Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84485 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2004, 10:58 PM »
Yes, FAO bad, tree pretty.  

I own precisely none of these (though I do have a regular Vader MR now).  I would like all of them, but that's $400 US smackers at reasonable prices.  Haven't seen a Vader for a while, but they were sitting at some places for $99 each.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2004, 07:40 PM »
I just tried to order one from MR (the Vader one) and it kept giving me a different price at the "submit" page.  Sure, it was a cheaper price but I had a feeling it wasn't going to come with the stand so I didn't "submit" the order.  

It was like visiting SWS.com  :-X :P
Beth

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2004, 04:01 PM »
I have the previous FX sabers and like them. I will be getting the Mace saber as an Christmas Present to myself.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 9, 2004, 03:12 PM »
Well, just to bump this up as I received this magnificent prop a few weeks back and have been having a blast with it.  More people have wanted to see this one than any of the others.  The sound and lighting are top notch and getting the stand for free was an added bonus.  I liked it so much I decided to order Luke's too!!  That box arrived today but the people that worked at sws.com have relatives that work at MR because I received another Vader saber instead.  It wouldn't be such a big deal but when I called, they had to look in to "why" (Uhm...someone grabbed the wrong item off the shelf, it's really not too difficult to understatnd) and stated that they could NOT send me Luke's until they made a "case number" up and sent the email to headquarters.  I have no idea why they even have a customer service line if everytime someone calls they have to talk with headquarters first  ::).

Oh well...if you are thinking about an f/x, I really recommend Vader but keep in mind that Mace's will be out in the fall and a purple blade is going to be very cool!!!
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: June 9, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Nice pickup Beth!  I've just recently started eyeing the eBay auctions on these (MIMSB), so I hope to be snagging one soon myself finally.  What'd SWS.com charge for it?  I've heard the Luke one isn't quite as cool as the Vader one though.  Doesn't have the "power-up lighting" effect like Vader's.  More like Anakin's, where the whole thing just lights up at once.  Still way cool though, and I can't wait to get all four of these bad boys together one day, and have a big ol' night time lightsaber party!   8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 9, 2004, 05:38 PM »
I've read the same things about Luke's.  I think that is why Vader's is just so damn cool, that initial "lighting-up" and "powering-down" effect and sound make it the best part.
I never did get around to buying Anakin's before they were sold out so if I want all four colors, I am going to have to go to Ebay.  I got the saber (w/stand) for $98.95 shipped.  It was a special offer to collector circle members through Master Replica.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2004, 04:31 PM »
Well, I just ordered both Mace and Luke's F/X saber.  I was going to wait but I couldn't pass up the special collectors offer of getting both for $189.99 (includes the shipping!!).

I have no idea where in the hell I am going to put two more long sabers but I got 'em anyways.  If they are anything like Vaders, then I am sure to enjoy them both.
Beth

Offline jimmy_obrien

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2004, 07:54 AM »
I just got confirmation email stating that the mace and luke fx  sabers will be shipped to me and is ready to be dispatched. yay

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2004, 04:34 PM »
They had all the FX sabers at Comic Con and everyone was picking them up and playing with them.  The Mace is pretty cool lookin.  They were selling the Vader and ROTJ Luke FXs there with the display for $100.

Offline jimmy_obrien

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2004, 08:40 AM »
only thing about em is you really cant duel or fight with em but i suppose thats why they are collectbles lol.

I like the luke esb fx that looks really good. do u know if the mace fx has the start up sequence like the vader fx or is it just flick the switch and bang the lights on.?

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2004, 10:07 PM »
only thing about em is you really cant duel or fight with em but i suppose thats why they are collectbles lol.

I like the luke esb fx that looks really good. do u know if the mace fx has the start up sequence like the vader fx or is it just flick the switch and bang the lights on.?

I'm pretty sure I saw someone fire it up and it "ignites" the same way.  Might want to ask around though, maybe email MR.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #71 on: August 1, 2004, 10:00 AM »
What jadesfire said. "Well, I just ordered both Mace and Luke's F/X saber.  I was going to wait but I couldn't pass up the special collectors offer of getting both for $189.99 (includes the shipping!!)."

Offline jimmy_obrien

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 2, 2004, 10:17 PM »
Yeah i was gunna take ful advantage of that offer but wasnt vertain i was gettin em. when i decided to take advantage of it i was 3 hours too late and im paying 432 bucks or 350 euro to get em from the u.s to ireland lol

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 4, 2004, 03:10 AM »
Try to get these from ebay if you can as master replicas use fedex for their shipping and it kills international orders.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #74 on: August 6, 2004, 06:00 PM »
I got my Mace and Luke sabers in the mail this week. I like them.