Author Topic: New Lego set sitings!  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
New Lego set sitings!
« on: July 31, 2003, 03:06 PM »
At one of my target stores here in Indy they just finished the reset for Christmas. Anayways I picked up the Lego AT-AT for $99.99 and the second series of Lego Minis (Larger than the first set) for $6.99 each.

They also have the Hail Fire Droid for $49.99 which I passed on for now.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
New sets showing up
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2003, 01:13 PM »
FBTB.net is reporting that people all across the U.S. have been finding the new Dagobah set (49.99), Cantina set (29.99), and the new Snowspeeder (19.99). I've read that they're finding the sets at TRU's and Targets. Happy hunting!

(Oh, and the new Minis are showing up too. :))
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New sets showing up
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 03:14 AM »
The Dagobah X-wing has been all over the place this past week, but I finally found the Cantina set, and the Shuttle and Star Destroyer minis tonight at a TRU.  Still haven't seen the Snowspeeder yet.  Is it just a rehash, or is there something new or different about it?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 10:14 AM »
The Dagobah X-wing has been all over the place this past week, but I finally found the Cantina set, and the Shuttle and Star Destroyer minis tonight at a TRU.  Still haven't seen the Snowspeeder yet.  Is it just a rehash, or is there something new or different about it?

The snowspeeder is a whole new design.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 07:50 PM »
The snowspeeder is a whole new design.

Is it the UCS version I've heard was coming, in which case - duh, of course it is!  Or is it in the smaller, regular scale?  I'm assuming the latter, since I recall seeing a $20 price tag for it on one of the boards...  Still haven't seen this at retail yet.  Has anyone else?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 1, 2003, 07:37 AM »
Smaller set and I just saw it for the first time over the weekend.  It's actually got more pieces than the Mos Eisley Cantina set, but retails for less ::)

I also saw all four new Minis (bought the Shuttle and SD).  I'll go back for the rest when I get some more money.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2003, 12:21 PM »
I finally found the Snowspeeder a few nights ago.  Nice lookin' little set.  Still have to get my old Speeder out to compare it to, to see what the differences are.

I still haven't found the AT-TE and Sith Infiltrator minis for some odd reason.  I've come across the Shuttle and Star Destroyer several times now, but the other two are nowhere to be found.  Very strange.  Aren't they all shipping together?  Usually the OT vehicles are the more highly sought after sets, so I can't figure out what the hell's goin' on out here with these things.

BTW, the new Dagobah X-Wing is on sale this week at Target for only $39 and change, so if you want to save yourself $11, zip on over there and snag it (and just return your previous one if you saved your receipt, like me!  ;))

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 4, 2003, 02:27 PM »
I don't have the new SS set yet, but from looking at the box and my exceptionally good memory, I know the guns and cockpit are the major changes.  I believe the cockpit is one piece now - thus movie accurate - instead of the two cockpits of the old one.  It also has a grappling hook that fires instead of a stationary gun.