Author Topic: Hallmark Star Wars  (Read 36421 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Hallmark Star Wars
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2003, 09:13 AM »
Are these available yet?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2003, 01:41 PM »
I believe you can order them in June or July? I will be ordering all of them. I have all the ones released thus far.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2003, 05:11 PM »
now THAT is a muppet...

::)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2003, 06:44 PM »
I've gotta have all of those, except maybe the Clone Troopers. I have not been as obsessive with First Trilogy collectibles as I have been with Second Trilogy.  I wish they still did ornaments at Easter; they only ever had a couple then dropped that line.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2003, 10:54 AM »
Hallmark is taking orders for them now. I ordered X1 of each.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2003, 10:56 PM »
What's it like in the states?  By that I mean, are these only available direct and from Hallmark stores?  The latter is the only place I believe we can get these in Canada.  Additionally, retail is a bit of a "female dog" up here.  Not because the stuff isn't available just the pricing.  Death Star last year ran $31 plus 14% tax so kinda steep.

Boxing day, prices are half, so it's a bit of a crap shoot on this stuff.  If I know I'll be dragged to the mall boxing day, I watch the stock and see what is likely to remain.  If it is getting low in numbers and I really want it, I'll purchase it (eg. death star).  If not, I'll wait.  I missed out on Jedi Luke this year, but was fortunate enough to get Jango's Slave I for 1/2 off, so good deal.  

The only thing I really want out of that group is the Tie.  I can almost see why the older Yoda is selling for more on ebay.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2003, 03:01 PM »
I'll be getting the Tie Fighter and C-3PO, as I only collect the OT stuff when it comes to the Hallmark Ornaments.  As for where you can find this stuff in the States, obviously on Hallmark's website, and in the many Hallmark stores in the malls.  But I also frequently see the Hallmark ornament displays in many drug stores too, like Sav-On, etc.  The prices are always exactly what is printed on the box.

Good stuff!

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2003, 01:50 AM »
I've had better luck in the out-of-the-mall Hallmark shops the day after Christmas - they don't get as much traffic as the mall stores, so they tend to have the ones left that I want.  It's also a great time to pick up a few extras for gifts/trading.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2003, 09:44 AM »
It's nice picking these up after Christams has ended, because they're usually like 50% off the regular price.  But then again, you might not find any of these in stock then.
dustrho

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2003, 04:09 PM »
I thought I'd bring this back up, because I've been thinking about getting into these as well.  I did see the new C-3PO one this past weekend while shopping, although I didn't pick it up.  I found Angry Ewok's article helpful, because I was curious what has all been released so far.  Is there anywhere to see pictures of all of these ornaments, or is just searching on ebay the best option for this?  Also, would it be really difficult (or expensive) to catch up on these (Original Trilogy releases only).  Thanks for the info you have all provided on these ornaments too :).

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2003, 04:58 PM »
Here is what all the ornaments look like in one of my display cases.

Vehicle Ornaments

Character Ornaments and Riddle Mini Helmets

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2003, 07:01 PM »
Wow David, that is a great way to display them!!  I just hang mine on my SW tree!! ;D

I do, however, have the lunchboxes out permanently as they go well with the lager ones Hallmark offered at one time.

I can't say how easy or hard it would be.  I know in the past, it's easier to catch up on missed Garfield ornaments (I have a lot of Christmas trees) now as a lot of sellers seem to flood the market with ornaments.  Just keep checking Ebay or post in the classifieds.  You never know, someone might have picked up extra ones after Christmas since they are 50% off.  
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2003, 08:07 PM »
David, I've always been impressed with the way you have your display setup.  Great job on the ornaments!
dustrho

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2003, 10:10 AM »
Nice display David, I really appreciate you posting those pictures.  Thanks for the advice as well everyone, I've been keeping an eye on ebay, for the most part they don't seem to be too terribly expensive, maybe I'll be able to pick some up eventually.  It would be nice to at least get Han, Chewie, and the Falcon :).  Thanks again everyone!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2003, 11:56 PM »
small piece of advice:

If you don't snag some soon off ebay, stop looking for about 4 months.  I got into these late and slowly fill in the gaps.  The two months on either side of Christmas are nutty-koo-koo.  A stormtrooper can be had for less than $10 during spring and summer, rising to $20+ pre-Christmas.  Don't even ask what happens to the Falcon :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.