Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52954 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2008, 03:35 AM »
Oh boy I'm so stoked for August now!
I remember my dream now.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2008, 07:07 AM »
CARTOON NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!! again Candians get jipped off.

whats this TNT though...never heard of that station :S but again probably not one offered up north.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2008, 08:29 AM »
Considering my 4 year old got scared during the new Veggie Tales movie when we took him to go see it, I doubt I'm going to get him to go see this one...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2008, 10:09 AM »
This thing in the theaters? I think I'll wait and rent the DVD from netflix. :P
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2008, 10:51 AM »

whats this TNT though...never heard of that station :S but again probably not one offered up north.

TNT is one of the stationed owned by Ted Turner  like TBS and a few others, the good thing about that station is they play everything a few hundred times in a week.   
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2008, 11:41 AM »

TNT is on almost every Basic Cable package in the US.  I would be surprised if you don't have TNT.  They're a premier platform for syndicated programming, and have gotten into original programming and even sports.  They air NBA games, so they're in a lot of markets.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2008, 11:54 AM »
Its great to finally get "official" confirmation on the movie being in theatres, and now we know where Clone Wars will be airing.  Glad to hear it will be on Cartoon Network and TNT, which I think are pretty common stations for most people (both are part of our basic package here anyways).  It will be great looking forward to new Star Wars each week, and as much as I enjoyed the previous series, it will be nice to have full half hours and an ongoing show.

To be honest, I'm a little surprised there isn't more excitement on the forums about the series (although we just got official announcements last night).  Usually when there is a new announcement/pics/trailer, there are screen caps, speculation, etc. all over the boards.  Of course, this is a different beast altogether I guess, with it being animation and all of that.  Personally, I'm pretty excited that we'll have another chance to see "new" Star Wars on the big screen.  With the family market for animated movies these days, it could do quite well.  The fact that we'll get an ongoing series is even better.  From the trailers/clips so far, it looks pretty cool I think - hopefully people like it.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19 PM »
I just went over and read the offical sight,  For our freind in the great white north,  the announcement says international detail would be released shortly.  So if you don't have the cartoon network or the many Ted Turner neworks, I am sure you will be getting it on one of your stations.  GL to want your money too.  Don't worry.  It is worth more then the greenbacks these days. 

I am sure as we start to see more advertising and promos pumping the release and offical timeslot on TV. I will be more excited.   these days with all the pushing back we are hearing about Star Wars.   I am getting numb to it all, When it gets here it gets here.  Just like The Force Unleased, Wave 3, Comic Packs, Episode VII, etc.   

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Personally, I hope it crashes and burns. GL needs a wake up call that a "Special effect without a story is a very boring thing."
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2008, 05:44 PM »
I'm really glad there is some form of new Star Wars coming to theaters. One of my friends (who isn't really into SW, but incidentally really liked the first Clone Wars cartoon when I showed it to him) and I are already planning on hitting up the midnight showing. I'm cautiously optimistic about the show at this point. Because it is Star Wars I'll be giving it the benefit of the doubt and watching the entire first season no matter what. Beyond year one however will be entirely dependant on the quality of the show. I usually judge quality on whether or not the story involves complex characters that I feel emotionally involved with and whether or not there are intriguing, complex, original plot lines. If this show is nothing more that GL showing off what his guys can do with a computer, I'm out. I'm still not really thrilled with the idea of Anakin having a padawan. I guess we will have to wait and see how that one pans out.

I'm a little confused on the Cartoon Network/TNT scheduling. Do new episodes air first on Cartoon Network then re-air on TNT, or do the plan to air new episodes on both networks simultaneously?

"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Well... I have mixed feelings about this. Sure I'll see it, but I really doubt it'll make a lot of money at the theaters.

Also, glad to see TNT is taking 30 minutes out of their 24/7 lineup of Law and Order reruns to air something interesting.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2008, 12:12 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2008, 10:27 AM »
I read an article on TF.N this morning saying that in recent interviews both Samuel Jackson and Hayden Christiansen said they would be happy to lend their voices to the animated series.  I'm pretty sure they've already got the voice actors lined up from the previous Clone Wars series, but it would be cool to hear these two voicing their characters.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2008, 12:36 PM »
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=14334.msg349352#msg349352 date=1202856248
I'm a little confused on the Cartoon Network/TNT scheduling. Do new episodes air first on Cartoon Network then re-air on TNT, or do the plan to air new episodes on both networks simultaneously?

[/quote]
Cartoon Netwprk will air them first and TNT wil re-air them again and again and again.  Between law and order episodes

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Okay, just watched the trailer for the first time...I'm stoked for this.  I can't wait to see this movie.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.