Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84491 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #135 on: May 8, 2005, 06:02 PM »
If you haven't been into your local Best Buy recently, you might want to swing in and do some snooping around. Most (not all) Best Buys are carrying the FX Anakin (EP3) and Darth Vader (EP5) FX Lightsabers. Each are $120, and they are also carrying the .45 scale as well.

Gamestops are your cheapest bets folks.  They are selling the Vader and Anakin at $99 and some are receiving the Mace as well for the same price.

Anyone know if the Green Luke will be re-released?  Do any sites out there still have any of these available?  The aftermarket prices suck. 

Does anyone know which is next in the line?  Ive heard Maul, which would not interest me. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 8, 2005, 09:35 PM »
I've done about 20 pages worth of google searching for the Luke F/X ROTJ saber and no joy. It might be out there, but I haven't found it.  That would be the third saber I'd like to get, a green version.  That would leave only a blue saber to choose and there would be three choices for that - two Anakin and one Luke, but I think that first Anakin has gone up in price on the secondary market as well.  I'd probably opt for the newest Anakin version.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 9, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I really haven't heard too many good things about the Luke ROTJ F/X saber.  I assume you just want it from a completist standpoint?  Personally, the Luke ESB saber is outstanding.  It's just before the new design (where they are lighter and more accurate to scale), but the light up is excellent!

I'm not used to being such a newbie on message boards.   8)  When can I get a better color lightsaber?   ???

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 9, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Now I think the Luke ROTJ saber is just about perfect.  The weight of the saber is more balanced than the other three (but that's just me) and I can manuver it a lot easier (former band majorette so I have a lot of fun with this thing).  The blade color is decent and the only thing that would improve it is "power up" lighting.

PS:  Did you get your two sabers yet Morgbug??

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 9, 2005, 04:54 PM »
I really haven't heard too many good things about the Luke ROTJ F/X saber.  I assume you just want it from a completist standpoint?  Personally, the Luke ESB saber is outstanding.  It's just before the new design (where they are lighter and more accurate to scale), but the light up is excellent!

I'm not used to being such a newbie on message boards.   8)  When can I get a better color lightsaber?   ???

In answer to your second question first:
     0 - 99          Jedi Apprentice
   100 - 999        Jedi Knight
 1,000 - 2,499    Jedi Master
 2,500 - 7,499    Jedi Council
 7,500 +              Yoda

Only need to hit 100 for the loss of the hideous yellow saber ;)  And by the way, welcome :)

In response to your first question, nope, not a completeist (blasphemy, I know).  Just that I want one FX of each colour and that is the only available green saber.  I'm a bit of an OT purist (but obviously not completely given I want an FX Windu) so I'd rather have a Luke saber than say if they came out with a Qui-Gon saber.  I could live with the latter, but prefer the former.

PS: Did you get your two sabers yet Morgbug??

I emailed Jeff, but perhaps not in time.  The Mace saber is showing out of stock :'(  Haven't heard back yet but I did drop your name ;)  Hopefully he'll still have one kicking around as the only other place I've found it online is Collector's Gallery for $119 plus shipping.  A bit of a price difference there. 

I know Gamestop carries them, but the closest one is 2.5 hours away by car, so it's not a practical drive as that would eat up most of a tank of gas anyway.  Maybe I'll just become a selective OT purist and leave it at that.

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 9, 2005, 07:31 PM »
Only need to hit 100 for the loss of the hideous yellow saber ;) And by the way, welcome :)

Thanks bro!  Good to be here.  Looking forward to tihs.  :)

In response to your first question, nope, not a completeist (blasphemy, I know). Just that I want one FX of each colour and that is the only available green saber. I'm a bit of an OT purist (but obviously not completely given I want an FX Windu) so I'd rather have a Luke saber than say if they came out with a Qui-Gon saber. I could live with the latter, but prefer the former.

I fon't know if you are familliar with this site, but I have gotten a lot of Master Replica stuff from them.  They have the Mace F/X saber available for pre-order.  Good luck! 
http://www.bigtimecomics.com/Master%20Replica%20Star%20Wars.htm

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 9, 2005, 10:02 PM »
The last Luke ROTJ saber I saw on eBay was at 550 bucks and counting!  That was just after C3.  I don't like the fact the hilt is thicker than the movie version, which is obviously due to the blade.  Having the Anakin Ep.III saber will allow me to pass on the ESB Luke, but I may get a new/improved Windu when they hit.  I absolutely love my Anakin and ESB Vader sabers.  My nephew and I battle with them all the time. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2005, 01:23 PM »
I got a response from The Saber Vault and I'm essentially on a list for the Mace Saber.  He's at the point where he wants to be sure about the alotment from MR, so he's being sensibly cautious, I can respect that.  More may come available later this month and if so, I'll get it from Jeff on that site.

