Author Topic: Mozilla Browser  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Mozilla Browser
« on: July 4, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Does anyone else use this browser?

If so I would like to hear comments about it, I am currently using it, mainly because of what i hear it is better than IE. So far it is running pretty damn quick and smooth for me.

Claude

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Mozilla Browser
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2005, 12:59 AM »
If you're talking about Firefox, then I use that.  I like it a lot better than IE, although I still have to use IE for Yahoo! mail and some other stuff.  Still, Firefox is a lot better than IE for most web pages.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2005, 03:28 AM »
*Waits on Jason to arrive*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 4, 2005, 09:38 AM »
I use it and like it.  Sometimes I run into sites that it doesn't read properly, though.  It's a decent alternative if you don't like IE.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: July 4, 2005, 05:13 PM »
*Waits on Jason to arrive*

If you don't use Mozilla Firefox for your web browsing (at least over IE) you are really missing out. Not only does it do a better job of loading pages, it allows you to web surf in ways not conceived before via the use of extensions and applets, which are easily available from mozilla.org. You can do tab browsing, load external links or thumbnailed imagery into a new window/tab,  and zoom in/out of large images. There are many security features as well, including the ability to filter out ads & scripts, prevent sites from loading software on your machine, and of course block popups (built in feature). Since I started using Mozilla's suite of web browsers about 2 years ago, it literally pains me to use anything else. Start using it, you won't be disappointed. Then again if you don't use it, you'll be a schmuck like JJ.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 4, 2005, 05:15 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 4, 2005, 06:04 PM »
I just started using Firefox a couple months ago because IE kept screwing up on my computer. I have had very few problems with Firefox and I really like being able to "tab" pages into one window. It's definitely something to at least try.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 4, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Appreciate all the input guys, ill use it for a while instead of IE. But so far I really like it, no problems what so ever. Another question I have is about how secure it is if i were to check my bank online. I know i should just go to the site and find it on my own, but i prefer to have someone elses opinion, someone who uses it alot.

Thanks

Claude

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #7 on: July 5, 2005, 01:33 AM »
Appreciate all the input guys, ill use it for a while instead of IE. But so far I really like it, no problems what so ever. Another question I have is about how secure it is if i were to check my bank online. I know i should just go to the site and find it on my own, but i prefer to have someone elses opinion, someone who uses it alot.

Thanks

Claude

it's just as secure as using IE, likely even safer since IE has so many bugs in it that are utilized by the types who would spy on your online transactions. if you were comfortable using IE to check your bank account, you should feel just as comfortable using Mozilla
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot