Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84493 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Used to be just 7%, provincial tax.  That varied depending on the province.  Dale/Alberta has no provincial tax.  Then back around 1993 they brought in a federal tax, the Goods and Services Tax = GST.  Another 7%. 

Best part, the governing party was intent on bringing it in, the opposition party promised prior to the election they would not vote it in.  Damn near the first thing they did when got into power was bring it in >:(  ******** up here still vote for that party and they've been in power now for 13 years >:( >:( >:(

Its original intent was solely to pay down the federal deficit.  Go figure, they managed to find other uses for it. >:(  Like bumping up the salaries of federal politician's.  Trust me, whenever you hate the US government system, just look north to see what abuse really looks like :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2005, 12:59 PM »
I'm fighting the urge to buy a Vader simply because I need to save up for C3.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2005, 06:56 PM »
I have a Vader on order, am hoping that I only need to have one. :P Got it on a trade, so it won't interfere with C3 money.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2005, 07:01 PM »
I'm fighting the urge to buy a Vader simply because I need to save up for C3.

They're VERY cool Jason.  When I got that first Anakin one, I took that puppy out in the yard at night and started whirling it around n' ****, and I swear I thought I was a freakin' Jedi.   8)  One of our other illustrious members here got medieval with one in his master bedroom in front of their mirror closet, and took out their overhead cealing light and fan!  Thing didn't even break.  :o  Very nice items, very realistic, and very fun.  One of the cooler SW collectibles IMO.  I'd definitely recommend one.  I still have to catch up on a lot of the previous ones, but it sounds like I may be OK, since they're rehashing a bunch of them (probably better versions too) for their ROTS line.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:03 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2005, 08:21 PM »
OK, so I finally broke down and got the Ep.III Anakin and Ep.V Vader.  I saw on Rebelscum how Babbage's/Game Stop is selling these and how they are also doing a deal right now on trade in games.  Basically, any 3 games you bring back, regardless of what the store credit total is they will slap $10 on top of that.  So today I went to my local GameStop looking for SportsPicks and saw 5 Vaders and 1 Anakin F/X.  Started talking to the guy and realized how many Xbox games I have that I no longer play or just never got into.  So, I brought a bunch in, took advantage of that extra $10 for every 3 and long story short, got both sabers for $32.38 cents!!!   ;D  I just took them in the garage, killed the lights and MAN these things kick ass!  Unbelievable!  So glad I got them.  Now, where to put them?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Dam good deal
i only have the 2 luke sabers and the vader, waiting for more money to get the mace saber next.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Whats going on with the prices of the older fx sabers?
Windu and Luke rotj especially?
Windu has jumped $50+ and luke is off the scale , i saw some at $400US WTF????
Took my first leap into the big boys section and ordered the ObiWan ROTS saber , man it looks nice an i can't wait to get it.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2005, 08:23 AM »
Can anyone give me any feedback on these?  I would like to pick up one for my collection and could use some help.  Can anyone give me any pros and cons on the different ones?  I have heard the EP3 Kenboi is better than the EP3 Vader. Yada, yada, yada.  Help please. 

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2005, 08:33 AM »
I have 3 of these
Luke ROTJ
Luke ESB
Vader

My fav is definately Vaders , Very nice display pieces and good for the occasional swing around.
I dont think i will be getting the new ones because i don't think they look different enough to warrant another purchase, ESB Luke is VERY similar to Anakins ROTS saber and the vader ones to me look identical.
Just my 2 cents

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2005, 11:09 AM »
As far as the light up on the blue vs the red.  Which would you say gives a better (stronger?) look?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2005, 11:52 AM »
My friend Dan could not decide between a red one or a blue one either at C3.  Ended up not getting one...yet.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Where would be my cheapest source?  Also, do any retail outlets carry these?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2005, 01:05 PM »
I got one at C3.  The main difference, as the MR guy said, was that the NEW sabers take less batteries, have higher quality sounds, better electronics, and the blade lights up substantially brighter...

It's $20 more ($120) than the older sabers...  I bought an E3 Anakin saber (blue blade), and it is incredibly bright/vibrant, it has great sound, and for $20 more I think it was well worth the price ultimately...  Hell it takes less batteries, there's really no reason to get the older ones now I think.

I dig it...  cats and dog hate it.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Seeing all of these around has me eyeing them up too.  The battle during the opening ceremonies was sure good proof that these things are pretty tough :o  Vader is a must have, but I also want Mace and one of the Luke's.  Obviously a green saber would be sweet, but ebay has taken those over the top lately :o 

Retailer recommendations would be great.  And BTW, if the new sabers are what TRU is carrying up here, then that price isn't so bad for Canadian $$ given these are up $20 US from original.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Sounds like Jesse and I bought the same one at C3, and for the same reasons. You should have come over to the party room, TN-Daniel picked up the Vader, so we could have had an awesome threesome  :o