Jedidz23,
Thanks for that link.  It may prove to be very, very useful.  There are some nice prices on that site.  If only I had more money :-\

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2005, 02:33 PM »
No problem Morgbug!  That site has gotten me a lot of the minis. 

Has anyone noticed that Target is offering the Yoda mini only on their web site?  Not only did I not know this was coming out so soon, but I didn't know it would be an exclusive.  It is not on the Master Replica web site.  Anyone have any information on this?

Can you spell check on these boards?   ???
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 02:34 PM by Jedidz23 »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Has anyone noticed that Target is offering the Yoda mini only on their web site?  Not only did I not know this was coming out so soon, but I didn't know it would be an exclusive.  It is not on the Master Replica web site.  Anyone have any information on this?

I don't think it's an exclusive.  At least no rep from MR at C3 mentioned that.  It is so cute (if a lightsaber can be cute??).  I saw it at C3 and just loved it.  As for MR's web site, well, that is a work in progress and I see more new products usually at other sites before MR puts 'em up.

Can you spell check on these boards?   ???
No, I guess that's why we have the modify button ;). (I wish we could though, my fingers type faster than my brain can spell).

If anyone uses/owns a Star Wars credit card, you can get a free ROTS Anakin mini for 8400 points. 
Beth

Offline Darth Revan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2005, 06:16 PM »
they had those at are gamestop for 100$ a piece.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 13, 2005, 09:18 AM »
I have told the Mrs. for awhile now that I would like to get one of these, and she is talking about it for a birthday present this summer possibly.  It is an awful lot of money, but I guess it could be my one "high end" collectible :).  I was curious, on MR's site, it lists the Anakin (ROTS), Vader, as well as a Luke (ESB) saber "coming this summer".  I think if I chose just one, I'd sooner go with a Luke saber, just more of a connection to the OT.  Is that saber indeed coming this summer, and if so, does anyone know exactly when?  Also, is there a better place to order from than MR's site?  I have seen them at Wal-Mart.com, Target.com, as well as SWShop all for cheaper prices, although I think they only have the Anakin saber from what I have seen.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2005, 10:20 AM »
Also, is there a better place to order from than MR's site?  I have seen them at Wal-Mart.com, Target.com, as well as SWShop all for cheaper prices, although I think they only have the Anakin saber from what I have seen.

I would check some retail in your area.  It makes things convenient if you have to return. These will be hitting more local stores come this summer.  I have seen them at local Walmarts, TRU, Gamestop, Borders and Walden Books.  Also have seen them at Comic shops.  I believe Spencers Gifts may of had them as well. 

As far as the Luke saber, it is the next to be releaesed.  Dont know why they did not re-release Lukes ROTJ saber.  Still keeping my fingers crossed since I would like one of each color.  This will make the 3rd Blue Saber released.  BTW, if anyone is still thinking of the re-release Mace saber, go for it.  I said earlier that some Gamestops will be receiving limited stock and they definitely will go quick.  The unique color makes it worth it. 

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I picked up my MR Vader FX saber at Meijer on clearance for $119 not too long ago.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2005, 12:14 PM »
I was curious, on MR's site, it lists the Anakin (ROTS), Vader, as well as a Luke (ESB) saber "coming this summer".  I think if I chose just one, I'd sooner go with a Luke saber, just more of a connection to the OT.  Is that saber indeed coming this summer, and if so, does anyone know exactly when?  Also, is there a better place to order from than MR's site? 

I have the Luke ESB F/X saber, and it is a thing of beauty!  It lights up and powers off just as the new ones do, but is a bit bigger and bulkier, due to requiring 6 batteries (instead of 3, as the new Vader ESB and Anakin ROTS do).  It is my favorite saber design, and has the most sentimental value for me, so I went with it.  In retrospect, I would probably still go for Luke's, even though Anakin's is pretty simillar, but closer in size to an "actual" lightsaber. 

Basically, even though Luke's is newer, it is still bigger than the new generation F/X sabers (the Anakin and Vader sabers  mentioned previously), but still has the new generation sounds and light up features.  For my money, there was no other choice!   ;D