Author Topic: Vroom! Jedidefender NASCAR thread  (Read 31935 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Vroom! Jedidefender NASCAR thread
« on: July 14, 2003, 12:50 PM »
I didn't know if anyone liked NASCAR or not but if you want to discuss it this is the thread for you.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Vroom! Jedidefender NASCAR thread
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 01:01 PM »
Just look at my avatar.

I've been to three races, all at Loudon in New Hampshire (not going next week)  Its definitely different live and in person.  And its an all day event, we're usually up at the speedway by 7 am for a 1 pm race.  The tailgating at a Nascar event rivals football (which I love too)

And you got to love a sport that lets you bring a cooler of beer into the venue with you ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 01:22 PM »
I am a big fan. I watch both Nascar and Busch series, I do try to go to atleast one race a year. but being in WI that usually involves alot of travel. I do go the the Busch race in Mil. and try to hit Chicago. Althhough I missed yesterdays race.

I also goto a few NHRA events.

I love racing as much as football. I am out of racing myself now,for the moment but I ran a drag car for 6 years. I hope to get back into it again soon,

Back to nascar.

Dale jr.
 Harvick
and local boy Matt Kenseth are the ones I watch
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 02:26 PM »
I am not a huge fan but do catch or follow what happened each race day.  They had some nice wrecks yesterday in Chicago/Joliet - Troicana 400.  So tell me.  Why does everyone seem to hate Jeff Gordon?  Just wondering because he seems to be the Jar Jar Binks of Nascar.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 02:40 PM »
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I live about 20 minutes away from the Joliet Speedway.  There were tons of semi trailers pulling their NASCAR race cars in the area.  My brother went this weekend and had a blast there.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 02:47 PM »
well chris I will have to look you upone of these times I get down to the speedway.

As for Gordon being Jar Jar I can't speak for anyone else but I will go with that analogy. :)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2003, 02:48 PM »
I've got you all beat, lol.

I live in Mooresville, NC. I hear engines being tested day in and day out. My apartment is approx 2 miles away from the (race) shops of Robbie Gordon, Bobby LaBonte, Ryan Newman, and a few others.

My Uncle and father both were friends with Dale Sr. back when he was racing for Wrangler.

What else. NASCAR technical institute is right up the road from me. Dale Jr. is building a new house approx 1 minute from my Aunt's house (Intersection of Mazeppa Rd and Statesville Hwy if you're ever in Mooresville)

Umm..I pass DEI Museum + Race shop ever time I go to my favorite junkyard, which is twice weekly. Jr's. house is kitty corner to DEI. It sits back from the highway, and his red Chevy truck is almost always parked outside, sometimes his Impala sits out there as well. It's kind of exciting to see that his garage door is open, thinking he is prolly there.

Hank Parker, Jr. debuted his new car at Dicks Sporting Goods the other day. He's racing for Jr.s new team called "Chance 2" Racing. That Dicks is about 5 minutes away from me. I missed Hank but saw the car.

Yep, I am immersed in NASCAR living where I am.

I forgot to mention, my parents live on Lake Norman..they have this neighbor..about 2 houses away..ahh..drives for Lowes..Number 48..

Anyone ever heard of Jimmie Johnson?  8) ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 02:53 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2003, 03:08 PM »
Well Cory thats pretty cool, want a house guest for a week ;)  

and when your crusing the junkyards down there look for a pair of rustfree fenders for a 70-72 buick GS or skylark. I am serious. If you find me any at a good price I would really be interested.

Offline E.Z.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Montreal, Quebec
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 11:02 PM »
Man you guys are lucky.

We get F1 and Cart in Montreal, but what I would do to see a Nascar race. What makes Nascar so much more entertaining than the F1 and Cart is the sheer amount of vehicles... 43!

Usually 20 minutes into a F1 or Cart race there's 10-16 cars left and that's on a giant track to boot where their all spread out. Even after a spectacular crash in Nascar you still have over 30 cars going bumper to bumper in the field.

Needless to say I am hoping Nascar breaks tradition and comes to Montreal one day. We have a great track (even though it's not an oval), knowledable racing fans, and way over 100,000 people will turn out as they do for both other races.
Shawn

Offline Junior

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 02:46 AM »
Hello,
I am a huge fan of NASCAR!!!

I am a DEI Fan, mainly Dale Jr ( and before anyone says it my name really is Junior actually Andy Junior, but I have always been called Junior ever since I was little) so NO I'm not copying Dale Jr.

I have been to every race at Texas Motor speedway since the first 1 in 1997, now even driving from Maryland each year just to see it, cause seeing a race live in person doesnt even compare to watching it on TV. My favorite track though is Charlotte ( still dont call it Lowes!). Its just something about being in the heart of NASCAR country that makes it more fun!

I'm hoping to be moving to Mooresville soon to work for Roger Staubach & Troy Aikmans new team Hall of Fame Racing which I'm very excited about!!!

I collect NASCAR diecast and Star Wars figures so at least when I go hunting I can waste my gas looking for more than just 1 thing, all though today was a great day finding wave 11 & 13 hanging on Target's pegs. Happy Happy

Anyone else collect NASCAR cars?
Junior
Junior

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2003, 01:42 PM »
To me, NASCAR sucks, but I'll bump this in hopes that the college football thread doesn't get derailed any more than it already is. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 9, 2003, 04:40 PM »
You and me can hang out in the parking lot and keep drinking Matt.  

I'm not much for NASCAR.  No idea why.  Served dinner to Dale Sr. back in around 1987 when he was in the restaurant I worked at.  Classy guy all the way.  Yes, I did get his autograph, but gave it away a couple of days later to a NASCAR nut I worked with.  Had to make him sweat for a couple of days.  

I love cars (Wayne, have you found me my '67 Camaro yet?) but just can't get into the racing.  But NASCAR fan is a marketing demographic, so there must be a bunch of y'all.  Anyone collecting the McFarlane NASCAR figures?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Fettish Sez Thanks

« Reply #12 on: December 9, 2003, 05:47 PM »
I saw the Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart figures at, of course, Wal Mart. They get eaten up pretty fast, considering the NASCAR shops are approx. 1/2 a mile away from this particular Wal Mart.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 10:39 PM »
I'm not a Nascar fan, but on an interesting note, I did win a Dale Jr. wallet today from one of those crane claw games at Wal*Mart.

I also won a Tony Steward Home Depot Car notepad from that machine for my grandpa, who works at home depot on weekends and bleeds orange. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Star Wars Wins Talladega!
« Reply #14 on: May 1, 2005, 05:46 PM »
Jeff Gordon just won the race at Talladega in his Star Wars Themed car!

I'm not a huge fan of JG, but I thught it was cool that he won in this car.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2005, 05:48 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.