Author Topic: Ruprecht's Customs --Similar Stuff-- (Update 8/1/07)  (Read 42164 times)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --WIP, page 6-- (Update 6/20/06)
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2006, 02:18 AM »
We need more!!!  ;D
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2006, 09:40 AM »
You should definetly throw an update in here Ruprecht!  I still love the guns, and haven't even done anything with them yet...but I will...I have a secret project going on that will require one of the DC's....I can't wait to unvail it!!

Thanks

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2006, 10:03 AM »
This is the first time I got to check out your stuff. Not only is the work impressive, but the presentation kicks butt. Thanks!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 6, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Whoa I haven't updated in a loooong time!  Thanks for the comments guys.  Tonight's update is all stuff that has been started but not finished.  I figured while I was taking pics of my new molds and casts, I'd update some stuff.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --WIP, last page-- (Update 11/6/06)
« Reply #94 on: November 6, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Wow, you are really doing it all.  Looks like you've got this sculpting/molding/casting thing down pat!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 7, 2006, 12:43 AM »
Thanks, but I wish!  I've yet to sculpt anything other than accessories.  Someday I'd like to be as good as guys like Glass, Bantha5, Ben, Sith Fire, Owen, ae77, Hemble, and Smarty (that Verp is B-A-D-A-R-S-E), but I'm afraid that day is a looooooong way off.

Someday I'll grow a pair and try sculpting a helmet or a head.   ;D

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #96 on: November 7, 2006, 12:53 AM »
Looks great! Glad to see more of your stuff in the works!
I did not realize the Mace Windu squad had been released yet. I will have to go get me a pack (for the Parjai more than anything)
I keep seeing so many cool things that can be done with Bust-Ups that I may have to go track down some.
I envy the work area you and other have. I have very very limited space to use for my customizing at the moment.

Was curious...one of the clones you got there looks like a fresh cast without any paint. Was it just painted over with white?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 7, 2006, 01:17 AM »
Thanks Straxus.  I went to Target's Customer Service desk and asked them to look up the Windu Squad by its DCPI number.  They said it wasn't on the floor yet, but they had some in the back, and they happily brought out a case.  I bought one for me, and one for my boys, and was I ever relieved!  I didn't get a Cmdr. Cody until about a month ago because I NEVER could find him in stores, and I refuse to pay $10 plus $10 shipping for one from ebay.

Was curious...one of the clones you got there looks like a fresh cast without any paint. Was it just painted over with white?

Yes, it, and the other ARC Gunship crew-to-be was spray painted white with Krylon H20, with a couple of coats of H20 primer underneath.  The ones I spray painted were done out of necessity, because when I was removing the original paint with Easy Lift-Off, it yellowed some of the plastic.  (make sure when using ELO that you have a bowl of water nearby to dip the figures in!)

The reason they haven't been finished is when I was done spray painting them, they all had a matte look and feel instead of the smooth sheen that clone armor has, so now I have to sand each one with progressively finer grit pads.  It takes a long time to do, so naturally I put it off until some other aspect of customizing frustrates me more.

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 9, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Nice work on the Boss. What did you use/do to outline the backpack and helmet?

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 9, 2006, 07:44 AM »
Very impressive stuff, especially the sculpted shoulderpads. Excellent work, and the presentation is hilarious. ;D

I'm really looking forward to seeing these completed.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 9, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Awsome stuff!  I love the ARC crew!  Will you be offering any of your casts for sale?
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2007, 12:01 AM »
I've always loved the AOTC ARC Troopers, except for the fact that they have little in the way of articulation.  My attempts here are to correct that, sculpting the same (as best I can) doo-dads onto SA Clone bodies.

I finally got around to putting one of Ryan's amazing Neyo heads on a body, beginning Fixer's unique helmet attachment, and attempting a "conjectural" Phase 2 ARC (to borrow a bit of AE77's phrasing).

The Phase 2 ARC is really a result of me having mixed up a bit too much Fixit Sculpt and deciding not to throw it out.

Just a couple of dark Airborne troops with jetpacks at this point.  The helmets are ones that I cast in black resin myself. 

I plan on painting them with some sort of gray camo scheme, and some insignia here and there.  I was messing with my camera's settings (color, black & white, etc.), and it's obvious I have much to learn about photography and dusting.  :D

« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 12:09 AM by Ruprecht »

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --Perpetual WIP, last page-- (Update 1/26/07)
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2007, 06:09 PM »
Great work on the sculpting on the SA clone (ARC trooper). The boot bindings look especially good.

What paint scheme do you plan on using? Same are regular ARCs?

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --Perpetual WIP, last page-- (Update 1/26/07)
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Thanks Noodle.

I'm not sure about the paintjob.  I can't decide between the Hasbro, Darkhorse Comics, or Wizards of the Coast scheme.  I may make one of them red, or both blue......I just don't know yet. 

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --Perpetual WIP, last page-- (Update 1/30/07)
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2007, 02:49 AM »
Probably my last update for a few days, this just takes too much time.