Author Topic: Episode 3 Flubs  (Read 3870 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Episode 3 Flubs
« on: June 19, 2005, 04:17 AM »
After seeing ROTS for the 4th time this evening, I noticed several flubs or mistakes I hadn't noticed before. Perhaps it was the digital viewing that I saw that helped make these apparent. I'll start off with one I noticed before and I believe has been mentioned in the past...

- Luminara Unduli while on Kashyyyk does not have green skin/makeup on her face or hands, but instead she's white.

- The classic backwards frames, heavily apparent in the OT with Imperial badges on the wrong side of the chest or R2 completely backwards, reappears in ROTS in the form of the Super Battle Droids checking out Obi-Wan's starfighter in the beginning of the film. While they're yammering away, you can see that the red dot which is supposed to be on the left side of their torso is on the right for about 2 seconds.

- When Anakin arrives on Mustafar and walks towards the interior while telling R2 to stay behind, he lifts his hood over his head. You can clearly see BOTH of Hayden Christensen's flesh hands. I guess for a bit Anakin was able to use the dark side to grow him a new limb, must have gotten cut from the movie  ;D

Those are the things I noticed, there's something else too, but I think it actually warrants a new thread for that discussion. Was there anything you saw in ROTS that seemed weird to you such as these 3 snafus?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3 Flubs
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who noticed the Super Battle Droid "dots" in the theater.  It took me until viewing number 7 to pick up on it, so you are a wiser man than I, Corran.  ;)

That said, I wonder if that shot wasn't done on purpose as kind of an in-joke, considering all the hooplah over the years about all the SW films having flipped shots in certain scenes (even TPM had two, both involving Obi-Wan's Padawan braid).  Two little dots isn't the type of thing that Lucas would pick up on, I wouldn't think, and with that entire shot being CG, I can't imagine it would have made it all the way to the rendering and shading stages still flipped by accident.

I did notice one flub which is another one of those things that I noticed once and will never stop noticing.  In the scene where Anakin/Vader lands at Padme's veranda (just prior to going to Mustafar), R2's position in the starfighter changes back and forth.  In close-ups (when Threepio is talking to R2), R2's head is flush with the wing of the starfighter, but in wide shots (focusing on Padme and Anakin), R2's shoulders are out of the droid socket (like the toys).  It looks as if he is popping up and down in the socket for no reason whatsoever.  Be on the lookout the next time you see it and it will drive you batty (or at least it will me).  :)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:22 PM »
That said, I wonder if that shot wasn't done on purpose as kind of an in-joke,

Ya know I thought the same thing too, as a nod to the flubs of the past. It certainly didn't hurt the movie at all. I'll have to keep an eye out on R2 and his adventures in the Starfighter. Personally, I still can't entirely see how an R2 unit can fit in that ship without sticking out so much.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 01:45 AM »
The major editing mistake that bugs me everytime I see it, is the Anakin choking Obi-Wan scene.

You clearly see Obi holding his saber as Anakin is bringing it close to his face, and then you see Obi holding Anakin's saber in the same hand.  WTF? how can you miss that?
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Good eye catching those errors! Stuff like that goes right above my head most of the time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I noticed that anakin vader has two flesh hands when he pulls up his hood on mustafar. also noticed this last time that when mace, saesee, agen and kit go to arrest palpy, that saesee' horns flop around some, noticably rubber;
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:46 AM »
The first time I saw the film I noticed the Luminara issue immediately.  It turns out that a totally different actress played her.

I didn't notice any of the other ones mentioned.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 02:40 AM »
The first time I saw the film I noticed the Luminara issue immediately.  It turns out that a totally different actress played her.

You mean there's an actress out there with green skin?! neat!  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 11:11 AM »
personally most of that stuff can be looked past, but i really wish they could have made it clearier that obi-wan slashed anakin's lungs, because he actually does if you look and listen to his rasping its hard to watch after you've noticed it.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 11:14 PM »
The major editing mistake that bugs me everytime I see it, is the Anakin choking Obi-Wan scene.

You clearly see Obi holding his saber as Anakin is bringing it close to his face, and then you see Obi holding Anakin's saber in the same hand.  WTF? how can you miss that?

originally that scene was very long with alot of action and in the process Obi got Anakins saber. So while in the original shoot it made since the cutting and editing leaves people asking "WTF"
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Yeah the R2 starfighter thing looks stupid.
R4 has an excuse since she's built into the ship.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 2, 2006, 08:56 PM »
I noticed the dots on the Supers when I first saw the movie, I dunno...it sounds sad.  :P
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 09:41 PM »
you know, i noticed all of these flaws the first time around. and have begun to think that they are intentional to merit a special edition later on down the road. if you watch the documentary's you'll notice how much work goes into these movies, its really hard at this point to believe anything can get by them...such as the flipped super battle droids. kinda lame when you think about how much work went into flipping the insignias on the imps in empire.