Author Topic: Pegwarmer of the Year Award  (Read 21424 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Pegwarmer of the Year Award
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Zutton's got my nomination for Pegwarmer of the Decade, Jesse. My TRU has two pegs loaded with him. And it's a SIN to have army-builders just sit. Where are all those SA Clone Troopers or McQuarrie Stormies?

Wal-Mart has NOTHING-- still. Not even pegs.

Target has had Ack-Meh Blech for some time.

KMart has Saga Watto.

(And don't get me started on Kay-Bee...)
Post sober.

SilverZ

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2004, 03:28 PM »
Yep, no need for new nominations for this year, since we still have Saga '02 around here vying for 2nd year running championship spots.

Kmart has Zam Wessel. When they finally sell I believe they will rename the SW peg the "Zam Wessel Memorial Peg". Lame.

Around here TRU is still the House of Watto. Double Lame.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2004, 06:44 PM »
Walmart #1-nothing, everything seems to disappear quickly...right now the Yavin Wave

Walmart#2-only thing there is 3 Arena Padmes which have been there since April before Clones opened

KMart #1-Clone war wave 2 figures

KMart #2-Luminara, Royal Guard, etc.

SilverZ

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2004, 04:18 PM »
I just got to thinking about Achk Med-Beq , which has to be one of the most annoying pegwarmers around here at the moment.  My question is:

Does the figure get overlooked because it is, in fact, the actor that played Jar Jar Binks, thus making the figure just as lame as said CG lamety?

This occurred to me when I saw Med-Beq sitting on the TRU pegs, and just the sirght of poor Ahmed Best brought my hatred of Jar Jar to the surface. What's interesting is that Dannl Faytonni didn't suffer the same fate, and I think its partly because of the Anthony Daniels likeness that does just the opposite.

Random musing.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 04:19 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2004, 11:37 PM »
I'd say no...  Over-shipping to your area is more the result I think, actually, as Ach Med is nowhere to be found in Pittsburgh....  Thank God.

Now, in our area it's a TON of Hoth Wave...  Especially ****Drum Roll**** the all-time craptacular army builder known as the Hoth Rebel Soldier.  That figure sucks as bad (if not worse) than I predicted it would, and it just hangs on pegs...

You make that guy a neutrally posed, properly scaled/sculpted, and decently articulated army builder, and I guarantee he'd be selling faster.  Hell I'd be buying one or two every stop at TRU that I saw him.

R-3PO's not doing swift either, though he's moving gradually.  Some TRU's here are now down to just the Hoth Sooldier...

Luke moved great though, which I attribute a lot to the fact he was a good figure but also made good custom trooper fodder even for customizers.

That Hoth Soldier lingers like a fart in a car here though. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2004, 12:23 AM »
right now, every time i go into tru, all i can find are brown coat han hoth figures. damn him.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2004, 02:45 AM »
My Target has very little on the pegs anyway, but when i went there i saw about 20 aaylaa securas and a few bariss offee and ashla and jemplas.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2004, 12:15 PM »
Jesse James, I have to agree with you.  At TRU, Bail Organa, Avy Vida, Imp. Dig #1, Hoth Rebel Solider (mini Buzz), R1-G4 and R3PO are HUGE PegWarmers!
Walmart has R3PO, Hoth Rebel Soilder, R1-G4.
Target, well here at least, I have to say ALL the animated figures minus the clone trooper and yoda.  Target is successful at keeping only new product on their shelf for the morning.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2004, 03:52 AM »
KB - Orm Free Ta (or however you spell his name)

I saw this guy even at Star Tours at Disneyland CA for $10! That's messed up when you can go to KB and buy him for $3.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2004, 12:25 PM »
Jesse James, I have to agree with you.  At TRU, Bail Organa, Avy Vida, Imp. Dig #1, Hoth Rebel Solider (mini Buzz), R1-G4 and R3PO are HUGE PegWarmers!
Walmart has R3PO, Hoth Rebel Soilder, R1-G4.
Target, well here at least, I have to say ALL the animated figures minus the clone trooper and yoda.  Target is successful at keeping only new product on their shelf for the morning.

You guys have R1-G4 as a pegwarmer??? I've never seen him on the pegs! Are there still a bunch there?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2004, 04:49 PM »
I wouldn't say he's a pegwarmer here, but he's around...  If you want me to get you one Lando, I can I think...  He's not that bad here though.

Here, it's R-3PO and Hoth Soldier...  Tack on Organa, 1st Dignitary...  That's what we have pegwarming mostly at TRU's.

The Tatooine and JP waves have remnants that hang around, mostly Bar2-D2 and R1 though if any.

Yavin Wave and SD wave have come and gone, but still show up...  Those are 2 waves that are moving, though I have seen Bossk hanging about a couple times now while the rest of his wave's gone.  Sure sign he's the first to warm pegs I think.  Surprising, given that Dengar's such a sucky character (good figure though), and Bossk you'd think would have some appeal to kids on some level, given he's a lizard guy and all.

Still, he seems to go eventually too.

Yavin Wave is all army builders and custom fodder.  It's doomed to be one of the tougher waves to come across I think, if you by chance pass on it when you want extras of them.  

I'm sort of surprised at R1-G4 and Bar2 actually sitting at all, but I guess they aren't overly itneresting and R2's on his last (3rd?) leg as a figure...  He's really not got much left you can do with him, short of a new R2 w/tools and sensorscope version.

Anyway, get in touch with me (PM Me) Lando, and if you want I'll keep my eyes peeled for an R1 if you need one for cost.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2004, 04:53 PM »
Right now the pegwarmer at SWM is Dodonna...there are 7 of them!!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Yavin Wave and SD wave have come and gone, but still show up...  Those are 2 waves that are moving, though I have seen Bossk hanging about a couple times now while the rest of his wave's gone.  Sure sign he's the first to warm pegs I think.  Surprising, given that Dengar's such a sucky character (good figure though), and Bossk you'd think would have some appeal to kids on some level, given he's a lizard guy and all.

bossk has already been a pegwarmer once. and he might be the biggest pegwarmer of all time, at least near my house. i would swear that tru near me had the potf2 green card bossk every time i went in there for over 2 years. epsiode 1 figures were out, and there were still gc bossks around.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2004, 06:01 PM »
R1-G4 is a peg warmer at my local Wally and has been for three months now. Lando if you need one I too would be willing to pick one up for you at cost plus the shipping; just PM me. I'm in the Salt Lake City area but priority mail is same cost regardless.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2004, 04:35 AM »
Barriss Offee is now tied for 1st with Aayla Secura at my local target.  What did they do, decide to stock the pegs with more ******* Offees??? :( :( :(