Author Topic: RE #11 - Siege on Rhen Var  (Read 14220 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: RE #11 - Siege on Rhen Var
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 05:38 PM »
I've been out of tocuh, and when Kev told me there was a new story I assumed it was the Dathomir plot. And was a surprised at Rhen Var? Oh yes.
Two of my very favorite levels in the Battlefront game.

Excellent storytelling this time too. I never felt any one photo novel was better than another, but this one is absolutely the best one so far, and my favorite to read.

People make a lot of posts on the wizards board about what another movie would be like, or how the tv show will be...
who cares...

When we have stories like yours, it is always going to be good

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 06:41 PM »
Sorry I haven't commented on this sooner, but I have been camping for the last few days. I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said so I'll just echo everyone else's thoughts.

First off, again you have outdone yourself, both with the effects and the overall story. You continue to improve with every chapter. I can't wait to see your work at around chapter 50, it'll be like going to a movie.

The battlefront stuff is awesome! I love the command post and how you gave the pilot the electric gun, your attention to detail is amazing.

I would have liked to see the padawan in the background of another scene or two, but I still think it was nicely done, you really didn't need to know anything about him, he serves his purpose by dying. I think it was a nice little touch to show him dying, it makes the situation seem much more dire.

Someone said that you should have shown more droids dying, I completely disagree. I really liked how you did it. The clones really seem to get their asses kicked.

I think it would have made more sense if Rykrof and Ralbar had a few extra troops with them, I don't think the two of them would be sent alone, they wouldn't have made difference.

The ending is fantastic, I love the Sidious shot. It is so dark, and the Naboo shot is great, Rykrof has a hot wife ;)

From the EU I've read, which main consists of video games and books, it ties in great. I like how you showed Tatooine, there wasn't a major battle there but I don't know why there could be a small skirmish or two at a refueling point.

I can't wait to see Dathomir, I think you will be able to work wonders with that planet. Listen to Quazars suggestions, (I'm sure you will) they are all great. Keep it up! Any idea how long it will be until chapter 12? :)
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 05:17 AM »
Awesome Chewie. Love your photo novels and this one is by far one of the better ones.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 10:42 AM »
What can I say that hasn't been said, shewie? I love Siege On Rhen Var and how reminiscent it is of battlefront!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Dimetrodon - Thanks for the  kind words buddy.  We go way back from the old yakface forums many moons ago, and you're one of the people I always hope to get feedback from.  Dathomir will be coming soon, probably at story #13.

SLC - I think I'm getting better with each chapter at least picture and special effects wise, but was aware that maybe in the last couple the story wasn't as strong as I wanted.  I tried very hard to try improve the elements of story telling on this one, and will continue to try and improve.  I kind of liked seeing the droids win a battle too, and in a totally convincing matter.  I'm glad you liked the Battlefront tie-ins, that was a lot of fun since I'm such a big fan of the game.  The ending I think might be the best one yet, and I'm glad I was able to get Alyssa Enloe to make an appearance and didn't go the route of showing her giving childbirth.  I think this way worked ok.

Metaljedi - Thanks buddy.  I'm glad you think it's one of the better ones, because it was definitely the most challenging.  And it took a lot of time.

The Perennial - Thanks to you too.  If you have any suggestions though, or there's anything you don't like, you can always feel free to add that as a comment.  I take all opinions seriously, because I make these for you guys, not for me.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 03:01 PM »
What can I say that hasn't been said, shewie? I love Siege On Rhen Var and how reminiscent it is of battlefront!

You can call him shewie, I don't think I've heard that one before. :) :P
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 4, 2005, 10:32 PM »

You can call him shewie, I don't think I've heard that one before. :) :P

Ugh, Typoes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 11:48 AM »
Ok, I have begun writing the next story in the Rykrof Enloe photonovel series... gonna be a story with a little less "action" in it and more plot.  Hope it's not too boring, but I think it will be an essential part to the theme of the Clone Wars for Rykrof, and will influence his decisions when the ROTS timeline hits.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Special thanks to JediMAC and the staff here for the mention of this photonovel on the front page.  I really appreciate it; and hopefully a few more people will be exposed to it; I could always use more suggestions and pointers.  I'm learning this whole photonovle process though trial and error.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: August 7, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Special thanks to JediMAC and the staff here for the mention of this photonovel on the front page.  I really appreciate it; and hopefully a few more people will be exposed to it; I could always use more suggestions and pointers.  I'm learning this whole photonovle process though trial and error.

Yeah, minus most of the error part. :P :-*
"This is the way."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 8, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Lol, Congrats on the front page exposure, Chewie!

And I heard your insomnia issue is getting resolved! congrats!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 9, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Wow! That was a great story Chewie. I'm amazed by the positions you got some of the figures in. The backgrounds were great! I love all the props. Thanks! I really enjoyed that. ;D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #27 on: August 9, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I havent got a chance to read these yet chewie, but I'm going to make it a point to do so! 
Excellent that you are making headlines like this!  Keep it up!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Mandalorian

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 9, 2005, 12:30 PM »
That came out really cool.  I love it. 
"If I was Fett I would hunt JarJar first and cut out his tongue!"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Thanks guys... the big unveil for #12 is coming very very very very soon!  There's not quite as much action in it, but I hope you guys like it nonetheless.