Author Topic: VOTC Returns in 2006!  (Read 29623 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC and OTC Returns in 2006!
« Reply #90 on: November 1, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Here is what I am hoping to see from VOTC 2:

ANH
X-wing Luke
Greedo
Tusken Raider
either a Jawa or Death Squad Commander

ESB
Bespin Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Hoth Stormie

ESB
Endor Han
Biker Scout
Endor Leia
Jedi Luke or Endor Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 1, 2005, 09:01 PM »
Well I like the idea and am glad they are continuing.  If nothing else I get some nice cardbacks without spending a small fortune for the vintage cardbacks.  Hopefully the figures themselve will rock and there will be no C-3PO type duds.  For some reason I am really excited for the Tusken Raider.  But yeah a Luke Bespin would be nice. 

Hmmmmm, Lucas as a stormtrooper is interesting.  Of course it sounds like maybe we'll have to destroy the cardbacks to get the mail in. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 1, 2005, 09:47 PM »
The VOTC can die after I get my SA Qui Gon Jinn  ;D. On these Im really looking forward to the Biker Scout. My favorite trooper from the OT. The Tusken Raider sounds good too. Will be good to have an extra so I can make a proper SA Shared Hett.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: November 2, 2005, 12:26 AM »
The whole set sounds potentially great to me short of Greedo.  I really didn't need VOTC Greedo and really think the Death Squad Trooper was a much better choice.

Anyways, Han and Scout are bound to be fantastic figures and I hope they're everything we could possibly want.  I think the Scout will be short-changed if he doesn't have the AT-TE Gunner ball/socket hips though for riding on the bikes.  Short of that though I don't see how they can screw that figure up given the formula they have to work with.

Luke and the Tusken Raider sound great...  Luke's needed a resculpt for certain and the Tusken Raider is a figure that could be a great army builder to only show-up the current Tuskens.

OK, now that said......

Yes, they can give us SA and all this "ultimate" quality for $5-$6 that we've been paying for the regular line, and it's total bull**** that they're charging $4 - $5 for essentially flashy packaging.  I like the VOTC packaging a lot, it's purdy and all, and given the price I'm even inclined to keep the packaging as wall decoration or a backdrop to the figures or some such, but given my choice of "$10 figures in fancy packaging", or "The same figure in normal packaging", I think it's obvious I'd be with the rest of you in taking $5 figures in cheap packaging.

To me, the packaging is just Hasbro's way of milking fans for extra...  Nothing more, nothing less, and unfortunately it seems like we aren't apt to get much more out of them.  They know we want that level of quality and the price just bites for us I guess because they're not going to be too giving with those kinds of figures in the basic line.  They should be, especially with all these repacks, but they're bound not to be.

I'm happy to see this kind of articulation on figures...  I'd much prefer Hasbro re-using THESE sculpts down the line on basic cards at basic prices though.  I mean, the VOTC Stormie should have been re-released as one of the first Saga figures and so far he's not showing on any rumor lists as making a comeback.  That's just plain stupid...  One can hold out hope (I certainly do) that these figures get re-used for cheaper at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 2, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I'm just excited to get more VOTC. The X-wing Luke is going to be great customising fodder for upgrading older pilots and the Scout trooper is going to set me back a few bucks in army building. Good choices.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #95 on: November 2, 2005, 04:42 AM »
I only hope they re-use these molds somewhere (it's a bit silly not to if you ask me) and I agree, charging an extra $4-5 is nonsense when I just bought an Obi Wan Pilot for $4.31.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 2, 2005, 02:11 PM »
This is great news.  Put me down for 25 or 50 of those Scout Troopers.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 2, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Even though there will most likely be a $10 pricetag, I'll get the Scout Trooper. The Scouts definitly my most wanted figure from Saga2.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Yodasnews:

"You also may have heard rumors that the old VOTC line is making a comeback and some reports of a mail away figure.  In a way,  VOTC is coming back but,  it wont be called VOTC, it will be called The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection. The line will kick off in 2006 and as of right now, it  will include 5 figures.

