Author Topic: Ruprecht's Customs --Similar Stuff-- (Update 8/1/07)  (Read 42155 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --Perpetual WIP, last page-- (Update 1/26/07)
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Very nice sculpting!
I like the monicle on that arc.

Fixer looks fantastic so far,  cant wait to see them when they're all done.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --Perpetual WIP, last page-- (Update 3/13/07)
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Not quite finished with my 4 ARCs, but here are some teaser pics:

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2007, 05:37 AM »
You've got a great talent mate your sculpting skills a great well done.

Ron

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2007, 10:22 PM »
 ;)VERY NICE !!! 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2007, 07:47 PM »
ARCs ready to paint, 1 partially painted, 1 has a little Captain in him.  The headless trooper is the beginning of a Null ARC.  A lot of his accessories are the same as the other ARCs at this point, but that'll change.  Last pic is my work bench.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Ruprecht's Customs --Perpetual WIP, last page-- (Update 3/21/07)
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2007, 06:19 PM »
wow...your sculpting is amazing..they look SOOO much better than the hasbro versions...great job...im still sculpting with green stuff at the momnet but ive got some sculpy in mail now so any day now i can start some serious customizing...any tips?
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Thanks Brisk.

Unfortunately, I was never very good with Sculpy.  I'd sculpt a piece, boil it, and try to sculpt more on the same part, but Sculpy was too brittle and would either flake or break off. 

If I had any advice for Sculpy, I'd say:

1.  Invest in some good sculpting and/or dental tools
2.  Don't overboil the part, or it becomes way too brittle.  30 seconds is usually more than sufficient if the part is not too thick.
3.  Be patient with yourself.  It's sometimes discouraging when a slip of the hand or tool ruins a part you've worked on forever.  Just know that you WILL screw up at some point.  Roll with the punches that sculpting small stuff throws at you, and try, try again.  You won't create your masterpiece the first or even 50th time you sculpt something.
4.  Use a separate pot for boiling Sculpy. 
5.  If you try Sculpy for a month and don't find it to your liking, order some Fixit Sculpt from AvesStudio.com.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2007, 04:42 PM »

5.  If you try Sculpy for a month and don't find it to your liking, order some Fixit Sculpt from AvesStudio.com.

All shall be turned to the FIXIT side of the force.... all is going according to our design, in time you all will call FIXIT your sculpting medium...
However in all seriousness he is right, its great stuff!

Was curious Ruprecht, what do you use for your mold making primarily? (forgive me if I asked on another forum and forgot...)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2007, 05:18 PM »
All shall be turned to the FIXIT side of the force.... all is going according to our design, in time you all will call FIXIT your sculpting medium...

;D ;D ;D

Was curious Ruprecht, what do you use for your mold making primarily?
Same stuff as most:  Smooth-On Smooth-Sil 920 for helmets, and Micro-Mark RTV rubber for everything else.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2007, 11:52 PM »
I like th sculpting job alot. I try to keep my sculpting down to a minimum due to lack of patience after one piece after another breaks...I know it happens. What made you decide the two different size armor pieces on the upper part of the chest armor?
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2007, 12:40 AM »
I based the extra armor off the ARC Trooper from the Clone Wars series.  If you look at the pics from the link below, you'll notice the chest armor is different from right to left.

ARC Trooper photos at RS

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2007, 01:37 AM »
So how long is it until you attempt your masterpiece...a 3.75 Ruprecht the Monkey Boy custom? (Genital Cuff sold separately.)

;D ;D ;D ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2007, 01:47 AM »
Hahahahahahhahahahahaha!

I'm thinking a Han body would work best as a base, but I don't think I could pull it off.  Faces still frustrate the hell outta me. 

Someday...someday I'll make him with a Trident, fork with a cork, and separate genital cuff accessory.  For now I'll have to settle for researching genital harnesses.  If Slumber Parties sells one, I'll have my wife order it.   :-*

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #118 on: April 1, 2007, 05:57 AM »
WOW O WOW that is some awesome looking scuplting work I must say really look forward to see how they turn out when there painted.

Ron

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2007, 05:04 PM »
Thanks Hemble, I always enjoy your work, so it's good to hear a pro likes my stuff.

I've been busy (haven't we all?) with real life crap for a while, so not much here.  I have finally managed to begin painting 2 of the ARCs, pictured here, along with their
weapons.

I used Blasterman's technique to give this guy ball-jointed wrists, which is the only way to go if you want your clone holding his weapon south-central style. 

I've come to the realization that I hate thinking about painting, but I kinda like it once I get started.  Procrastination is my forte, you might say.  This guy is almost done.  It's taken a while because I had to seek advice and figure out the best way to cast his pauldron.  I've got some casts that I think I'm happy with, so it's onto the kama.  I'll be giving his rifle a sling, again using Blasterman's technique with the lego sail canvas.

The third, headless ARC will end up being a Null.  So I've been doing some different things with his leg armor.  I'll be doing more with his upper body armor, mainly more techy-looking gadgets and what-not.  The trick will be to avoid making him look like a power ranger.    :)