Author Topic: Hallmark Star Wars  (Read 36413 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Hallmark Star Wars
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 10:31 PM »
Does anyone know what the difficulty is in finding the Hallmark ornaments of the see-through movie posters for the SW series?  I've gotten one of the posters and I'm hooked on these ones but just wondering if I'm getting into something really pricey.  :-\

I'd definately recommend the see-thru movie posters, as none of the pictures serve them justice.

As far as the rest of Hallmark's ornaments... these things get to be extremelly pricey, but if you're allowed to have a Star Wars tree for just these ornaments... you'll be glad you got into it. Some of the 'midget' ornaments are a complete waste, though, and some of the bigger ones are too heavy to put on your tree...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: September 7, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Are there ornies for ESB and ROTJ movie posters Brad?  I only ever see ANH on Ebay, and I have ANH, but if they have the other films I'd like them as well, they're fantastic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: September 7, 2006, 05:15 PM »
Are there ornies for ESB and ROTJ movie posters Brad?  I only ever see ANH on Ebay, and I have ANH, but if they have the other films I'd like them as well, they're fantastic.

Just ANH.

Brad's Hallmark Checklist

No other posters subsequent to '04 either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: September 9, 2006, 02:18 AM »
Ah that helps, thanks Matt.  I've been searching for essentially nothing.  Now I just need to get the lunch boxes, those are cool too.  And the snowglobes which cost an arm and a leg. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2007, 10:20 AM »
JediInsider has a look at the Hallmark Ornaments hitting later this year.

"A Jedi Legacy Revealed" - ANH 30th Anniversary
R2-D2 with Jawa
"The Adventure Begins" - ANH 30th Anniversary

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 02:41 AM »
nice jawa!. are these for X mas?...
He's no good to me open

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Thanks for the link. Of course, I'll have to pick these up when they come out.
Hallmark typically releases most of their new ornaments in July, then the rest
around October. They may have a "Dream Book" available in stores now that
pictures all the new ornaments for 2007.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2007, 10:47 PM »
I'll be on the lookout for those. I've got a bunch of them as gifts from the wife. I just have the Stormtrooper, Chewbacca (w/ C3PO), R2D2, Han Solo (ANH), Princess Leia (ANH), and Darth Vader from years past...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2008, 01:41 AM »
I was bought the two electronic ornaments from this year on clearance by my gf...  For like $18 I got what would've cost $60 at full price...  Blah!  Can't beat that kind of deal.  My Hallmark store had a surprising number of these, but none of the other ones.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Here's a link to the page with the four Star Wars onaments that will be offered this year.

Link here

They have the Tyderium, the Emperor on his throne from ROTJ, Luke and Vader fighting in front of a Death Star window, and a mini set featuring the Death Star and a Star Destroyer.

There's also an Indiana Jones figure this year, in case your interest crosses to all things Lucasfilm.

edit - just fixed the broken link
« Last Edit: June 1, 2008, 07:12 PM by JesseVader08 »
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 1, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Neat, there's definitely an imperial theme this year.  Vader and Luke would be neat, although Vader looks a little thin.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 2, 2008, 12:30 AM »
Blasphemous though it may be, I'm digging the Trek ornaments too.  Really liking the SW ones though, great lineup.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #72 on: June 2, 2008, 11:55 PM »
My husband is speculating that the Vader might be a bobblehead. In the photo it just looks like he has a really long goose neck.
The Tyderium is my favorite from this year, I think. I like the minis, too.
I picked up my Dreambook at the Hallmark store -- they are already taking ornament reservations from collectors.
Speaking of Trek, the Reliant has always been a popular ship; it'll probably go fast. The communicator is cool, too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: June 3, 2008, 03:15 AM »
I like the Tyderium as well and will likely ask for that for Christmas...  Love Palpatine as well, but the Luke/Vader, while I love the scene, I'm not digging Vader's looks and so may wait to try and get it on clearance.  Tyderium's my favorite though and what I think I'll ask for.

Though, all 3 of these may readily be available after Christmas...  not the best lineup they've done for Star Wars.

The Tribles set for Trek is awesome.  :)  I like Trek, no blasphemy there, but they don't do a lot of TNG stuff which is my favorite show (DS9 too).

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 3, 2008, 07:22 AM »
I am guessing the Palpatine is probably the series ornament.  I wonder if they are going to do first day of release exclusives like they did last year.  I had to go to multiple Halmarks to get both the Tusken and Uhura last year.  I guess these might be coming out pretty soon.  Didn't we see a debut in July last year?