Author Topic: A-Wing Pilot Variant?  (Read 3293 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
A-Wing Pilot Variant?
« on: June 22, 2005, 01:41 AM »
According to the auction below there's a variant on the POTF A-Wing Pilot where the helmet has dark brown paint apps instead of the light brown/grey paint apps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5981782861&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Has anyone ever heard of this? This is the first time I've come across a mention of such a variant. Research on the web came up with no leads, one would think this would have been known before...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: A-Wing Pilot Variant?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:03 AM »
Well I have never heard of it and i am all about variations. I mean it is possible, it may be a foreign figure, but regardless nothing i have seen before.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Interesting, I did a little search on this.

eBay pic.

Cargo Bay Collectors Data base

They say the bottom pic is the variation and thats the one I have. I have never seen the lighter version that I can remember.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 10:29 AM »
DSJ,

As always good detective work.  So do you think this is a bonofide variation or color degregation based upon the type of plastic or natural fading?

DBK

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:29 AM »
I also did some research on all the major collecting sites.  All of the pictures with carded A-Wing pilots are the dark brown version.  I can't find a picture of a carded light brown pilot anywhere.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:43 AM »
DSJ,

As always good detective work.  So do you think this is a bonofide variation or color degregation based upon the type of plastic or natural fading?

DBK

I really don't know what to make of this right now, if it's fading, it sure went to a lighter brown.  :-\

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:11 AM »
I'll admit I'm not the most informed when it comes to vintage variations, but I do try to keep up. This is new to me as well. Could it be hand painted?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 02:30 AM »
I'm surprised to that this was found on the SW Cargo Bay. As I said before, I had never heard of this variant and every A-Wing Pilot I've seen, in person or in a photograph, has always been the "darker" brown. It doesn't strike me as a result of fading either, something about how vibrant the lighter brown is.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot