Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84495 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« on: May 1, 2003, 05:30 PM »
This lightsaber is now on sale for only $89 (normally $139) at Master Replicas.

Does anyone here own this lightsaber?  Is it worth it?  I've been really wanting to get a replica lightsaber for a while now, and at this price I'm thinking how could I go wrong?  Anyone care to comment?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:45 AM by Jeff »
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2003, 06:52 PM »
Ugh.  Thanks a lot Chris.   ::)  I've been a good boy and held off on buying this thing or any other MR stuff, but for some reason your post here just drew me in and made me feel like I needed it all of the sudden...  Not quite sure why exactly, other than I've been on a bit of a SW spending spree of late, and just figured - WHY NOT?!  Now my wife is REALLY going to kill me.   :'(

But actually folks, KB is running a deal right now on the same Anakin FX Lightsaber for $10 cheaper right here.  BUT, before you jump on this one, keep in mind that Master Replicas is shipping theirs for FREE, while KB's shipping will run you $7.39 (domestically).  KB also slaps on sales tax in a number of states.  Unfortunately, MR adds sales tax to CA orders only, which basically screws me once again.

So after I did all the math, and tracked down a $5 KB coupon code, I went with the KB order and saved myself almost $7 off the MR price.  But the cost will vary depending on where you are.  All things being equal, I would've preferred to order from MR just because they are more used to shipping this high end replica type of stuff, and proabably have better customer service as well.

So I wound up with my Anakin FX Saber order for $88.98 total from KB.  Hopefully it makes it here in one piece though...   :-\  I just hope this doesn't lead into me "NEEDING" to go out and get a complete Master Replica collection now, as usually is the case when I get that first piece from any given SW line...   ::)   :P

BTW, here's a current KB coupon code that will net you the $5 discount:  KBVISAREW

Maybe David or someone else could enlighten us as to the differences between this item and the regular MR lightsaber hilt replicas that cost 3x as much...  Anyone know the difference?
« Last Edit: May 1, 2003, 06:54 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2003, 06:59 PM »
Is this news, or did I just miss this announcement the first time around?!

Master Replicas Darth Vader FX lightsaber coming later this year!

Guess I'll have to be picking this one up as well...   :-\  Looks pretty sweet though!   8)  Here's the link.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2003, 11:17 PM »
Would you people please just stop posting this stuff. >:( :'( ;D

Yes honey, you can have the house....and the car.... and the TV....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2003, 12:21 AM »
Does ANYONE here own this that could comment on it?  I'm really wanting to buy this thing, but I would like to hear someone's opinion first.  But like I said before... for only $89 how could I possibly go wrong?
dustrho

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2003, 10:44 AM »
For God's Sake, man, JUST BUY IT! BUY IT BEFORE I DO!!!

From what I understand, the electronic sabres aren't as exacting in their authenticity as their pricier counterparts, hence the price difference. Due to the inclusion of real-world electronic components, sacrifices had to be made. (No, they're not real. But hey, at $89?! I mean, C'MON! Get your credit card out!)
Post sober.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: May 3, 2003, 04:50 PM »
OK, I just ordered it and did the free shipping, and it says it will take 4-6 weeks before I receive it?????????  Why would it take so long to get it, when I could have done next-day or 2nd-day delivery for about $10?  Oh well, I guess I can wait that period of time.

But, I'm still very excited about getting this!  I can't wait for it!!!

Did anyone else here just recently order this?
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2003, 04:51 AM »
Well Chris, I got a confirmation from KB the day after I ordered mine (above) that it had been shipped.  Nothing today, so I'm assuming tomorrow it'll arrive.  I'll give it a whirl and let you know the scoop on it (just have to keep it hidden from the wife for a little while).   ;)

But yeah, for $89 you can't really go wrong with this piece.  I saw it being displayed and used at C2, but I don't recall how durable the thing is - like can I smack it against my wife when she gets out of line without breaking it (or her)?   :P

David, did you not get this one?  If you did, LMK how the hilt detail compares between the two, 'cause like MPL said, and as I figured, this one probably isn't quite as accurately detailed.  Just curious how it stacks up to the fancy version...

UPDATE:  It just showed up at the office!   8)  I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight...
« Last Edit: May 6, 2003, 03:39 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2003, 09:41 AM »
I just got an email from Master Replicas stating that my lightsaber has shipped via Fed Ex Ground.  It doesn't have an ETA but probably in less than one week, because I went with the free shipping they are offering.

So Matt, did you finally take it out of the package and play with it yet?  I can't wait to start writing a review on this item.   ;D
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 7, 2003, 11:06 AM »
So Matt, did you finally take it out of the package and play with it yet?

Out of the package?    :o  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2003, 11:36 AM »
LOL!!!  I know when I got my lightsaber it's definitely coming out of the pacakge.  I just can't wait to play with it, and duel with my wife.  :)
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2003, 05:27 PM »
So Matt, did you finally take it out of the package and play with it yet?

Sadly enough, not yet.  I didn't get home from the office 'til around midnight last night (aside from a quick Target run).  The wife was already asleep, so I didn't want to play funky Jedi Master bada$$ in the (small) house, and wake her up...  Hopefully I can pull it out and get medevil with it tonight though!   :D

I tried to stash it behind a table though, so Patty wouldn't notice it and start asking questions (like HOW MUCH WAS THAT?!?)...  I knew I'd have to 'fess up eventually though.  Well needless to say, 8:30 this morning... as I'm sound asleep... I get a tug on my leg, and wake up to "What's that big box behind the table?!?"  Ugh.  Didn't take her long...  For now, I just told her it was a cheap, commemorative baseball bat....   ;D  (it came in about a 4.5' long narrow box)

And c'mon now Dale...  This ain't part of the Hasbro line here.  Gotta open this bad boy up and bust some Sith booty with it, eh!?!   8)
« Last Edit: May 7, 2003, 05:29 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2003, 08:38 PM »
Great story Matt!  I just can't wait to get my saber.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2003, 03:42 PM »
Matt, so did you FINALLY open it up and play with it yet?  My saber will be here tomorrow (Saturday), so I'll write back and tell all what I think about it.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!   ;D
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: May 9, 2003, 04:00 PM »
Ugh.  Believe me when I tell you this, I haven't been home for anything other than to sleep over the last 4 days.  I put in 32 straight hours at the office through yesterday afternoon, finally went home and slept 16 hours straight, and was right back at it this morning.  Looks like I'm working all weekend too.   >:(  So to answer your question Chris, NO - still haven't even opened up my package yet.   :'(  Haven't even had a chance to go home and fart, let alone play with the new lightsaber.  Totally blows!

So tell me all about it when you get yours, so I'll know what to expect!   8)