Author Topic: Displaying Film Cels?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Displaying Film Cels?
« on: March 27, 2003, 11:44 PM »
I've got one or maybe even two Star Wars film cels headed my way real soon, so I was wondering how any of you have your cels on display? I dunno if I could rig up a little light or something, or even if I should, I'm sorta afraid if I rig a light behind them that the cels will fade.  :-\

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Displaying Film Cels?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 12:02 PM »
I have a couple of those officiall released film cells from a few years back. I have just left them in their little plastic case. I have three different sets from the E1 VHS release. I just keep those in the box that they came in with the video.

As for film cells to display do you know about the Litho's that have a film cell with them? I have a few of these packed away. Anyways they have the film cell in the frame and there is a little button you can push to light up the cell. When you let go of the button the light goes out. You could rig up a frame with a button so you can light it up when you want to look at the cells.

That is what  I would do. I am sure that there are more ways to display them but none of those ideas have come to mind.
Well, I hope that helps.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying Film Cels?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 03:12 AM »
I'm curious.  Well, that's obvious, but which cells did y'all get with your EP1 VHS?  I got a shot of the crowd at the podraces.  My buddy got a crappy shot of the Infiltrator landing (I think???).
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist