Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 85104 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #255 on: October 8, 2005, 03:31 AM »
What's the price on the Luke sabers at Borders?  I've got some store credit there floating around here somewhere that may entice me to go nab one finally...  Glad I didn't pick up the first one without the light up/down technology.

Question:  Does the Mace saber have the light up/down technology too, or has that only been in the Vader saber so far?

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 8, 2005, 03:43 AM »
What's the price on the Luke sabers at Borders?  I've got some store credit there floating around here somewhere that may entice me to go nab one finally...  Glad I didn't pick up the first one without the light up/down technology.

Question:  Does the Mace saber have the light up/down technology too, or has that only been in the Vader saber so far?

The price is supposed to be $119, but some have found them for $99.00

Use the coupon though for 10% off Coupon

The only saber that does not have the light up / down is the original Anakin from AOTC.. and of course the original Luke ROTJ.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 8, 2005, 07:22 PM »

Matt, the Mace now has the light up. But the color and sound is not as good as the new sabers. 

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 8, 2005, 08:17 PM »
I asked about a Yoda F/X since kids would buy that thing and it would sell like MAD but apparently MR has said they can't do one cause they can't fit the "technology" into a small hilt.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 13, 2005, 09:42 PM »
A while back someone posted a picture somewhere about how they displayed their sabers.  I actually saved the picture but the properties don't tell me where I got it from and I have a question.  It shows two saber's crossed like an "x" on a yellow wall with a spotlight on them.  It looks fantastic but I have no idea what the owner used to get them hung.  Has anyone seen this?  Any help on pointing me to the guy that has this display would be greatly appreciated. 

PS;  I'd post the picture but I can't link from webshots but I can send it to anyone who wants to see it.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 13, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Scroll down for the FX brackets.  They look really nice, but pretty pricey for what you get.  I'd think these may lend themselves to crossing over, though you'd have to block one ring out from the wall.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Interesting...Never seen that display before but I'll show Jay and see what he thinks.  I am sure once he see's the price, he'll inform me that he can do something cheaper ;).
Beth

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2005, 11:41 PM »
Picked up my Luke F/X tonight.  I like it a lot.

Offline Jawa the Hutt

• Youngling
  • My mom was a Hutt ... my daddy a Jawa! Honest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2005, 03:31 AM »
Hi ,

I am looking for a FX Darth Vader light saber for halloween ?

How durable are they ?  How cool are they? Can I buy one in Calgary ?

Thanks for any help?

Jawa the Hutt

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2005, 04:24 AM »
Durability, I've found, is rather high...  I got the E3 Anakin saber and it takes a whack.  I wouldn't go nuts dueling with it, but you can clank it around some and it doesn't break.

Cool?  It's scored a 73.  :)

Seriously though, it's fun...  People who aren't even huge fans seem to oggle these things if they see them. 

The Vader Saber is easy to find, it's the ROTJ Luke one that's been a bitch to pick up at Borders I've found.  A new Borders opened at a new mall near me and so far it's not on any major toy runs so none of the collectors I know of have been going near it...  They had 4 I think of the Luke and Vader sabers (4 each that is), and I figured since it's a lower traffic place I may be able to hold off on getting it till I got some $ together.

Well I just popped in over the weekend and to my dismay all the Luke sabers were gone but a beat-to-hell demonstration model on the display and a single packaged one.  My gf, fortunately, had the $ to get the Luke one for me before they sold out and I can pay her back.  They had all 4 Vader's...

Also, a Halloween (temporary, for only during the season) store in the mall had the same display but with all Vader sabers.  They hadn't sold a one of them, so Vader's is easy to get...  Especially at $120 which is the retail around here for them.

They're fun as hell though.  I want to get a nice mix of them and I'm building a riflerack styled rack for mine that will hang on the wall.  I'd like one of every color (hoping they redo Mace's saber), and maybe 2 Blue so I can get all the "iconic" designs too (Anakin and Obi-Wan E3 Sabers, Vader, and ROTJ Luke).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Durability, I've found, is rather high...  I got the E3 Anakin saber and it takes a whack.  I wouldn't go nuts dueling with it, but you can clank it around some and it doesn't break.

At C3 during the opening ceremonies weren't those two guys dueling with MR FX sabers?  If they were, I'd suggest the things are really damn durable :o  They also stand up to ceiling fans pretty well or so one member here can attest. 

As for finding them in Calgary that's a bit of a stretch to say, I don't think there are any members here from Calgary.  You could check at snowtroopers.ca in the Alberta section.  Otherwise I'd check TRU in the electronics section or check with Best Buy/Future Shop.  Also check those retailers online. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 18, 2005, 01:14 PM »
For those who got the Luke Saber recently what do you think?  Man the color is just awesome on this sucker.  I just wish the Mace Saber color was better.  I have the new Vader, Anakin and Luke and the colors are all great.  Mace kind of looks out of place next to the others ???

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2005, 08:00 PM »
Your right about Mace's saber.  The purple with hints of "blotch" just don't cut it next to the new ones (or the old ones for that matter). 

I love my Vader and Anakin one but both Luke's still hold a soft spot also and the old Vader color (ANH) is very good.
Beth

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2005, 08:43 PM »
I'm still on the fence about the Mace F/X.  My local GameStop has 5 but I'm not sure I want to spend $120 on it.

SilverZ

« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2005, 08:07 PM »
In the last couple weeks I've decided to get one of each blade color, and now am caught up with the exception of the Mace saber. I'm heading to GameStop to pick one up tonight, but wanted to make sure my understanding of the color situation was up to date before I did so.

Pardon me if it's been discussed earlier and I've missed it, but I gather that the comments about the color quality on the Mace saber applies to the version currently shipping, and this saber is a simple re-release instead of a revamp like the Borders ROTJ saber is, correct?

Is it really that bad, or should I get it and just be happy to have the purple blade?