Author Topic: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-packs  (Read 30318 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RotS Deluxe Clone 3-packs
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2005, 10:58 AM »
I hope that colored three pack never becomes reality. I'm done with the deluxe three packs and want to stay that way. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2005, 02:56 PM »
It's probably a mistake. And at $17 a hit, it's not worth the gamble if you have the others and only want the 3-fer.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2005, 12:44 AM »
The youngest boy's exact words were, "These things suck, they don't move.  I like the other ones".

So I was down over the weekend and they were re-telling me about their Clone woes, and I just laughed and said I knew how they felt.  :)  Kids say the darndest things.

HOGWASH!! Kids love pre-posed Star Wars figures. One has to wonder if Hasbro actually does any product testing with kids, or do they do it with monkeys....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Why don't just give us a Clone 3-pk that we actually saw in the film!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2005, 01:15 AM »
I know when I was young, GIJ won out over Star Wars in 1982 (with me anyway) because GIJ was just a better toy...  He was poseable, though at the time that term really didn't pop into my mind...  Like my girl's kids, he "moved" I guess was what I was thinking.

What I remember buying vintage SW figures for was to give their cool coat or pistol to the GIJ I liked the best, haha.

The boys now want AT-RT drivers and a Clone Evolutions set after watching me putz on the computer without me knowing.   ::)  I can't find those FOR MYSELF.   >:(  Ugh.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Deluxe Clone from sws.com… either all thre white or all three colored, packed randomly – no guarantees :(

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104124;category_id=322;pcid1=293;pcid2=

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Check out this listing at SWS.com - they claim you will get either an all-white set or an all-color set (red AND green AND blue).

"Pack can include either 3 white clone troopers, or 3 clone troopers with different unit color design"

"Each pack will include either 3 white clone troopers, or 3 clone troopers with different unit color designations: red, green, and blue. Which pack you receive is random, we cannot guarantee the exact assortment that you will receive"

But wasn't this package of 3 colored clones supposed to just be a "prototype"?  Obviously, all we've ever seen in stores is 1 colored clone with 2 white ones (red OR green OR blue). 

It's gotta be a misunderstanding by those at SWS.com.  Don't you guys think so?  :-\

;)

As we've been speculating, this is probably improper information on SW.com's part.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2005, 11:12 AM »
The youngest boy's exact words were, "These things suck, they don't move.  I like the other ones".

So I was down over the weekend and they were re-telling me about their Clone woes, and I just laughed and said I knew how they felt.  :)  Kids say the darndest things.

HOGWASH!! Kids love pre-posed Star Wars figures. One has to wonder if Hasbro actually does any product testing with kids, or do they do it with monkeys....

Monkeys, and pregnant birds too :P

You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2005, 11:44 AM »
I finally cracked my sets open today to photograph and noticed that all the clones have different style "backpacks". The best in my opinion being the one on crouching clone mold. A nice touch to add even more variety to the ranks of the 'troopers.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2005, 12:12 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier that they thought that the Green kneeling one was the nicest out of all the 3-packs. I would have to agree, nice paint scheme.

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2005, 09:08 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier that they thought that the Green kneeling one was the nicest out of all the 3-packs. I would have to agree, nice paint scheme.

I think so as well. It is one of only two packs of these figures that I have. The other is the one with the blue stripes firing in the prone position. I took a pass on both the polka-dotted one, as I didn't care for the look of it, and the all white pack as I would rather spend the money on a couple more SA Clone Troopers. I have never seen a pack with all three colored clones in it.
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I just wanted to comment on the fact that these are finally starting to sit on the pegs for more tham 2 minutes after opening, which is a relief. Are people still having problems tracking them all down, or have you noticed the same thing?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2005, 10:16 AM »
I just wanted to comment on the fact that these are finally starting to sit on the pegs for more tham 2 minutes after opening, which is a relief. Are people still having problems tracking them all down, or have you noticed the same thing?

Same here.  Target has about 7-8 of each of the blue and red clone 3-packs.  The same goes for the SA Clones which have been sitting here for over a month now. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 12, 2005, 12:59 PM »
It's nice to know that there is such a thing as a saturation point, isn't there?

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2005, 09:53 PM »
Well I only have the white ones and a really cool custom set of orange one 's I got from e bay.