Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52969 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2008, 11:25 AM »
Nice surprise with a new trailer yesterday.  Like Jeff mentioned, I get a little more excited each time I see more from this movie/series.  Its definitely opening up new options for characters/vehicles (that squid-y thing is pretty spiffy - and I hope this leads to a 3 3/4" Sail Barge at some point), which could be cool (lack of space aside).  Admittedly its only a couple of trailers (which usually look cool), but so far this looks like it could be pretty good.  I could see the same type of comments that came about with the original animated series: "this is what they should have done with the prequels".  I could see more focus on the Anakin/Obi-Wan friendship, lots more clones/battles/action, and time to develop supporting characters as well.  I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2008, 12:44 PM »
The trailer was very cool.  Especially realizing that Christopher Lee is voicing Count Dooku.  A very nice surprise there.

The action was awesome.  That squid ship that takes out the Sail Barge must be ENORMOUS!  Can't wait for August to roll around so that I can see this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30 PM »
I was just watching the trailer again (still looks great), and although it is unlikely, Obi-Wan's one line in there really sounds like Ewan McGregor to me.  Who knows, with some of the other cast returning (at least for the theatrical run), but if it isn't - it sure is a good sound-alike.

Again, this really looks pretty nifty.  I think Lucasfilm (and Hasbro) could have a real winner here with a weekly series.  Hopefully it turns out as good as it looks so far, because it would be really cool to have a weekly dose of "new" Star Wars to look forward to.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Super Battledroid picks up a Clone with his left hand, guns him through the gut with his right, and tosses his body out of the way...

That's awesomely violent stuff right there.  The cartoon looks stellar.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I was just watching the trailer again (still looks great), and although it is unlikely, Obi-Wan's one line in there really sounds like Ewan McGregor to me.  Who knows, with some of the other cast returning (at least for the theatrical run), but if it isn't - it sure is a good sound-alike.

Again, this really looks pretty nifty.  I think Lucasfilm (and Hasbro) could have a real winner here with a weekly series.  Hopefully it turns out as good as it looks so far, because it would be really cool to have a weekly dose of "new" Star Wars to look forward to.

They may have used the guy who voices Obi-Wan in the Battlefront II game...he sounds very convincing.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I may be out of the loop on this, but...

What are the odds CW-3D will be in IMAX anywhere?  My nearby theater has an IMAX screen (it's a new place) and the more I see of this, the more I drool at the thought of it being in IMAX...

Any mention of that anywhere that I missed?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2008, 02:08 AM »
Haven't seen anything about it being IMAX Jesse.  We have an IMAX screen here in the Springs...my wife and I saw I Am Legend on it and will see The Dark Knight on it as well.

It would be cool to see Clone Wars on it as well...but I'm sure it will at least be digital.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2008, 04:23 PM »

Offline Jedi_Scum

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 5, 2008, 02:00 PM »
Guys, some of the latest Clone Wars Video Downloads!
Here

Just Uploaded them, thought I'd share it out even if it was intended to be exclusive for that website  :P.

The Clone Wars is shaping up to be GREAT! Can't wait to see the movie. Each time I watch the trailer, I get more excited. And the Violence just adds into that.
And whats more? To have a passionate Direction - Dave. Love hearing him speak about the series!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2008, 03:32 PM »
I didn't see it mentioned yet, but according to the info from Wal-Mart that was posted at RS the Clone Wars series will premiere on October 3rd.  Also, they list the DVD release of the movie as November 18th as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Cranking that out fast...  I noticed the speedy DVD release.  The series in October sounds great too as it'll fill the increasingly cold weather void where I'm watching more TV. :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2008, 06:50 PM »
There is a new 3:49 clip at Yahoo Movies
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2008, 11:53 PM »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2008, 12:50 AM »
Very cool.  I like some of the camera angles that make it look kind of Saving Privat Ryan'ish.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2008, 02:09 AM »
Very cool indeed...  War, war, war and more war...  Kids are gonna love this whole Clone thing.  It's got some of the over-the-top force stuff form the 2D cartoon but that's ok.  It looks sharp and it's not too bad.