Author Topic: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-packs  (Read 30317 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-pack
« Reply #105 on: July 8, 2005, 11:45 AM »
So.... what's happening with the deluxe these days, it's been very quiet. Does anyone think were going to see more assortments with more clone colors? I hope someone askes Hasbro at C3 what the deal is with this and with the whole, lets make 1/4 less of the army builders than the Barc speeder/jedi set.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 8, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Well, they've mentioned that TRU might be getting some more of those 3 packs in various new color assortments...

Personally I hope we never see these things again - I'm finally all caught up again (except for a loose Red Clone Wars Laying Down Trooper) and don't feel like searching all over the place for even more of these.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 8, 2005, 12:18 PM »
It is much easier to ignore the silly statues altogether. heh
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Is this line done now? Will we get more? What do you guys think?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2005, 11:49 AM »
My guess is it's done.

Although I had expected them to put out a yellow coloured set, just to parallel the Clone Wars sets.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2005, 12:46 AM »
I'm sorta glad, however I actually have liked a lot of the Deluxe figs this year.  Not everything was great, some sucked, but there were more hits than misses.  Part of me is glad if it's done simply so they focus on GOOD Clone sculpts over the 3-pack ones...

But losing good figures like Stass Allie, Crab Droid, and stuff like that...  That bites.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2005, 11:57 AM »
There's some guy thats always at Target and TRU in the morning who swears they are making a 3 pack with all three colors in it.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-packs
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2005, 12:31 AM »
I've heard that too Metal, but no use swearing on it...  I don't think Hasbro's said that is a definite.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Sounds like the three packs are starting to show up again. I hope we all get the ones we still need.

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2005, 05:49 PM »
I saw 12 White 3 packs at one Walmart today, 6 more at another Walmart, and 3 more at a Target. No other color is showing up right now.

The white's are ok, but if you get green, red and blue you have a set of the whites as well.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2005, 02:31 AM »
I saw another blue set at Target today, but since I had this one already, I left it.
I can't believe Hasbro missed the boat on these again. Dumbasses.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2005, 09:34 AM »
I have the green and the blue, but i cant find the red.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Saw multiples of Red and Blue but Green I saw once.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2005, 01:43 AM »
Check out this listing at SWS.com - they claim you will get either an all-white set or an all-color set (red AND green AND blue).

"Pack can include either 3 white clone troopers, or 3 clone troopers with different unit color design"

"Each pack will include either 3 white clone troopers, or 3 clone troopers with different unit color designations: red, green, and blue. Which pack you receive is random, we cannot guarantee the exact assortment that you will receive"

But wasn't this package of 3 colored clones supposed to just be a "prototype"?  Obviously, all we've ever seen in stores is 1 colored clone with 2 white ones (red OR green OR blue). 

It's gotta be a misunderstanding by those at SWS.com.  Don't you guys think so?  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Perhaps...  It's possible they've whipped these up for themselves too, but weird.  I know this hasn't surfaced at retail so it seems odd that they'd get it for themselves.

On a completely seprate note...

My gf's kids have gotten more into the basic figures since they can actually sometimes find ones they like, such as the oldest boy got an AT-TE Gunner the other day and the youngest found a Clone Commander.

Anyway, the kids of course want figures I can hardly find for them...   ::)  But they're finding some stuff at least.  So the other day they were at Wal-Mart and each spotted the 3-packs on the pegs and their mother picked them up for them.

She asked me that night, "Do they take stuff back that's been opened?", and I asked her why she wanted to know.  She told me the boys had gotten these Clone sets and opened them but were mad at how bad the figures were.  The youngest boy's exact words were, "These things suck, they don't move.  I like the other ones".

So I was down over the weekend and they were re-telling me about their Clone woes, and I just laughed and said I knew how they felt.  :)  Kids say the darndest things.