great chamber, The Emperor stopped his speech. “Is there something you’d like to add to this, Senator Organa? Were you not front and center for carnage yesterday at the memorial?”

(and leads campaigns to Unite the Galaxy)
“I was.” Bail replied his face resolute and his voice dutiful. “However, I do not agree with your call to launch this campaign based on unsubstantiated charges. There must be a team of investigators sent to Kobarra to investigate!” The Senate Chamber filled with chatter.
“Senator Organa, you are a cherished friend and supporter. Sadly we do not have the resources available to launch such an investigation at this time…”

“But we have enough to wage war?” The Senate Chamber filled with the shouts of pundits and the screams of silent senators.
“Order, we shall have order!” Mas Amedda said, banging his staff to the podium floor.
“Take a seat, Senator Organa.” The Emperor spit, and were it not for a slight spray, the description would have remained metaphorical.

“This issue is not up for any further debate; effective immediately I am authorizing the use of force by the Gubernatorial Authority in the region. Should the need arise, I will authorize force against the aggressors care of the Imperial Navy, Congress adjourned.”

(But he has not won yet...)
Bails steps fell hard on the floor of the Atrium of the Senate Building. He was obviously frustrated at the result of the special congressional session today.
The Atrium was typically smattered with Senators. However, one of them down at the end of the hall caught his eye. Ugh. Not today…He thought, ignoring the senators attempt to wave him down.

“I take it you have not read the report then, Senator Organa?” Toyed the man.
“Not now Reigen, if you can’t tell, I’m slightly busy…”
“Oh don’t worry; I think even Ol’Palpys Clone lackeys can even see that!” Reigen continued to taunt Bail. It was typical of him to do so with friends.
“Anyway, about your proposed investigation…I have some family Kobarra,” He continued. “Why not let me see what I can do, try to get some idea for all this nonsense?”

“Thanks Tommond that would be a great help to us.”

“Us?” Reigen asked, a smirk on his face. He wouldn’t get an answer though; Organa had already hurried along towards the hangar bays. Riegen knew where Organa was going to too. Hangar Bay 113, Concourse AB, Deck 02. He really wasn’t one to forget much of anything, so its not surprising he’d remember the location of Bail’s ship…despite the sustained lapping of the waves of time against the sands of life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the release of The United: The Sacrifice the Bearer Beared, and the completion of the script for the second installment I've decided to go ahead and announce that the second installment is almost ready to be photographed...I just need to find/make a Galactic Senate enviorment.

This next installment takes place one day after the events of SBB, and sets up some major players in the story. So stay tuned!

Sneak Preview...

This man is insane, he thought once again. Will he stop at nothing until the entire Galaxy is destroyed? It was then that Bail realized that he was forgetting of who he spoke. Despite the course of destiny over the past year, Bail still occasionally thought of Palpatine as the kindly and warm chancellor whom he had befriended years ago.
“Mon, do you hear me?” Bail whispered into his communicator.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 01:03 PM by -Vator- »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The United: The Politic of Conquest and Rebellion I
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Cool, can't wait for another installment!

And not to be nitpicky - but Sacrafice is spelled "Sacrifice" instead.   ;)

I can't wait to see some battles... and are you going to make any customs/fan fic characters?

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 11:58 AM »
You're right, allow me to fix that.

Actually yes, they'll be revealed in the upcoming chapters.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 12:00 PM by Vator »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 03:22 PM »
excitement, adventure, a jedi craves not these things.

good thing i'm not jedi.

I can't wait to see what mor is in store for us.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 6, 2005, 07:42 PM »
Yowzers! Creating the Galactic Senate is hard work! As is creating Kobarra.

Expect more updates as they come available!

Name dropping: Senator Reigen

Boredom teaser:
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 09:12 PM by -Vator- »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 12:36 AM »
Yeck...lots of work still to be done. I may just down scale this particular chapter to get it moving along.

Anyway, my sister is using...and has been using Photoshop for all eternity...so I made a cheap background in MS Paint. This is the walkway to Senator Reigens transport where Bail and Reigen discuss recent events in the Senate.

I might remake this in Photoshop later on if I decide that it looks really bad with the figs.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 12:36 AM by -Vator- »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 12:53 AM »
I think that loosk great. So when do you think it will be done anyway?  :D

Just wait for republic friends to come out. It will be the first all Digital photo story
(and will look extra craptacular)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 01:22 AM »
Looking foward to it!

Heh, I'm hoping soon. I want to atleast be to the 4th installment by August. You know, 3 done by the start of Marching Band...since that'll be a time consuming bitch.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I just need to find/make a Galactic Senate enviorment.

Hey, I never got a chance to reply to the first chapter, but I thought it was terrific!  You really put the "novel" back in photonovel!!!

As fo the Senate...a couple of years ago,  I started a photonovel which never made it past the first scene, but some of it took place in the Senate.

(the story of this one was that it takes place concurrently with ANH and details the "dissolving" of the Senate and Mon Mothma's escape from arrest on Coruscant.)

I just very crudely photoshopped some action figures into stills of the Senate I found on-line.

Though my photoshopping skills have vastly improved since then, I think th results aren't too bad....

You can see the results here if you'd like:

http://www.angelfire.com/comics/lancequazar/Lockdown.html
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Lance!  You're ALIVE!!!   ;D

I remember that photonovel of yours, it's freaking cool!

As for this one, I agree - it really is a good piece of work so far, I can not wait to see the final result.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 06:23 PM »
Thanks guys!

Lance, your photonovels rule in general and the photoshopping there is pretty good...better than what I currently acomplish.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 03:20 AM »
First completed shot from Politic...Bail approaches the podium as Palpatine levels charges against the Kobarran Rebels.

Edit: Forgot to add the picture.  ::)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:21 AM by -Vator- »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I can't tell exactly what that picture is supposed to be... I know it's the Senate of course, but on the left is it supposed to be some sort of holo-image?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Ha, I had trouble with that picture too. I'll let Vator tell you what it is though, as I don't know if it spoils the story or not...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Its a recording from the HoloNET of the riots on Kobarra. This will be explained in the dialouge...and I've got the definate outline for 6 more Photonovels after this one, and then basic outlines for 6 more. As soon as I get my DigiCam back, we should be able to get the ball rolling!