Author Topic: TRU 2-pks  (Read 25236 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: TRU 2-pks
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 03:14 PM »
I have to keep hitting TRU stores then... there's one out in the hood not too far that I rarely go to in fear of getting shot.  But I'll risk my life for these.

:P

As hot as these packs are, you might get shot over them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Well they didn't have any, but I did get a couple more Derlins at $4.99 for some custom Hoth troops.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 03:20 AM »
Nabbed a 2-pack that had Ask Aak and a Wookiee heavy Gunner.  Only one I saw at two TRU's tonight too, I'm a bit bummed, but happy to have gotten one more.

Noticed too that my figure I got tonight is a LOT greyer than the other one I had...  Like, to the point it seems more than just a random paint app difference, I dunno.

I heard a couple TRU's in the area got dumped with these, and the 501st packs I half expect ot see on the 11th at the local Toy Show...  Just a sneaking suspicion. 

Another observation I made tonight...

One local TRU, a high traffic one, had a literal wall of Carkoon wave for $6.99 last week...  This week, with the price drop to $4.99, these figures were down to 8 or 10 total in the store, a mix of Leia Boussh, a Barada, and Bib Fortuna's...  Every other figure was gone.  The store was practically cleared out totally and there had to have been 100 figures at least if not more...  Literally falling off the pegs.  I could count over a dozen Boba Fett's one day I was there, and now everything's gone practically.

I hope TRU sees that a $4.99 price sells TREMENDOUSLY better than the $6.99 price...  I hope Target's got its eyes on this too and realizes they can move more crap if they'd adhere to the competitive spirit Wal-Mart's set.  It's been too long dealing with these ****-tacular prices.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2006, 03:32 AM »
I've only got one TRU up here in Fort Collins and it is kind of a stinker. I can never find any bbi figures at it and there haven't been any 2-packs to be seen.

I did grab another Veers and Derlin  for $4.99 today though. Grab a copy of the TRU sale ad next time you are there Wal-Marts will price match. I went into Target to try too, but there wasn't anything I wanted to use it on.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 04:02 AM »
Target's done away with pricematching too which blows quite simply.  I'd have pricematched galore on customs crap at the local Target for $5, but their policies with toys are frustrating at best.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 10:34 AM »
I picked up a Aalya Secura/Shaak Ti 2-pack! I's nice to get two that I actually wanted for once!

Offline JediFirefly

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 11:41 AM »
My TRU got these in and they had several of them. They must have just stocked them recently. I picked up:
Shaak Ti/Tactical Ops Trooper
Padme/Tactical Ops Trooper
Kit Fisto/Wookie Heavy Gunner
Plo Koon/Aayla Secura

They also had sets with Tarkin, Ask aak(i think thats how its spelled), C-3PO, and Count Dooku. I would have gotten more but I just dont have the money.

I must say though even though these sets are great deals they are not mint on card collector friendly.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 12:57 PM »
I found some of these today, except there were no Tac Ops Troopers in any of the packs.  :(

I already have one and I didn't like it, so I guess it's no big deal. I did manage to get the two figures I was looking for from these anyway, which were Ask Aak and the Wookiee Heavy Gunner.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Nice find!

You can never have too many Tac Ops - I'm sure the scalpers and/or employees beat you to them.  It sure as hell wasn't me.

BTW, have you found any of the new TSC clones?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:00 PM by ruiner »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I got there about 10:30 AM, so it was likely employees. The peg was full, so I'm beginning to wonder if there were any Tac Ops Troopers at all.

I wonder if the holo Jedi will show up in any of these packs, or that red droid.

I just found an Utapau Clone tonight stashed on the top shelf at CF WM. Lucky find. No Scorch, obviously. I think I may have to order a case of wave 4? revision 4 to get a decent number of Utapau Clones, a Scorch, and not have to hunt for the Firespeeder Pilot and the Talz Jedi. The only bitch is those two Vaders.  :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:41 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Bought three, and opened them all. (except for one TOT) 8)
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 2, 2006, 12:35 PM »
What are people seeing the price point at on these?  My TRU had a ton of them.  Even a bunch of the 501 Clone but the prices are 8.97  ???

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 2, 2006, 06:05 PM »
That is the price.  8.97 for 2 figs.  It is cheaper than 7,6 or even 5 a figure.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 2, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Yeah it's a pretty good deal really.  Jim, if your area happens to have any WOokiee Heavy Gunner figs on a 2-pack I'd be in to picking a couple up off you.  They were non-existant out here, as were the 501st Clone.   :-\

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 3, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Jesse, I can probably get you a couple of the Wookiee ones, but I've not seen it packed with a 501st clone.

I did get two of the 501st ones today, and I suppose I do like this figure.  I had made my own version but it is pretty damn cool.