Author Topic: What Vintage Do You Still Have From Your Childhood?  (Read 41512 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
What Vintage Do You Still Have From Your Childhood?
« on: June 8, 2005, 05:47 AM »
As I'm oft to do when a bout of insomnia hits me, I start to think of various stats or records. Well the other night I got to thinking, what vintage toys do I still have from my childhood and I got to realizing I actually have quite a few. That surprised me because I had lost a good chunk of my Star Wars over the years. So I was wondering what toys everyone still has from the fun days of playing with them as kids to today  living it up in their collection? For me, I'm only going back to when I was 12, i.e. 1990 as thats the last year I can recall finding vintage in a retail shop. Well here we go...

* Snaggletooth (not necessarily my first, but certainly my oldest SW toy and one of my faves)
* Sand People (mostly painted in blue at some point when I was a kid, best guess was prior to 84)
* FX-7 (No arms at all)
* Jedi Luke
* Bespin Han
* Bespin Lando
* Chewbacca
* C-3PO
* Biker Scout
* Greedo x2
* Chief Chirpa x2
* Teebo
* Wicket
* Prune Face
* Imperial Dignitary (with coin!)
* Skiff Lando
* Weequay
* Squid Head
* General Madine
* Admiral Ackbar
* Nien Nunb
* Biker Scout
* EV-9D9 (lost the left arm at some point, but then bought a new one a few years back)
* AT-ST Driver
* Snowtrooper
* Rebel Soldier
* POTF Lando coin
* POTF Endor Luke coin
* POTF Stormie Luke coin
* Vehicle Maintenance Energizer (sans tools and hoses)
* Radar Laser Cannon x3
* Desert Sail Skiff x3
* ISP-6
* Rancor
* Darth Vader Carrying Case

That's as much as I can remember. To this day I'm rather bummed I somehow managed to keep the 3 POTF coins but not the figures themselves. Several of the figures came from finding $1 figs in 89 and 90 at an old mom & pop toy shop, the last things I can remember ever finding at retail. Good times, good times... So what about you, what dear toys do you still have?
« Last Edit: June 9, 2005, 05:53 AM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: What Vintage Do You Still Have From Your Childhood?
« Reply #1 on: June 8, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Well from my childhood I still have every figure. Back then the only figures i never had were Anakin, Yak Face, and Warok. So i still have them all.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I still have a blue snaggletooth and a Luke Stormtrooper.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2005, 12:25 PM »
The only vintage Star Wars figure that I owned (that was bought in a store) was 8D8 (his right arm broke off).  Other than that, I had a Dulok Shaman (his body "exploded" so I had to glue him back together).  :'(
 Every other vintage piece that I own I bought at flea markets in the early-mid '90's. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2005, 12:31 PM »
I had to sell my entire collection when I was 11.   :'(
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #5 on: June 8, 2005, 12:39 PM »
I had to sell my entire collection when I was 11.   :'(
Ouch!   :'(
I bought somebody's collection for $20 when I was 11 or 12  ;) (That was how I got my Slave I and Anakin figures  ;D)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2005, 05:55 AM »
wow not to have any of the toys from my childhood would be a bit disheartening. if i didnt still have these guys, i wouldnt be collecting today. i'm going to have to pull out some of the more broken pieces and put them on display when i have the room, just to show how i played with them as a kid.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2005, 11:04 AM »
I'm sure many of mine are buried in the garden of my childhood home...I should probably hit up the owners and see if they would let me dig it up.  Many were also destroyed/killed during the Joe wars. ;D

Still from childhood though, I have Leia poncho, my Biker scout (yellowed as can be and still on display), Lando skiff guard, Luke poncho, and Luke jedi.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2005, 12:45 PM »
I made a deal with my brother. I got all the Star Wars toys and my brother got all the Gi Joes and Transformers. We had a decent collection, but not everything. Minus the Blue snaggletooth, we had all figures up to, but not including POTF and about half the ships.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I'm sure many of mine are buried in the garden of my childhood home...I should probably hit up the owners and see if they would let me dig it up. 

I can see the headlines now... Little ol' lady looses garden to Star Wars archaeological dig.   :D
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 12:30 PM »
The single solitary surviving piece from my child hood is a Loose Warok with a yellow torso (but is otherwise in good shape).  He's still got the headdress and arrow pouch from when I was little, but he's missing his original bow.

I'm thinking about allowing that one figure to remain unmint in my set that I'm close to completing, just as a little homage to my childhood.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I'm thinking about allowing that one figure to remain unmint in my set that I'm close to completing, just as a little homage to my childhood.

What a great idea.   8)

I've been lucky to keep every single piece of Star Wars that I had as a kid.

I've got around 60 or 70 figures, as well as a number of ships: X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighter, AT-AT, AT-ST.  Of course, nearly every ship is missing at least one piece, and a number of figures are now "battle-damaged".  I managed to break the head off my Luke X-Wing Pilot, but managed to keep it to this day.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 05:01 PM »
My one and only figure from back in the day is my Boba Fett. Took him right off the card.  :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:54 PM »
wow not to have any of the toys from my childhood would be a bit disheartening. if i didnt still have these guys, i wouldnt be collecting today. i'm going to have to pull out some of the more broken pieces and put them on display when i have the room, just to show how i played with them as a kid.

Heh.  I never owned a single vintage star wars toy until about 2003.  As I've said here many times, I was just at the wrong age and heading out of toys.  At the time my interest would have been waning and the lines I was into at the time were Hot Wheels, vintage GI Joe 12" and some various space toys.  But girls and sports were the flavor of the day at the time.  Beer followed shortly after.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 03:54 AM »
Endor Soldier
B-Wing Pilot
Luke Jedi
Leia Boushh
AT-ST Driver
Lobot
IG-88
Darth Vader
Logray
animated Wicket

I managed to lose most of my favorites like R2, 3PO, Boba Fett, Han trenchcoat, and Chewbacca.
I didn't have any vehicles and only one playset, the Ewok Village, which I still have.

My Star Wars toys weren't as fortunate as my MOTU figures, all of which I still have, most of them with weapons.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk