Author Topic: Thoughts and all that sappy stuff  (Read 22537 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and all that sappy stuff
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I'm real sorry this is the news you have been given.
There is always the chance things will turn around.
Keep fighting it.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2005, 10:17 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear that news, Shannon.

However, what the doctors—and the cancer for that matter—don't know, is that you're one tough chick. You will get through this. It may sound very, very cheezy, but there's a lot of power in positive thinking and positive visualization. We're all pulling for you here, cutie!  :)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2005, 01:21 PM »
Thanks for all your positive comments!  I'm a little better today, but I just woke up ;) - just barely missed your call Matt.  I'm sure I'll feel more positive soon, it's just hard to deal with, especially when I think about my son.  Now I just have to turn that emotion the other way and fight this as hard as I can.  Hopefully, wherever I go, I'll still have access to the net.  In fact, if I have to drag my computer with me, I will.
;)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Hey Shannon, I'm also very very sorry to hear the latest news.

Can I ask if you've considered alternate therapies in addition your current treatment?  Eastern Medicine, herbs, acupuncture etc...?  My girlfriend's dad practices Korean Constitutional Medicine and has worked with cancer patients before.   If I recall correctly, has even sometimes had success curing people who had been told they were out of options.

Keep your head up,
-R

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2005, 09:20 PM »
Shannon, I know you'll beat this.  You are one of the most upbeat and caring individuals I have ever met and I believe with that pure heart of yours, you'll be telling us a few months down the road that you are on the road to recovery!!

I will keep you and your son in my prayers and keep us posted as often as you can.

Big Hug!
Beth
Beth

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2005, 11:26 PM »

Can I ask if you've considered alternate therapies in addition your current treatment?  Eastern Medicine, herbs, acupuncture etc...?  My girlfriend's dad practices Korean Constitutional Medicine and has worked with cancer patients before.   If I recall correctly, has even sometimes had success curing people who had been told they were out of options.

Keep your head up,
-R
I'm taking a "special herbal cancer fighting tea" someone ordered for me.  Constitutional medicine? I am pretty stretched tight on the budget as it is, do you know how much it usually costs?
Went to Baylor today, waiting to hear from MD Anderson...
 :)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I've got an appointment next Wednesday at MD Anderson... :)
Let's hope for some good news :)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way :)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2005, 11:44 PM »
You know it Shannon...  :)  Keep up the good spirits.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 5, 2005, 02:46 AM »

Keep your head up,
-R
I'm taking a "special herbal cancer fighting tea" someone ordered for me.  Constitutional medicine? I am pretty stretched tight on the budget as it is, do you know how much it usually costs?
Went to Baylor today, waiting to hear from MD Anderson...
 :)

Hey Shannon, I have no idea what the costs of something like this are - but if you are interested, I can put you in touch with my girlfriend's father who can at very least tell you about what it is that he does and he could answer any questions you might have - just let me know - it never hurts to inquire. :)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #130 on: September 5, 2005, 06:29 PM »
Hang in there Shannon....if anyone could beat this it's you!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Time for an update here... I went to one clinical trial doctor, and I would have had to gone on a waiting list for two months, etc, and the oncologist never called me after looking at my scans like he promised.  I had heard back in the meantime from MD Anderson.
For anyone who knows anything about cancer, that is one- if not THE top cancer research/hospitals in the world.  So, I've been going there.  They told me that they can't cure me either, but they hope to put my body in remission, however, they feel that it will return back as my cancer marker (which is some blood test that I can't explain) is off the charts- it should be under 30 and my number is 1780. 
Anyway, they have suggested 6 rounds of chemo, no radiation.  I've gone through two- the last was last Wednesday.  My hair is coming out, so I buzzed it off.  It gives this really bad burning sensation and it's driving me crazy.  That and my hormones- because they have been frying up my woman things I'm in a menopausal like stage, complete with hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain, bloating, etc.  They are giving me the neuplasta to prevent my blood counts to drop, so that's good.  I've been trying to keep my blog updated, so if you want to keep up more, you can visit it there.  I just hate bringing this back up, but I guess I should on occassion keep you guys updated.  Oh, and I moved back with my parents so that they can help me with my son as necessary.  So, it's great, we get more time together.  He's currently enjoying opening my collection since I don't want to store it.  He's got Dexter, Kit, Jango, Luminara, Obi-Wan (AOTC) all fighting a Geonisian Warrior... Oh, a Clone Trooper has just been added to the mix... And he sleeps with his Darth Mickey (thanks again Sharon) every night :)
This was last week... before my last chemo, I've lost more since then... and yes, I'm grimacing...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about all this... :-\ Keep on fighting Shannon. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2005, 09:49 PM »
I am sorry to hear the news as well.  It's great that your family can be together with you.  You are certainly in my family's prayers as well.  I am also asking my former small bible study group back in Illinois to send some prayers up for you as well.  Keep up the good fight.  Everyone is pulling for you :)

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Yes, I am certainly in communon with everyone else praying for you.  Be strong my friend; the Lord will provide.  Thank goodness you have such a loving family!  Your son is very lucky to have you as well!