This new line will also have a mail away offer for a George Lucas Stormtrooper figure when you send in 5 coupons that you will have to cut from the back of the cards from The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection  line  (So it looks like MOC collectors will be picking up 2 sets of these). Of course,  this is still subject to change but it is latest we have heard.  Check back for more info, we will let you know as soon as we get it!  It sounds like Hasbro is going to make it another great year for collectors in 2006!"

That is quite the contrast from what RS reported last week.

"V. O. T. C. Individually the four letters have no power at all, but when arranged in this specific order, those four little letters have the power to make grown men weep. For wave two of the VOTC line, expect to be treated to the best sculpt and articulation your money can buy. This year Hasbro is offering us five new figures:

STAR WARS

We will be seeing three new Super Articulated figures on Star Wars cards. Expect to see Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) to come with a removable helmet and the Sand People figure to sport stylish soft goods robes. Greedo will feature all the bells and whistles you’d expect on a VOTC figure, but don’t expect anything extra cool.

Return Of The Jedi

While it is a bit of an assumption, it would be worth counting on the Han Solo (In Trench Coat) figure to include a soft goods trench coat. The Biker Scout is simply cool enough in its own right, so who could ask for anything more that the Super Articulated treatment. Wanting more would be like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

What? No The Empire Strikes Back figures???

At this point there is no word on any TESB or POTF carded figures in the line, but that doesn’t mean we won’t see them later on. We will be seeing our first send away figure though. Remember the George Lucas figure mentioned previously? Word on the street is it could be offered as a mail in figure through the VOTC line. It would require five VOTCproof of purchases, and we might find the offer printed or stickered on the cards. Sadly, we also hear that the Lucas figure will once again be playing 501st and forgoing his standard flannel armour in favour of Stormtrooper armour. Maybe if we pretend we didn't hear that it'll go away..."

OK, so there's a similarity with the Lucas in Stormtrooper armor, but that's about it.

Who knows which report we should take seriously?   ???
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 02:00 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2005, 02:15 AM »
"I can guess with the best of them..."

-Lewis Black
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2005, 10:10 AM »
I saw that YodasNews report earlier this morning as well, interesting to say the least.  Not much new there (still 5 figures...so far, mail away Lucas, etc.), aside from the name "The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection".  Interesting name.  I'm hoping we can get some solid information (or even better, pics) of what this line may hold.  Although I'm not crazy about a likely $10 pricepoint for figures again, I'm definitely looking forward to the possible SA versions of the Scout Trooper, Endor Han, X-Wing Luke, etc.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2005, 10:44 AM »
"The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection"

I don't like the sound of that one bit...  that sounds WAY too close to "Treasure Hunt" to me.  I know it's just a stupid rumor report at the moment, but I'm already starting to worry "what if" around a name that involves the word "hunt".     :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I personally don't care what they call it, as long as the product is top notch.

And I love mailaway figures, I just wish George would give them the go-ahead to do a flannel shirt version of himself.

A stormie with a GL head just doesn't make sense...Jorg Sacul made sense because all of the X-Wing pilots are different (not clones).

Stormtroopers all look the same.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2005, 10:57 AM »
A stormie with a GL head just doesn't make sense...

Stormtroopers all look the same.

Maybe this is George's way of finally telling us who the empire used for the new Clone Template for Episodes 4, 5, 6?  Maybe under the helmet of all the OT Stormies was George's face?   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2005, 11:13 AM »
"The Ultimate Bounty Hunt Collection"

I don't like the sound of that one bit...  that sounds WAY too close to "Treasure Hunt" to me.  I know it's just a stupid rumor report at the moment, but I'm already starting to worry "what if" around a name that involves the word "hunt".     :-\

They should call them "Premier Edition, "Star Wars Elite" or "Star Wars Select" . The name they chose screams "exclusivity", "chase" & "scalpers wet-dream"
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird