Author Topic: Clone Wars 3D  (Read 52978 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars 3D
« Reply #180 on: September 1, 2008, 10:00 AM »
We caught another glimpse of Kit Fisto and Luminara as well. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 1, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Neat. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 2, 2008, 10:55 AM »
It looks like CN has confirmed the debut for October 3rd, with back to back episodes.  Here's the descriptions of the two episodes, I'll leave some space if anyone considers those SPOILERS:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (p) “AMBUSH” Jedi Master Yoda is on a secret mission to forge a treaty with the King of the strategic system of Toydaria when his ship is ambushed by Count Dooku. Yoda and three clone troopers must face off against Count Dooku’s dreaded assassin Ventress and her massive droid army to prove the Jedi are strong enough to protect the king and his people from the forces of the war.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (p) “RISING MALEVOLENCE” Creating panic throughout the galaxy, a devastating Separatist mystery weapon terrorizes the clone Starfleet. Anakin and Ahsoka race to save Jedi Master Plo Koon and his clone troopers in time.

More details at the link above.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 3, 2008, 02:03 PM »
That's a pretty cool preview, I've already watched it several times.  Cool to finally hear Koon talk, and love all the Y-wing action.  I can't wait for this to start.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 5, 2008, 09:17 AM »
ENewsI.com has a whole bunch of new images from the upcoming weekly series - looks pretty cool.  Its especially neat seeing a Mon Cal Jedi :).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Tonight at 8 P.M. on Cartoon Network is a Clone Wars 3D Preview...  Set the Tivo or whatever. 

A recap of the stuff we see in the film, or new footage and info?  Hey, who knows, but I'm just excited for a weekly series worth watching at this point.  TV sucks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 26, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Tonight at 8 P.M. on Cartoon Network is a Clone Wars 3D Preview...  Set the Tivo or whatever. 

Thanks for the reminder.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: September 26, 2008, 11:32 PM »
Some thoughts...

-Kit Fisto's apprentice?  Pretty cool...

-Kit Fisto's Voice?  Matches his "ah!" he lets out in Palp's office when he's cut down, which I think is cool they made sure to try and match it.

-Armored Y-Wings...  Very cool, and will we ever see a (to-scale) toy?  If so I think I'd go nutty over that.

-Clone armament...  Very cool seeing the mini-gun dusted off and brought out of storage from the 2D toon.  If I may suggest, head on over to Marauder Inc. and buy their mini-gun accessory for your Clones NOW.  It rocks socks.

-Yoda...  Cool, badass as always, fights with his mind more than a weapon, and his talkign with the Clones seems very cool, like he truly wants to see them become more than they are.  It's kind of sad when you think about it.

-Grievous...  Way cooler than ROTS, and way more tough like he should've been in ROTS.

I loved the film, so maybe I'm biased, but the preview tonight has me excited for something to watch every week, finally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: September 26, 2008, 11:42 PM »
I'm not sure why, but I'm really digging that Mon Cal Jedi guy...  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Me too...  I was already thinking that guy's toast though.  Methinks Grievious is going to off many, many Jedi.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Mon Cal Jedi: "You can't defeat us all"

Grievous: "Of course I can!"

Classic.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Grievous is going to fry that kid up and have him with tartar sauce.  I just can't get over how lame GG is in ROTS now though.  He really sucks. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2008, 07:11 PM »
I liked the preview.  I did not really care for the movie much.  However, the TV series looks promising.  The Mon Cal Jedi (or Padawan?) was pretty cool I thought.  I will probably like checking this show out just for little things like that.  Plus, McQuarrie's Airwhales are back.  The Y-Wing looked nice.  Plus it's nice to hear their take on what Plo Koon would sound like.  I am sure there are gonna be some groan moments to but it will fun to check out.  I like Yoda kicking some droids around and General Grievous dishing it out.  The little scene of Dooku and Grievous trying to get Anakin and the Jedi in the debris field was fun.  I even got a little kick out of seeing 2-1B (it's probably 2-2C but you know what I mean). 

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2008, 09:43 PM »
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From, http://tv.ign.com/objects/142/14253314.html

Episode 3: "SHADOW OF MALEVOLENCE," Friday, Oct. 10, 9 p.m.

With the help of his Padawan Ahsoka and Jedi Master Plo Koon, Anakin utilizes new long-range Y-wing bombers to lead a bold strike on General Grievous warship the Malevolence and its destructive weapon.

Episode 4: "DESTROY MALEVOLENCE," Friday, Oct. 17, 9 p.m.

Padmé Amidala and C-3PO are taken hostage by General Grievous, leaving Anakin and Obi-Wan to save the Senator and complete the destruction of the Malevolence.

Episode 5: "ROOKIES," Friday, Oct. 24, 9 p.m.

Alone on a distant outpost, Clone Commanders Rex and Cody must inspire their rookie unit to believe in themselves to stave off a Droid Commando invasion.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:50 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2008, 12:32 PM »
I'm a little late here (no internet for the past week or so), but I caught the Clone Wars 3D preview special as well.  I agree with pretty much everyone has said here already, it does look pretty good to me too.  I like Kit Fisto's Mon Cal apprentice as well, and the previews of upcoming episodes look spiffy.  I enjoyed the movie, but I'm even more excited for the weekly series.  Also, like Jesse mentioned, Grievous looks much better in this series than he was in ROTS.  I like the way it appears they are portraying Yoda as well, more in line with his OT incarnation.