Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52956 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2007, 09:53 PM »
I dunno, Most kids see lightsaber and think Jedi, for us older kids we would be the ones getting into the characters, they could have the robots, The mandoralians - kids think fetts, baddies - sith. I just checked that theory with my kids 6 & 4 and those were the responses I got, lightsaber = jedi, red lightsaber = baddie. Oh well I have high hopes for this and hope they have decent voice actors, or all the eye candy is wasted.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2007, 08:31 AM »
This article discusses some rumors that Disney is really hoping to land the new Clone Wars animated series, as well as the upcoming live action series in the future (it also discusses further Star Wars presence in the "tomorrowland" section of Disney's parks.  More info at the linky.  It sounds like the others making strong bids for the Clone Wars series are Fox and HBO.  Personally, I kind of hope its not HBO, just because we don't get it and I'd hate to pay for the channel just to view these shows :P.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #47 on: September 4, 2007, 05:15 PM »
thats the last thing we need Disney getting ahold of this..yuck...i personally hate the fact that they host starwars weekends...but this will be one step too far..everything Disney sinks its teeth into goes to hell...look at square enix..."kingdom hearts" barf! imagine that but starwars style...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 4, 2007, 05:34 PM »
thats the last thing we need Disney getting ahold of this..yuck...i personally hate the fact that they host starwars weekends...but this will be one step too far..everything Disney sinks its teeth into goes to hell...look at square enix..."kingdom hearts" barf! imagine that but starwars style...

:-\ I actually think it would be pretty cool, but then again I grew up on Disney and Star wars so i guess my opnion is biased.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2007, 09:15 AM »
I have a buddy who's seen the first episode, which is completed. Said it was amazing. That's all the info I can give. Jobs can be on the line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2007, 01:07 PM »
I have a buddy who's seen the first episode, which is completed. Said it was amazing. That's all the info I can give. Jobs can be on the line.

C'mon Anton you can tell us, we won't say anything, right everybody.  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 03:25 PM »

C'mon Anton you can tell us, we won't say anything, right everybody.  ;D

What's posted on JD, stays on JD!!!!!  8)
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2007, 03:28 PM »
This does look cool, but I really cant help thinking this is a missed opportunity, I mean we all know how the Clone Wars end, who lives in the series etc. Why they didnt do this series in the Old Republic is a mystery to me, it would have been filled with so much potential for some truly great stories and NEW characters. Clones Wars should have been Tales of the Old Republic, still I can hope, if this takes off maybe they will make something like it.

I kind of agree with this. I would have much preferred if it was a storyline they didnt do, i mean we di dhave the clone wars cartoon. I still wish it was shadows of the empire.

I'm just waiting for them to pick up on the fact that this is a PERFECT opportunity to round off the Shadows of the Emprire storyline and give us an animated movie!

Jeff

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32 AM »
This does look cool, but I really cant help thinking this is a missed opportunity, I mean we all know how the Clone Wars end, who lives in the series etc. Why they didnt do this series in the Old Republic is a mystery to me, it would have been filled with so much potential for some truly great stories and NEW characters. Clones Wars should have been Tales of the Old Republic, still I can hope, if this takes off maybe they will make something like it.

I kind of agree with this. I would have much preferred if it was a storyline they didnt do, i mean we di dhave the clone wars cartoon. I still wish it was shadows of the empire.

I'm just waiting for them to pick up on the fact that this is a PERFECT opportunity to round off the Shadows of the Emprire storyline and give us an animated movie!

Jeff

I am glad i am not alone with this.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 3, 2007, 12:09 PM »

Jeff

I am glad i am not alone with this.

You're not!   At CIV, I was sitting in the front row of the last of the Clone Wars preview sessions and I had my hand up during the q&a to ask about the possibility.   The moderator kept looking at me, then picked someone else... said "we'll get to you" and never came back :-(

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #55 on: October 4, 2007, 08:10 AM »
I am with you... now that would be sweet !!!!

NOW THAT !!! is a way to keep our beloved franchise alive ...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2007, 08:28 PM »

I would not mind Disney getting the animated series.  I actually like the fact that Disney does the Star Wars weekends and other merchandise throughout the year.  It will give me something to look at when my family goes to Disneyland next fall :) 

I think the live action show would go to Fox.  I would really be upset if HBO got it.  I won't be paying an increased cable bill for HBO.  I would think Fox would have the inside track on everything with the history of all 6 films via 20th Century Fox.  Oh well, time will tell.  It's nice to be talking about future Star Wars projects at least.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2007, 03:45 PM »
I was just reading this story over at RS, about some news that came out of a Hasbro Fall 2007 Analyst Event today.  It appears there are discussions of possibly kicking off the Clone Wars series in theaters next Fall (Aug 8 is mentioned), before moving it to television.  More details at the linky, but it sounds interesting.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 10:23 AM »
The Official Site has a story up on one of the main new characters in the Clone Wars animated series, Ahsoka (a Togruta, like Shaak Ti) who is apparently Anakin's padawan.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:29 AM by Brian »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 10:49 AM »
So they finally confirmed she is indeed his padawan.  Interesting...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender