Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84676 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2003, 09:41 PM »
Several of us here have the first Anakin version David, and we've had one helluva lot of fun with it!  One of my absolute most favorite collectibles, for sure!  You can check out my "review" of it, along with the rest of our prior conversation about it, right here.   8)

The Vader and Luke sabers both came out at the same time just a couple weeks ago, but I can't comment on whether the Vader one was actually produced after the Luke one.  But I have heard about it having that cool "light up" effect that you just mentioned.  I'll definitely be adding these two new ones to my collection as well, but I think I'm going to shoot for a nice little sales price on them if possible, like I got last time on the Anakin version.  Hopefully that strategy doesn't come back to bite me in the ass though, if they wind up selling out at full price!   :P

Enjoy your sabers David!  Just watch out for overhead lights (read that thread I linked above)...   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2003, 11:09 PM »

Enjoy your sabers David!  Just watch out for overhead lights (read that thread I linked above)...   ;)

ROFLMAO
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2004, 06:50 PM »
Go to FAO online as quick as you can.  

I just snagged two Vader FX sabers for $85.90 shipped.  Ordered one for Jim and one for myself.  Picked up the tip off the front page of RS.  

It lists the price as regular $139.95 but when you go to checkout it comes in with the much lower price.  It might be an error, but they'll have to stick by it as the total is all I'm willing to authorize, not the itemized amount.  Their error if anything (I hope) but it's worth the shot IMO.

Thread at RS on this topic

Not clear if all the orders will go through, but it's reassuring to see that JoshEEE called to verify it was not just a glitch.  75% off :o  Hope my order goes through.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 06:56 PM by Morgbug »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Done!

Holy crap!  Thanks for the tip Brent!  I've been waiting for a good price to pick this one and the Luke saber up, so now I'm half way there...

Glad to hear Josh confirmed the price over the phone, 'cause if they try to charge me a penny over my $46.79 invoiced price, there'll be hell to pay!

Very excited to get this item.  Can't wait!  Hopefully Jim doesn't do any further damage to his house with this new lightsaber though...   :P

Thanks again B!   :-*

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2004, 09:00 PM »
Crap...too late!!!  They are all sold out.

Well, hopefully this will be the free one I get from MR.
Beth

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Yes, thanks Brent.   ;D

Hopefully Jim doesn't do any further damage to his house with this new lightsaber though...   :P

I've already chosen the next light fixture to take out and the wife has already picked out a new ceiling fan, so I say bring it on.  :P

Just kidding. I think I'll be safely displaying this one right away before something more spendy than a light gets broke.  :-X

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Anyone get a confirmation e-mail?  I ordered midday and never got one, and someone over at rebelscum is claiming that if you don't get an e-mail, your order won't be fulfilled. Also, checking order history on the website comes up blank.

-Steve

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2004, 11:46 PM »
Most people over at RS didn't get a confirmation email (all of them?).  I dunno, we'll see.  

If I don't get it, that will be too bad, but it was definitely worth trying.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2004, 10:07 AM »
Boo-yah!

Confirmation email waiting this morning ;D  I think they just needed to compare stock with orders before confirming.  One guy on snowtroopers ordered around 10pm central and got a confirmation, so you should be good to go Matt.  Not sure if it's still up, but it seemed to be popping in and out of stock last night, so check again if you missed out.  

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2004, 10:27 AM »
i ordered one myself at around 1am eastern time, and i got a confirmation email at around 4am. so we'll see if i get it or not... for $46 i couldn't say no!! but i'm not adding it to my collection challenge total until my card gets charged  ;D - i've already spent too much this year

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2004, 11:02 AM »
Sweet mother I hope the order goes through!  :o  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Dammit.   >:(  I'm not getting one...   :'(

No confirmation e-mail this morning, so I called FAO's customer service # with my order # to check on the status.  The lady said "no go."  I actually spoke to the lady who was taking all the orders yesterday, and she said they officially sold out of them at or around 5:15pm Eastern time yesterday.  I didn't place my order until about an hour and a half after that unfortunately.  She said there won't be any new stock coming in until possibly after the "change of ownership" or something to that effect, at which time the piece wouldn't even be on sale any more anyway.   :-\

So my search continues...  She said some confirmation e-mails even went out to people who shouldn't have gotten them as well, so I guess everyone should call in and check the status of their order, or just cross your fingers.

Brent, what time was your order?  Dave - 1am?  As in last night, or the night before?  If last night, then you're undoubtedly ass-out like I am, I'd imagine...

Well, congrats to the lucky few who got in on the action quick enough!  Enjoy those cheap and awesome FX sabers!

If anyone else sees this go on sale, give us a shout please!   :-*
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 12:45 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2004, 12:56 PM »
Strange Matt. I placed my order this morning about 25 mins before my post above & I received a confirmation email with seconds. Just have to wait & see.  :-\

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2004, 01:11 PM »
Can you call their customer service number Dale, to find out your status?  Dave too.  If they tell either of you that your fine, then I'm going to raise holy hell.  They told me that they've been trying since last night to take that item off of their website since it's sold out, but haven't succeeded yet - apparently 'cause they have idiot tech people...   ::)

But like I said, they've sent out some erroneous confirmation e-mails to people who ordered way after I did, so if any of you could call and verify, that would be cool...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Well, if I have the JD clock figured out properly I would have ordered at about 5:50 PM Central time or 7:50 PM eastern time.  That should indicate I am out of luck.   :-\  Are you sure she said Eastern?  Not Pacific :-[

Dale and I cannot call and confirm.  1-800 US numbers do not function in Canada.  I'll opt in to be an optimist and presume they'll show up on Jim's doorstep shortly.  

Lot of Canuckleheads on snowtroopers are going to be unhappy.  I don't  think any of them ordered before me.  And I ordered maybe a half hour before you Matt.  45 minutes tops.