Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 85065 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #360 on: July 7, 2006, 05:16 PM »
By now, you've most likely heard that Master Replicas has added a new exclusive for the 2006 San Diego Comic Con - the Darth Maul Double Bladed Force FX Lightsaber Signature Edition, signed by Darth Maul himself, Ray Park. Ray cannot attend Comic Con, but, well, let's let him tell you in his own words:

"Due to a work commitment, I will not be able to attend this year's San Diego Comic-Con. Even though I will not be at the in person, the good people at Master Replicas have provided a way for me to be there in spirit - with this very limited Signature Edition Darth Maul Double Bladed FX Lightsaber. I have always enjoyed working with Master Replicas and the new Darth Maul FX Lightsaber is brilliant. I am honoured to be involved in the creation of their first ever Signature Edition FX Lightsaber and I hope you will enjoy adding it to your collection."

-Ray Park

The Darth Maul Double Bladed Force FX Lightsaber Signature Edition is strictly limited to 500 pieces worldwide, and will be sold on a first-come/first-serve basis at Comic Con. For $300, you will receive the Darth Maul Double Bladed Force FX Lightsaber, the Limited Edition plaque signed by the one-and-only Ray Park, and a certificate of authenticity from Master Replicas! But fear not, Collectors Society members.for those of you unable to attend the show (or for those of you who do not want to risk missing out on this very rare exclusive), we will make a predetermined allotment of the Darth Maul Double Bladed Force FX Lightsaber Signature Editions available to you through the Collectors Society beginning at 9 am PST on Tuesday, July 11th.

The exclusive will remain on sale until Thursday, July 13th or until the predetermined allotment has been sold out!

Not only is this the first ever MR Signature Edition Force FX Lightsaber, but it's also one of the smallest limited edition product runs in the company's history. Don't miss your chance to take advantage of this special Collectors Society Members ONLY sale!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #361 on: July 9, 2006, 06:26 PM »
I just got an e-mail from MR saying that the Obi-Wan FX saber's will be shipping soon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 7, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Picked up a Mace Saber today at Costco for $49.97.  Might be worth checking out.  They were with the toys.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2006, 05:12 PM »
My Obi-Wan saber has shipped and should be here by the 14th!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2006, 08:44 PM »
Picked up a Mace Saber today at Costco for $49.97.  Might be worth checking out.  They were with the toys.

Wow, which CostCo?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2006, 10:00 PM »

Wow, that's a killer deal.  The best I've ever seen was $99.99CDN (about $85US) at TRU.  ::)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2006, 01:58 AM »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2006, 01:25 PM »
My ROTS Obi-Wan saber just arrived and I'm really impressed.  The blade has a really bright blue....I think it's much brighter than the Anakin ROTS sabers I've seen.  Also, it has different sound effects than my Darth Vader and Darth Maul sabers.

The hilt's a little thick where the brass pieces are, similar to the ROTJ Luke saber, but that was expected...too bad they couldn't get the electronics to fit in a more movie accurate design.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 15, 2006, 11:45 AM »
My ROTS Obi-Wan saber just arrived and I'm really impressed.  The blade has a really bright blue....I think it's much brighter than the Anakin ROTS sabers I've seen.  Also, it has different sound effects than my Darth Vader and Darth Maul sabers.

The hilt's a little thick where the brass pieces are, similar to the ROTJ Luke saber, but that was expected...too bad they couldn't get the electronics to fit in a more movie accurate design.

Matt, where did you order from? 

Did anyone who ordered from the Saber Vault get any type of ship confirmation?  They were suppose to start receiving last week but I have heard no follow up ???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #369 on: August 15, 2006, 06:31 PM »

Oy.  Wish I'd caught this last week.  I'm gonna have to zip up the street to see if there's any left at our Costco.  Thanks for the tip Jay.

I'm brainfarting on this, but has MR announced a FX Qui-Gon, or was it only the regular hilt, and (rumored) mini that they mentioned were coming?  I think that was it, and the FX ain't happenin' still...

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2006, 10:31 AM »

Oy.  Wish I'd caught this last week.  I'm gonna have to zip up the street to see if there's any left at our Costco.  Thanks for the tip Jay.

I'm brainfarting on this, but has MR announced a FX Qui-Gon, or was it only the regular hilt, and (rumored) mini that they mentioned were coming?  I think that was it, and the FX ain't happenin' still...

Matt -- let me know if your Costco has any.  I've been meaning to check up in the valley.  The one by me -- in Marina Del Rey -- didn't have any...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2006, 02:31 PM »

WOW, that is an awesome price! :o  I would consider getting one myself at that price, but unfortunately where I am in IL, the Costco's don't carry them.  Any chance I can convince one of you CA guys to pick one up for me and ship it my way, if they are still available?  Send me a PM if you're interested.  Thanks.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2006, 07:32 PM »
I checked today and all the F/X are sold out at the Costco by me.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Jim,

I ordered the Obi-Wan FX saber from MR's website.  I was able to use one of last year's coupons from the CS to save a few bucks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 09:35 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2006, 10:37 AM »
I checked today and all the F/X are sold out at the Costco by me.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate it.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!