Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52959 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Clone Wars 3D
« on: June 1, 2005, 09:41 AM »
So, we already know most of the Clone Wars stories from the first parts of the Cartoon.  Do you think this new show will try and flesh out some of the stories in between the end of Attack of the Clones and the capture of Palpatine at the end of Clone Wars?

Seems like a silly idea to me as the bulk of the story has already been told....but the cartoon was so well done I wouldn't mind seeing what they have in store
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:26 AM by Scott »

SilverZ

Re: Clone Wars 2006
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2005, 02:08 AM »
I'd like them to hit rewind and just start right after the Battle of Geonosis, like you say. Different fronts, different planets, and not entirely Anakin/Obi-centered, just like the previous ones. It's the perfect opportunity to make Jedi like Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak-Ti, and others into full-fledged characters along with their named Clone Commanders. It would make their final moments in ROTS all the better.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2005, 02:37 PM »
And we could see Bly and Aayla! ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2005, 04:47 PM »
What I'm wondering is: will the 3D animation be cartoonish style, or will they go the Final Fantasy route and try to do photorealistic humans? I hope it's the former.

I, too, hope they focus on others besides Obi and Ani, since their exploits are already well-documented.

We know that the creators of the upcoming series are reading the existing Clone Wars books, comics, and other materials. (This is a good sign, for the third season outright contradicted a number of books and comics. In terms of EU continuity it was a total trainwreck; there's really no nicer way to put it.)
« Last Edit: June 2, 2005, 04:48 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Does Anyone have any info. on the new 3D Clone Wars cartoon. For example
The Date  for the First Day on the Air?
The Channel?
How long is each Episode?
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 09:08 PM »
There's really no concrete info yet.  I believe that clips will be shown at Celebration 4 and that they will anounce the schedule and station at that time.  However, I don't think it will hit before November 2007.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2007, 04:16 PM »
nothing.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I wonder if anyone beside Anthony will come back to do voices.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 03:11 PM »
I was listening to a podcast this afternoon (SW Action News), and they mentioned that they had it confirmed to them that the Yoda pic shown in this pic (advertising the animated series in 2008) is actually a shot from the animation - so we have some idea of what it might look like.  Kind of cool:

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 06:25 PM »
gotta say i was really hoping that wasn't a sneak peak at the cartoon, but the fett helmet for the tv show is great news!

hey maybe we'll get to see concord dawn and Sintas & Ailyn Vel (well atleast as a baby)....

either way the cartoon & indy IV sound like dung

and the live action will probably be awesome. hell maybe it'll even legitimize the work of all the various EU authors whose work is widely disregarded, while the majority of the fan-base flocks to the clone wars cartoons forgetting that there EU as well lol

always loved that massive hypocrisy....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 03:36 AM »
I didn't think the cartoon sounded bad myself...  I was hoping they were going with the same creative teams for it, that's my huge disappointment, but I think that Yoda looks kind of slick myself.

Fett's helmet is intriguing...  Will we be seeing why he's kind of desintegrations? :)

I have high hopes for both...  The Young Indy show wasn't bad, and had great production values.  I think with modern effects capabilities that the live action show has a possibly VERY bright future. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I LOVE that Yoda design.  Very, very unique and stylized.  If the show looks that good all over, I'm really looking forward to it.  I hope it really just looks like the CW Cartoon in three dimensions.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 03:39 PM »
 ;DYes! the banner looks really promising.I love the clone wars cartoon.Just not long enough :(
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 06:22 PM »
I'm excited about the animation release.  Nice depiction of Yoda on the poster.  I really liked the CW volumes.  I would have liked them more probably if they were longer. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Sounds like Lucas was talking about both the Animated Series and Live Action version this past weekend, you can get some info HERE and HERE.  From what I gather from this info, there is going to be 100 episodes produced of the animated series - and they are still looking for a network/venue to air them.  I thought originally the "100 episode" thing had been said regarding the live action series, so maybe someone is mixed up - or maybe it applies to both.  He also says the live action series is "years away", and that there might actually be another animated series going by the time the live action one comes around.  As someone who really enjoyed the initial Clone Wars "shorts", I'm really looking forward to the new animated series.  If there does happen to be another animated series after that, I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle the OT a little bit - if it is done well.