Author Topic: ROTS Food Promos: Kellogg's, Frito-Lay, etc.  (Read 10681 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
ROTS Food Promos: Kellogg's, Frito-Lay, etc.
« on: March 23, 2005, 03:36 PM »
I picked up a couple of the light saber spoons this past weekend.  Both were red, so I still need a green and a blue one.  They're ok, though I preferred the pens to these.  More colors would have been helpful.  I can post pics if anyone wants. 

« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 05:56 PM by JediMAC »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: ROTS Fast Food Promos - Kellogg's, Frito-Lay, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 06:10 PM »
I got a red spoon too, I really wanted a green one  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 08:36 PM »
What are these spoons of wich you speak?

Where might I be able to obtain them?

Thank you.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 11:52 PM »
Lightsaber spoons are a promo in Kellogg's cereals.  Mine came out of frosted flakes (thanks Tony).  Not sure what other cereals are available with them but I picked mine up at Meijer.  All the major retailers will have them soon if not already.

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:41 AM »
I've seen Apple Jacks at Wal-Mart with the Spoon Offer.  Mine is Red as well.  I've also seen Apple Jacks witeh the Jedi Mind Trick info on it so there must be multiple versions of each cereal box.  I saw a picture somewhere that had the Yellow Corn pops withe the Spoon Offer as well.  Alot of food/cereal items out there right now...just don't know if I can eat enough to get all the proofs of purchase I need!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 02:23 PM »
I've seen Apple Jacks at Wal-Mart with the Spoon Offer.  Mine is Red as well.  I've also seen Apple Jacks witeh the Jedi Mind Trick info on it so there must be multiple versions of each cereal box.  I saw a picture somewhere that had the Yellow Corn pops withe the Spoon Offer as well.  Alot of food/cereal items out there right now...just don't know if I can eat enough to get all the proofs of purchase I need!

The trick isnt how much you can eat, but rather, where you can hide all of the food you buy, stricktly for the UPC's. ;)

Kevin

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 09:38 PM »
I'm back from a ROTS food promotion...Here we go:

ROTS E. L. Fudge Cookies

ROTS Rice Krispy Treats

ROTS Cheeze Its-Really cool box!

The only cereal they had with ROTS preveiw was raisin bran with Chewbaca on the cover, so I opted out.

I wanted spoons. Damnit.

Kevin

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Is it just me or does this whole ROTS marketing push resemble something Krusty the Klown would put together as the days go on?   I just have this vision of an assembly line at LFL with Vader dolls with knives sticking out of his neck, electrical arcs coming out of Palpatine dolls, and "Lucas Brand Dog Food...Now with More Entrails!" ::)

"Kellogs Corn Pops with Severed Hand Replica inside!  Collect all 12!"

That being said, I still have horrible memories of eating two big boxes of Froot Loops to get that damned Stormtrooper Han figure back in 1995.  Not to mention the bottomless grease pit of Lay's Potato Chips to get Cool Mint Obi-Wan in 1997.  Needless to say, I have not eaten Froot Loops or Lay's Potato Chips since these promotions.  The only thing worse was buying the GI Joe cereal when I was a kid so I could send away for the "Starduster" kitbashed figure. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 12:06 AM »
I got a red lightsaber spoon in my big-ass box of Corn Pops. I've eaten half the box already, and I'm sick of this ****** cereal.

I hope the Raisin Bran Crunch cereal gets the spoons as well, because that stuff is good.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 09:04 AM »
Found a few ROTS products at Wal-Mart yesterday.  They had (and have had) the Darth Vader box of Cheezits for some time now.  I still haven't bought one, just because I prefer the "Cheddar Jack" variety, which just has the normal boxes at this point.  I see there might be a "Cheddar and More Cheddar" Twistems (or whatever they're called) Cheezits box coming with Chewbacca, and I'll probably pick that up.  Otherwise, got a couple types of Keebler products with Star Wars packaging, as well as the send in for a cookie jar.  I was hoping to get a lightsaber spoon, but the only cereal they had with that promotion was Corn Pops, and I'm not a fan.  I'll hold out until they get new boxes of Frosted Flakes or Froot Loops or something (they still had the "Robots" versions).  They did have some Pop Tarts with the Vader promotion, although not the special "Lava Explosion" pop tarts, just some normal flavors.

On a side note, has there been any more word of the Burger King promotions?  I know we saw the layout and tenative plans a long time back, but haven't heard of anything further for awhile.  We're usually not fast food eaters, but might have to be for May (or whenever this happens).  I'm really hoping they decide to bring out another set of glasses, just like the vintage days.  From what I've seen earlier, it looked like a rather large assortment of buddies, water squirters, etc.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Kevin,

Corn Pops and a few other cereals marked with the saber inside.  There are three colors available red, blue, and green.

DBK

What are these spoons of wich you speak?

Where might I be able to obtain them?

Thank you.

Kevin

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Kind of off topic, but are they making a Lucky Charms type cereal for ROTS like they did with AOTC?

And I may have to buy some cereal...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Kind of off topic, but are they making a Lucky Charms type cereal for ROTS like they did with AOTC?

And I may have to buy some cereal...

I'd say yes, by the looks of things

Mmm, marshmallows in cereal :P

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I guess this is the best place to talk about this...

Is anyone else collection any of the cereal box items? I’d been hearing about Frosted Flakes having a lighsaber spoon in them, and finally managed to find them in stock yesterday.

Included in the box is a spoon build in two sections – the bottom being a lightsaber hilt, about 3” long, with an included battery, and light up LED – the top part being a plastic translucent spoon, that glows when you ignite the hilt. Pretty neat.

There are three to get, so it looks like I’ll be chomping through boxes of Frosted Flakes for a few weeks here.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Yeah, I've been picking up a little bit of the cereal stuff too.  I picked up a box of the "official" Star Wars cereal, the Darth Vader box cover.  There is also a Yoda, that I might pick up, but the Mrs. says I have to eat all of this box first ;).  Not too bad, similar to Lucky Charms this time around.  We also picked up a box of the Frosted Flakes with the saber spoon.  I got the red one this time, and wouldn't mind getting the others.  If we eat through enough of the cereal, hopefully I can get the other two, or at least the blue one.  I see there are a number of promotions going on, I've seen Star Wars characters on a number of different Kellogg's cereal brands.  There'd be lots of stuff to pick up for the "food packaging" completist this time around :).