Author Topic: Happy for the "Slow Down"?  (Read 9033 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Happy for the "Slow Down"?
« Reply #30 on: August 2, 2005, 04:40 PM »
It's nice to have the slow down so I don't spend so much on figures, but I wish I could have got my #50 Ani first, along with the 3 other figures that I really want. Then I could relax and wait for the later shipments. Unfortunately, the later waves are slow to pop up around here in the TCs, or at least on the west side... seems like the east siders get all the good stuff first!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 2, 2005, 05:32 PM »
Well, as I said in another thread, the retailers near me have not restocked the pegs with a case of new figures (as in figures that have been released since April 2nd) since June 14, when a local WM put out a second case of the Tarkin wave (two days after they put out the first case of them).  Target restocked with the army builder case of 41-44, but other than that, it's just been more Collection 1 1-12, 25-28, and 33-36. 

I keep reading all these reports of 10 cases of the Pilot Obi-Wan wave showing up all over the place, and the Clones being easier to find than anticipated, and although I'm glad you guys are finding them without much problem, it makes all those trips to Target and Wal-Mart even more depressing when I walk out emptyhanded.  Between the Unleashed preorder debacle with Amazon, the lack of new figures at retail, and the rising gas prices, my collecting morale is pretty damned low right now.   :'(

Offline TheBlackDog

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 2, 2005, 09:24 PM »
I will welcome this break until Commander Bly, Gree, and the 501st show up, and the Jedi Temple Assult from Kmart. That and the Clone Evolutions. I am undecided on the Sith Evolutions, though a good friend of mine said it will be nice to have an Emperor who has lightning coming out of his fingertips and not his sleeves for once.
" . . . (we are ) too engrossed in thinking of everything as a preparation or training or making one fit -- for what? At any minute it is what we are and are doing, not what we plan to be and do that

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: August 3, 2005, 02:23 AM »
I'm the same as you Dr. Padawan.  we're not in a slowdown, we're at a standstill.

Anything new's been gobbled up...  LOTS of new stuff at the toy show last weekend here, but nothing on store pegs.  I went to an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart tonight that I hit often since it's not too far from me, and it hasn't restocked in ages except for some Deluxe which is what I had on Layaway up there...  So I go to get the layaway, and they have NOTHING new since the last time I was there.  Nada.

I got my Layaway of Deluxes and went home...  Lots of great figures, none out there though.  Seems that retail's just so gunshy from past experiences with Hasbro and movie-based releases...  They just seemingly bailed on Hasbro though and there's these huge dead spots of no product to many areas.  Very weird considering that in 2002 or 1999 the shelves were CLOGGED right about now and we'd all be bitching about the attrocious case assortments. 

We still bitch about that, and it's still warranted, but it seems now the past is biting the line in the ass somewhat.  Hopefully we see new stuff out in force here soon.  I want that Obi-Wan Pilot figure NOW.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 3, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Its very much the same here, although I will say I was fortunate enough to find the Antilles wave last weekend at Target.  Wal-Mart hasn't had anything new in ages, and I don't see that they will have the space for it anytime soon (the usual pegwarmers are there in en masse).  I really want to find that Obi-Wan Pilot figure, as well as the Anakin Evolutions set, but no signs of that around here yet.  That, along with the various Clones (Evolutions, Red Shocktrooper, "Final 12" versions) are really what I'm looking for the rest of the year at this point.  Then I think I'll be ready for some new OT stuff :).  Target has been the only retailer with anything new around here lately, Wal-Mart and TRU are basically choking on the same stuff for quite awhile now.  The same thing also happened to my Unleashed preorder through Amazon, I haven't heard anything from them and they're still "shipping" in June.  Except its...August.  I'm not counting on them showing up.  I guess I could live without them if I never found them, since I usually stick to the OT ones in this line, but I'd pick them up if I found them.  I'm worried about the Han Stormtrooper one upcoming though, I'd really like to get that one.  Anyways, I'm happy for the slow down overall, but at this point I'm ready for a few more things to show up.  The overall pace of figures, and sheer amount of stuff out there to get, should be much better from now on.  Not quite as big of a "push" anymore, and that is alright with me.  I'm sort of ready for the nice "year after movie" collector year ;).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #35 on: August 3, 2005, 10:35 AM »
I lucked out the other day at KB of all places.  They had the Pilot Obi-Wan wave, and the Mustafar Anikin wave.  Ani was the only figure that was gone.  It was nice to get 5 new figures in one day.  I have yet to see Tarkin, or the Zukusa wave.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 4, 2005, 10:39 AM »
Seems to me that the slowdown is coming to and end. Stuff seems to be hitting and if it's not hitting hard in some areas, it's on the verge. In fact, I think too much is hitting at once as my wallet is taking a bit of a beating already. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: August 4, 2005, 03:40 PM »
I'm not happy anymore, that's for sure.  I know some places are seeing more product right now, but not here in Iowa.  Good lord, it's dry as a bone.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 4, 2005, 05:42 PM »
After today's unsuccessful trips around the surrounding areas only to find the same figures I saw the other day staring back at me, I've pretty much given up making special trips for this stuff.  I've always prided myself on being a patient person, but the whole collecting "hunt" is getting on my last damned nerve right now. 

Already this year, I've cut back on collecting and cleared a bunch of stuff out.  I've gone further and said that I will no longer be a completist.  Now, I'm swearing off these fruitless trips to the local retailers; if I find them, I'll get them, but I'm not going out of my way on the chance that I might find Captain Antilles with a bent card hidden behind the towels in Target.

Collecting the ROTS line went from "fun" to "suck" in four months.  Way to go retail and Hasbro!   :P