Author Topic: It's The End of the World As We Know It  (Read 15003 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: It's The End of the World As We Know It
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2008, 02:50 PM »
During, before, and after.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2008, 10:32 AM »
Just because the Christmas season seems to get earlier and earlier we now have to be anti-boob?   :-\

It's ALWAYS the season for that! lol
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2013, 12:52 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2013, 02:32 PM »
I'm good with all things other than putting up my Christmas lights.  I was going to put them up back in October when it was warm, but I thought about you Matt so I waited.  I put them up last weekend, which is still too early by this edict but **** it.  It was cold and windy when I did it last weekend and thank goodness because it snowed three inches last night.  I'd like to wait, really I would, but it's too ******* cold where I live.  Next year they go on the house in October.  At least anything that requires a ladder or me climbing on the roof. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2013, 12:29 AM »
I see Matt also frequents Reddit. :-* Expect that pic to be all over Facebook in a week.

And FWIW I got a membership to Costco in early October and they had Christmas stuff out then.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Well if you move Christmas into October, you can have a great Nightmare before Christmas display to scare all of the trick or treaters. Besides, your Halloween tree is up already. Why take it down and put it back up in a few weeks?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2013, 10:49 AM »
I saw some workmen putting up Christmas lights in midtown Manhattan last month, at least a week before Halloween.  I had to restrain myself from yelling at them to just knock it the f*ck off, and let it be fall for the time being.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Next year they go on the house in October.  At least anything that requires a ladder or me climbing on the roof.

We're about a month behind you weather wise, but yeah.  Early is better.  This past weekend about half of the new neighborhood was out either measuring their new house for lights or putting them up.  I'm still in the pre-planning stage, but hope they go up this week.

And FWIW I got a membership to Costco in early October and they had Christmas stuff out then.

FWIW, I have a membership to Costco and I bought some of their Christmas stuff in late October.   :-[ 

We recycled our 12-year old outdoor lights when we moved (they were on their last legs anyway), so I picked up brand new LED outdoor lights for the new house...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2014, 12:06 PM »
Well, I did my part in ruining society by putting my outdoor Christmas lights up yesterday.  I haven't set the timer to turn them on yet, but I did put them up on the house. 

And glad I did because we're looking at 6"-14" of snow over the next 48 hours and trying to get on that ladder in the icy snow and cold to put them up sucks..  :-\

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2014, 01:11 PM »
I see no problem in putting up Christmas lights now, or earlier for the northern states and Canada that get hit by snow early in the year.  I wouldn't want to do it in the snow.  Now, if you are turning them on in October or early November...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2014, 01:25 PM »
At least you took them down.  Our neighbors left them up an entire year a couple of years back.  By August I just considered them ahead of the curve.  ::)

Another reason why we moved to a new house.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2014, 03:59 AM »
If it's warm and you live someplace cold, no biggie to me.  Leaving them up all year is akin to a couch on your front porch.

I'm getting at least everything down from the garage space tomorrow I think.  We're lucking out where this polar dip isn't getting us, and just by a pube, so I'm scared enough to get things down.  I don't go up on a ladder to put anything up here.  Now Diane's house, that's another story.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Took advantage of the nice weather here (55oF on Sunday) to put up (but not plug in yet) the outdoor Christmas lights.  I refuse to turn them on until Thansgiving night, but I do so love putting them up without the ice and snow and cold blowing in my face...  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Next weekend they're saying 40's here, so I'm going to take the time to clean out the garage so I can actually work in it this winter, and get the gf's decorations up and put away the glider and such.  Last weekend was spent fixing a pick-up, seeing the oldest's last game of the season unless they get a bowl, and then using the now fixed pick-up to pick up a new fridge.  Fun.  But at least fun in warm-ish weather.  I think lights are going up next weekend too.  Piss on the cold when it arrives.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:16 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77