Author Topic: Hallmark Star Wars  (Read 36502 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hallmark Star Wars
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Did anyone have any luck finding those Limited Edition ornaments the last couple of years?  Our closest Hallmark store closed this past year, so I didn't get to the other one (other side of town) until a couple weeks ago really - but I never saw the Royal Guard and/or this year's Greedo at all.  In fact, the regular Han Stormtrooper one this year was sold out at our only store in town as well (my parents found it where they live though).

I still have some backtracking to do, but I'm hoping to eventually just keep up with the OT ornaments in the "series", since that is only one a year - and then maybe working on the one major vehicle one each year.  I've decided to stick to OT only with these, although some of the PT look kind of neat too.  I think I'll need a larger tree to display them in our basement before too long though, since there are so many to keep up with anymore.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2009, 11:09 AM »
Luckily my mom works part time for Hallmark and she's been able to reserve/score the HTF ones for me and for a few friends, otherwise I'd have never seen those.

Last night in fact I went through all of the ones I have and it seems I'm still in need of a few:

1998 SW Lunchbox
2000 Darth Maul
2000 Qui-Gon Jinn
2000 Gungan Sub
2001 ESB Lunchbox/Thermos
2009 Clone Troopers (SDCC exclusive)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:13 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2009, 07:07 AM »
Picked up the "A Deadly Duel" set for 70% off at Kohl's yesterday. It still cost $13, but I love that scene (which I can't say for a lot of scenes from TPM).
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46 AM »
Local Hallmark was 40% off last week, so I'm stopping in tomorrow to see what they are this week.  I'd like the Maul/QGJ/OW set, the Indy set, and a couple other for custom figure stuff if I can get them at uber discounts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: January 4, 2010, 08:03 PM »
60% off this week...  All Maul/QGJ/Obi sets are gone though. :(  I missed it.  Not a big deal, but I would've enjoyed it for clearance prices so I'll live or get one cheap at the toy show maybe.

Robby the Robot all gone...  WTF?  I wanted one for customizing.   >:(

Ironically, Indiana JOnes there in semi-abundance (5 maybe), so I bought two.  The base is figure-sized guys, so that's a neat little display with an Indy figure you may have lying around. ;)

Landspeeders were still there too but I got one at 50% so I'm happy with that.

Also had Emperor sets around, and that chair is also figure sized guys, and far superior to the Hasbro one from the POTF2 line.  The figure prys out with some difficulty and leaves a sort of hole in the seat's cushioning, but an Emperor figure in it looks sharp as hell.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #95 on: January 4, 2010, 09:46 PM »
They had an Emperor ornament from 2008?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 5, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on the 60% off Jesse.  Hopefully I can hit our local Hallmark store this week/weekend to see if there is anything left.  I was there last weekend, and it was 40%, so I thought I would wait it out a bit longer.  I was able to get ornaments last year at 75%, but that store has since closed, and I'm not sure how long I'll wait this one out.  I was sort of hoping to pick up the Landspeeder, the Indy ornament, and possibly the Phantom Menace one.  I have pretty much stuck to OT only with the SW ornaments, but that one does look pretty cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: January 5, 2010, 04:03 PM »
They had an Emperor ornament from 2008?

I thought it was '08?  Maybe '07?  Whatever year he was out in the chair...  My store had a bunch of them for some reason.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #98 on: January 5, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Weird. I definitely would have grabbed an extra for the chair portion.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: January 5, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Do you want me to look for one for you Jay?  I don't know why my store has them, but I was considering a 2nd for myself to give Thrawn a throne too.  My Palps is in his chair, I'll try snapping pics for sharing at some point.  He looks bitchin' in it.

Getting Indy off his base isn't terribly easy, so caution to everyone trying that.  Mine's right foot was pretty solidly glued into the holes.  His left foot popped easily.  

LMK if you want me to try nabbing an Emperor for you...  I'll see what's available.  I'm guessing they just are old stock they wouldn't put on too deep a discount.

« Last Edit: January 5, 2010, 09:12 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #100 on: January 5, 2010, 09:27 PM »
If it isn't too much trouble, that'd be great.  8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: January 5, 2010, 09:40 PM »
I'll see what I can do, and I'll PM you about it as soon as I find anything.  I won't be down till Friday just so you know.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 7, 2010, 11:28 AM »
It's funny, but our Hallmark stores won't put anything that is in a "Series" on sale, as I indicated in the Indy thread in response to Jesse.  The Star Wars (and Harley Davidson and some others) all fall into the Series category as denoted on the box, so those never go on sale around me.  The Indy, some Marvel stuff, Star Trek, Looney Tunes and just about everything else does go on sale. 

So I was able to pick up the Indy ornament for half off and my wife already got me the Robby the Robot ornament for Christmas.  There were a few Emperor ornaments about but distinctly not on sale.  I'll happily live without it. 

Oh, one store had the slave Leia ornament for $1.00.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 7, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Last night in fact I went through all of the ones I have and it seems I'm still in need of a few:

2009 Clone Troopers (SDCC exclusive)

PM sent!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2011, 11:22 PM »
2011 Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments

I don't buy too many of these, but I think I may pick up that Han vs. Greedo booth for the Han focus shelf... ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender