Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52960 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2008, 09:52 AM »
It looks like the trailer is still online in some places, and after watching it again, it really does look spiffy.  Like Jesse said, a very military and "war time" like feel to it.  Although it isn't live action, it does really open the doors for them to do a lot in this area.  I wonder if this is the only theatrical release that we'll see, or if there will be more movies done in this style.  Either way, I'm looking forward to it (and the series) quite a bit.

Just another side note after watching the trailer, but doesn't that really sounds like Sam Jackson's voice for Mace (in the holo transmission part)?  Its always tough to tell, because the voice actors are pretty good at sounding close to the original actors, but to me it really sounds like SLJ for some reason. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:01 AM by Brian »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01 PM »
http://tk7606.com/?p=417

I'm still not keen on the new "Ahsoka" character, but the rest of this thing is absolutely sick.

And I really dig the intro use of the music "Tales of a Jedi Knight/Learn About the Force" from the ANH soundtrack which is, if memory serves, a deleted track. The new music in the middle is pretty tight as well. "Duel of the Fates" is played out these days, but it's the second or third best piece of music composed for the saga so I can understand why everyone always wants a piece of it.

Also, Brian, I'm 90% sure that's Sam Jackson as Windu. Although are we sure this isn't just a reused line from AOTC?

Anyhow, I can't wait. This thing is so ******* metal.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:03 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Yeah, it sure sounds like Sam Jackson to me, but you're right, it might be recycled.  I do remember during the press for "Jumper", SLJ said that he was interested in voicing the character in the movie/series, and he wanted LFL to know that.  We'll see I guess.

I didn't know if it was ok to discuss the trailer here or not (due to spoilers), but the story does look interesting to me - and the action looks amazing.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2008, 04:54 PM »
It's nice to finally see some good footage.  I'm looking forward to this series.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Damn, that trailer was fun to watch.  I'm looking forward to this more than ever!

On the down side, it was so good I may have to spend money on the new animated style figures.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Just continuing discussion of the trailer...SPOILERS just in case
What does everyone think about the inclusion of Jabba?  I know some may think the "Jabba's son" think is hokey, but I'll admit I thought it was kind of cool to see Obi-Wan standing before him in the Palace, in Jedi robes.  I've also read discussion online that some think that in the Mace/Yoda holo scene, they are talking to Tarkin (and another Imperial).  I wouldn't mind seeing few more of those OT ties, bridging things together.  One thing with the Jabba appearance in the movie (and maybe the series), maybe this will increase our chance of a new dais set (hopefully in realistic style).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 04:07 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Its surprising to me how little hype this seems to be getting right now.  Granted, its animated, so maybe that has something to do with it - but if this was a leak of the ROTS trailer, this would be the busiest forum here.  But, this has basically been online (somewhere or other) all week, and its only a few of us that have even noticed.  I hope that this movie is still well received when it is released, because it does look pretty neat to me so far.  Maybe people are Star Warsed-out, or maybe just not a fan of animated stuff (or the particular style), or maybe people are just waiting for the official release of the trailer.  I guess I've always enjoyed animation (Pixar stuff, and even TV toons), and Star Wars, so this is looking good to me.  And I'm not saying at all "everyone should be excited for this", because to each their own, I'm just a little surprised how little talk its getting at this point.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 04:11 PM by Brian »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2008, 10:46 PM »
I'm just a little surprised how little talk its getting at this point.

I couldn't agree more.  I actually don't usually check the movie/TV/game discussions, but seeing this trailer really got me stoked for what's to come. 

What does everyone think about the inclusion of Jabba?

Normally I do everything I can to avoid spoilers, but the trailer drew me in quite quickly and I couldn't look away as parts of the initial plot were given away.  My initial reaction was that it was lame to see them using Jabba's son.  However, I can appreciate them trying to tie the trilogies together, and the more I think about it the more I enjoy the irony in seeing the Jedis assisting "the bad guys".

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2008, 11:03 PM »
I'm a little surprised at the apparent lack of interest as well.  I figured the CW forum would be buzzing with toy possibilities.  But, once the official release of the trailer happens, I figure there will be a large surge of interest. 

SPOILERS

I am all about Jabba and the OT connections.  This, like the CN cartoon, seems more the PT I imagined than what we actually got.  I love the trailer, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2008, 01:42 AM »
[
What does everyone think about the inclusion of Jabba?

Normally I do everything I can to avoid spoilers, but the trailer drew me in quite quickly and I couldn't look away as parts of the initial plot were given away.  My initial reaction was that it was lame to see them using Jabba's son.  However, I can appreciate them trying to tie the trilogies together, and the more I think about it the more I enjoy the irony in seeing the Jedis assisting "the bad guys".

I'm not sure yet on exactly my opinon on Jabba but it seems fairly normal/fine...  His "kid" aspect sounds amusing and Jabba's history isn't really laid out yet that I'm aware...  The fact he has a son doesn't really bother me or anything.  I can see (if the Hutts are powerful) the plot-point with the Separatists wanting them to either ally with them or at least turn on the Jedi.  How they're accomplishing that I don't know...  I could see some cool manipulation going on though like kidnapping the little one and blaming it on the Republic.

Either way, I'm not bothered by him being in it really at all.  Sorta tired of Tatooine but that's neither here nor there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2008, 09:24 AM »
A new video is up at the Official Site, focusing on the "epic battles" of Star Wars.  A little bit of new footage is shown as well.

Also, TheForce.net had a report up saying that Seth Green announced at NYCC this weekend that he's voicing a character in the Clone Wars series, although he couldn't say who it was.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:41 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 7, 2008, 09:35 AM »
The theatrical poster is up at the Official Site (and up for preorder at SWShop), and it sounds like the trailer (perhaps the leaked one?) will premiere across the Turner networks tomorrow night.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 11:28 AM by Brian »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #117 on: May 7, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Looks like there is a new clone shuttle on the lower left portion of the poster (above Rex). It looks like a version of Sidious' shuttle from ROTS.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 01:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 7, 2008, 10:33 PM »
That poster really seems full of cheese to me, which is good. I like the occasional cheese. It reminds me of the VHS box covers for the cartoon The Hobbit and Return of the King kid films.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 7, 2008, 11:02 PM »
maybe we will finally get a SA cody now...animated though of course.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: