Author Topic: Shadows of the Empire  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
Shadows of the Empire
« on: June 28, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Chewie finally got me to get this online here at Jedi Defender. I am working on a 15 Chapter Shadows of the Empire photonovel that includes the book, comics, and video game along with some fan fiction to fill in the blanks. So take a step back to 1997, a time before the prequels when the dark underworld of the Empire was explored and we found conspiracy and deceit in the Shadows of the Empire...

Custom figures appearing in this chapter:

TOP: Leebo, Lando (Chapter 1), Seated Xizor, Emperor Statues, Seated Emperor
BOTTOM: Jix, Nrin Merv (Black Sun's Accountant), Guri, Emperor's Hand

I have Chapter 2 complete and am working on getting it photo edited with the stopry attached. I should have it posted sometime in the next 16 hours.
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Shadows of the Empire
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 05:14 PM »
Wow! I saw this a few weeks ago, but it was on your website. I love SOTE, it was my first true exposure to Star Wars. I like how simple everything looks, it comes out great, IMO. My favorite part is the junkyard battle. I LOVE the train car you made!

Please, show us more! ;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 05:24 PM »
There's so many cool things going on here that I could write a book!!!

Train Scene - Awesome!!! I really loved how you did that, it reminded me of the old N64 SOTE game!!

Fett vs. IG droid - That was cool too, I really enjoyed the cockpit shots.

Coruscant - Great depictions, I really like the candle things you got for the Xixor scene... I have some of those too! Did you get them at a dollar store like I did?

Overall, a very entertaining chapter. You are truly showing your love for Star Wars here with the time and energy you are putting in this. People like myself really appreciate that, and I hope you keep the passion for finishing this photonovel. Also, just a personal opinion; but don't be afraid to add your own touch to it - SOTE is an established story, but I would think it's cool to see a little freedom on your part as far as interpretation of the story.

Excellent job! Keep up the good work and post Chapter 2 on here when you can because I know it's already done.

:P

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Holy Crap!!
I love Shadows of the Empire.

Last week me and a friend beat it on medium to get the secret endign we nenver could. that Gladiator Droid was tough stuff to beat.

He's going to die when I show this to him.

Super Job!!

My only complaint is that the pictures are small. But I don't care much, I'm still excited that IG-88 was blasted by the outrider, that was great.

I love This!!!

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
Re: Shadows of the Empire (Chapter 2)
« Reply #4 on: July 3, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Wow, very busy week at work (ah, the Army) and not alot of time for SW >:(

Any how, I finished the photoedit for Chapter 2 and am posting it below. Soory about the size of the pics, on future chapters here I will increase the size. Remember, you can always catch the story at my site Shadows of the Empire. Working on Chapter 3, one of the dios is the Falcon interior and it is time consuming. Hopefully within a week I will be done with it. Got a couple of days off so I will be a hot glue-ing fanatic.

TOP: Ca Vel Gulad, Guri (Chapter2), Fixer, Luke (Desert), Luke (SOTE), Leia (Cantina), Lando (SOTE)

MIDDLE: Cantina Mercs (Killva Snuggs, Hukli Dressdon, Wukk Roder), SOTE Cantina Band (Al and the Liens), Black Sun Guards

BOTTOM: Vilmahr Grahrk, Villie Holo, Melas, Senni and Brea Tonnika, Bannis Keeg, Rokku Keeg, Alsowana D'Ulkalero, Ponda Boba, Regga Hoff

« Last Edit: July 3, 2005, 02:57 PM by Darth_FiSTer »

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2005, 12:45 AM »
Cool, cool, cool! I love how you incorporate items from the video game, comic, and mix them your own ideas. Please, keep it coming!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 9, 2005, 12:04 AM »
I agree, I love how you have incorporated many different elements and used some of your own fan fiction stuff to add to the story, and throw in a few surprises.

How did you make the oddball looking Sandcrawler?  I love the different look to it, still a very classic look to it too!

And I'd really like to know how you made Xixor's guards as well as the band members?

Great job, and I can't wait to see Dash Rendar back in part 3!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 9, 2005, 12:56 AM »
Wow.  This is really a GREAT project.

It looks terrific.  Keep 'em coming.

I think I mentioned that I was never a fan of SOTE, but I'm SO much more engrossed in this than i was the novel.

There is some really wonderful work here....the train scene was great, all of your sets and customs are fantastic!

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: July 9, 2005, 01:10 AM »
Very nice work... I'm really glad you brought this over to JD, otherwise I would have probably never seen it. The hovertrain is easily one of my favorite EU vehicles.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 01:39 AM »
Once more, very nice work indeed. I am getting pumped for part 3

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 05:08 AM »
Once again, work and kharma love me. Getting a little break over the next few days and will get Chapter 3 wrapped up and posted. Finished the Gall cantina, Black Sun Conference room, Xizor Strong Room and a slew of customs over the last couple of weeks. I am doing the Falcon cockpit, gunwell and the interior (from NiubNiub's) and about to go beserk.  :P

Look for another post this weekend with Chapter 3, followed closely by Chapter 4.

Chewie, the Jawa Scavenger was a project I had in the back of my head for a while. I had bought a Military playset and it had a mobile command base that came with it. It had ramps on all sides and that funky looking tower on top that was perfect size for Jawas. Built a foamcore track holder underneath it and used some fodder I had for the tracks (think they used to be parts to a CD tower). Next I added the cockpit (for lack of a better description) from foamcore.

I used the drawing from the Essential Vehicle guide to get  the same angle as the Sandcrawler. I made the roof removable so those Jawas can drive it across the sands. Painted the whole thing and touched up part with an Antique Brass paint.

Some more pics of it:

I am going to make a couple more Black Sun guards before I post Chapter 3; I'll do a How To step by step photo session on these and post it as well. The band guys are pretty cheesy: I had some glow in the dark little alien dudes that I lobbed the heads off and just glued them onto the army guys that came with the military playset. Painted the hands to match the head colors and accented the eyes with a sharpie. Band instruments are just fodder I had. My daughter is dating a drummer, so that was the inspiration for the drum set.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 05:13 AM by Darth_FiSTer »

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Darth_FiSTer, you are awesome.  Thanks for the explanations and "how-to" on the Sandcrawler/alien band.

That Sandcrawler is very, very cool and damn creative.

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 07:26 AM »
Hey gang,

Time sure flies when you are having fun (yea, RIGHT!). Thought I would drop a line to let everyone know I am out of the custom business for a few months while I take a "military vacation" to that  wonderful place you see on the news all the time. I'll get cranking back up with updates, new ROTS dioramas, the continuation and completion of the SOTE photonovel and a photonovel I am writing during my off time set during the Jedi Purge when I get back in January 2006.

Internet is spotty over here, but I get as chance to look at the forums a lot more than reply. Don't turn this into a politcal or war thread. Keeping my head down, 3rd time over here, and keeping hope alive.

Really hadn't cranked up as much as I would have liked here at JD, more to follow when I get back.

The Sarge,
Mike Hoffman
In the Sands of Time

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 08:58 AM »
About Luke talking to Watto in Ch 2, doesn't Darth Maul kill Watto in a comic?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 12:44 PM »
An infinities comic, so no.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -