Author Topic: New Jedi Order!  (Read 5178 times)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
New Jedi Order!
« on: July 2, 2005, 11:49 PM »
I saw this mentioned elsewhere.  The NJO toys would be great, along with a lot of other EU toys.

Think of all the bad jedi you can get!  Right now you have a mess of good jedi toys, but only Dooku, vader, maul and Sidious.

4 bad guys!  you need more.  EU gives you that. =)  Instant playability all kids would like that

NJO is good too, as the bad guys are tough and evil looking.  Sure most fo the stories in the series stunk, and chewie died in the dumbest way, but lots of jedi and baddies.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: New Jedi Order!
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2005, 11:50 PM »
could even do a TV show in that! 

ooh like "Enemy Lines" would be an awesome story!  Defending that planet from the Vong for a year.  That's prefect for a TV show!

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I also think that the different vong will make a really good set og bad guy figures.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Best part about the VOng is they could stand up to the Jedi.  Instead of simple baddies that the Jedi mow down.  Or they need a million guns to kill a Jedi. lol

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 02:59 AM »
From what I hear, Chewie was crushed by a planet. I actually think that's pretty freaking cool.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 03:53 PM »
just getting crushed maybe.

I thought the death was pat sensationalism. They just put it in there to "PROVE" to the readers that "oh you don't think we'll kill someone?!  POW, there chewie's dead, huh what do you think about that!  scared for Han and Luke now!?  Welll, you should be....you SHOULD BE!!"

Gratuitous and silly.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 06:11 AM »
From what I hear, Chewie was crushed by a planet. I actually think that's pretty freaking cool.

Bastard. That was NOT cool.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 06:57 PM »
just getting crushed maybe.

I thought the death was pat sensationalism. They just put it in there to "PROVE" to the readers that "oh you don't think we'll kill someone?!  POW, there chewie's dead, huh what do you think about that!  scared for Han and Luke now!?  Welll, you should be....you SHOULD BE!!"

Gratuitous and silly.

Kind of have to disagreew with you on this point Dafoo, because a lot of the books later on dealt with how Han dealt with the loss of his best friend and also his relationships with his family....especially Anakin.

Speaking of which...I was completely suprised when they killed him off!  :o
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Matt_Fury:

I'm very iffy on the series as a whole.  Just with the premise they set and didn't follow, that's a real big pet peeve with me.

The spent a lot of time in the resulting emotions and toil from a death. I'm mainly talking about Chewie's death. It was just in-your-face will show you a main character can buy it.  Anakin you are right about.

I also didn't like the 'new' jedi that would show up in the start of a book; just so there'd be someone to kill at the end. lol

They are jedi and a lot of them get killed off so easily by the Vong.  They can't directly use the force on the Vong, but they are still in a world of the force, use that.

My ultimate favorite story was "Rebel Lines."  My least favorite was "Vector Prime."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 05:28 PM »
That's cool Dafoo, and I see your point.  I just think they did a good job overall.

True there were some Jedi that they seemed to introduce just to kill off, then there were others that were in a few books and then they ended up making the ultimate sacrifice to save others.

As far as the Jedi not being able to use the force on the Vong....meh somewhat.  I thought they covered this well that the Jedi were going to have to come up with new tactics to defeat the Vong, which they eventually started doing.  The stuttering fire to defeat the dovin basils as well as the Jedi using the force to push proton torpedoes through space...I think they called them shadow bombs.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2005, 09:43 PM »
yep,  Good old Shadow Bombs.

I hope they get back to the X-Wing series type of books.  Not really having too much to do with main characters and having a very detailed battle scenes.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to make figures from the New Jedi order, with some good articulation like new Luke Skywalker figures and new Mara Jade Skywalker figures

Offline Asyr

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 11:38 PM »
I stopped reading much of the New Jedi Order books when they went on, in my opinion a character killing spree. I cried when they killed off Chewie.

I certainly don't think they had to do it either they just did for sick twisted kicks.