Author Topic: Hallmark Star Wars  (Read 36411 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Hallmark Star Wars
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2005, 03:07 PM »
The Hallmark store across the street from me is sold out.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2005, 03:17 PM »
If they're still around, they should be on massive clearance right now. 

Unbelievably our local Hallmark stores are refusing to put these on sale.  They've now designated them as Collectibles and charge full, obscene Canadian price on them.  I could find them for you Matt, but you'd laugh at the prices.  Suffice to say I'm more than a little miffed by this.  I went in to pick up Chewie/3PO and put it on the counter.  The girl (wisely) indicated they were not on sale before ringing it in.  She gave the explanation and it was clear she had done so before.  I thanked her and passed on it, telling her (politely) I could get it off ebay, shipped, for considerably less.  And I will in time. 

Not to jump Matt's post, but if anyone sees that Chewie/3PO for cheap, I could use it.  No matter though, I'll get it one way or another. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Red boxes, eh.  Cool.  That's what I figured.  Thanks Dale.

And Brent, yeah, I think I'll try to find some that are domestic, and on clearance right now so I can save a few bucks.  Brian might be able to find the SD for me, we'll see...

As for the Chewie set, I haven't seen that anywhere either (to help you out Brent), but my aunt did hook me up with that one at least...

Maybe I should take a peek on eBay.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2005, 04:25 PM »
What does any of that stuff have to do with Crapmas? Cristmas, I mean...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Although it is sort of taking a back seat this weekend due to Comic Con, I remembered this report mentioning that there is a "preview" of the Hallmark ornaments this Saturday and Sunday...supposedly you will be able to purchase them.  Does this happen every year?  I guess I haven't really paid attention in the past.  Might have to head out to the local Hallmark store and see, it would be nice to pick these up now during a bit of a collecting "lull"...and not so close to Christmas with all that spending.  Just curious if anyone else had heard anything about this.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Happens every year.  Hallmark premiers their Christmas line up in July and my Mother orders all her ornaments at that time.  Not every ornament is available to see but you can place your order so you can be assured of getting one.  About 10 years back or so, my Mom was smart enough to do this for a Barbie ornament (they sold out of their allocated stock before it even hit the shelf) so my daughter could keep up her collection.

Star Wars usually has at least two to show but with a movie year, they might have them all.
Beth

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2005, 10:04 PM »
Couple of the Hallmarks here had Darth Vader as a special guest today, lol.
I didn`t get to go, but I have to get me the falcon set.
I usually wait, cause everyone at work knows I like SW and get some for me,
cause when they get me figures I have them already  :D
Adam

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2005, 09:51 AM »
While at the mall this weekend, I stopped off at the Hallmark store to see if they had the ornaments out.  They had plenty of about everything.  I picked up the new Darth Vader (with sounds), but left the Leia for now.  My wife said "we're not hanging naked Leia on our Christmas tree" ;).  I told her we didn't have to, but I might want to pick it up later on to have a "complete" set of the figure ornaments (once I go back and pick up the old ones that is :P).  The Vader is pretty spiffy.  They had the blue clone and Anakin's starfighter there as well, but I think I'll stick to OT with these for now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2006, 04:13 PM »
The latest and greatest in Hallmark Ornaments is up on our front page...

Clicky Button for our story.

The AT-AT is my favorite of the lot...  That's just good ornamenting there.

The Obi/Ani is my next favorite, but honestly all 3 film ones would be welcomed in my collection.  The Cartoon minis is about as interesting to me as paste though so I'm hoping I don't get them...  I tend to find these under the X-Mas tree every year.  The AT-AT is THE must-have of this series though.  That's purdy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2006, 09:01 PM »
Saw these new 2006 Ornaments today at my local Hallmark. The CW Animated one looked great, as did the Dagobah Luke w/ Yoda.

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2006, 12:33 PM »
They are in white boxes though this year which makes them look kinda odd next to previous years.  All the ornaments have these white boxes.  Here's pics

Here's some better pics of them loose i took and of the anakin/obiwan lit up with a brief description
http://p4.forumforfree.com/hi-res-pics-of-2006-hallmark-ornaments-vt1476-thecave.html

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2006, 10:57 PM »
If you have a Hallmark Gold Crown card (free membership) you get extra points for buying ornaments on premiere weekend. Which earns you gift certificates for buying more ornaments, or Christmas cards, or whatever.

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2006, 03:39 AM »
Does anyone know what the difficulty is in finding the Hallmark ornaments of the see-through movie posters for the SW series?  I've gotten one of the posters and I'm hooked on these ones but just wondering if I'm getting into something really pricey.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2006, 10:18 PM »
Those sound pretty cool Jesse.  I've never collected the Hallmark ornaments, but the posters sound like a neat collectible to have year-round.  When were they released?